The Total Money Makeover
|Genre||Personal finance, Debt|
|Media type||Print Hardcover, audiobook and ebook|
The Total Money Makeover teaches individuals how to get out of debt as well as how to budget. The book teaches the seven baby steps to follow in order to achieve financial stability, planning ahead for upcoming financial events, like retirement, and shares stories of individuals and couples that have done so successfully.
The seven baby steps are:
- Save a $1,000 beginner emergency fund
- Get out of debt using the debt snowball
- Building a fully funded emergency fund
- Invest 15% of household income for retirement
- Save for children's college
- Pay off your home early
- Build wealth and be generous
Kathleen Elkins and Libby Kane wrote for the Business Insider, "Financial guru Dave Ramsey doesn't shower his readers with quick fixes in The Total Money Makeover. He provides a bold approach to finance matters and gets to the bottom of money problems: you."
- "The Total Money Makeover > Editions". Retrieved 2019-12-24.
- "The Total Money Makeover Quotes by Dave Ramsey". www.goodreads.com. Retrieved 2019-12-24.
- Brown, Paul B. (2019-10-11). "Reconsidering the Advice in 3 Popular Personal Finance Books". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2019-12-24.
- "Why Dave Ramsey's Baby Steps & The Total Money Makeover Work". Best Wallet Hacks. 2018-11-21. Retrieved 2019-12-24.
- "The Total Money Makeover Hits The Wall Street Journal Bestseller List More Than 500 Weeks". PR Newswire. August 2, 2017.
- Johnson, Jamie. "The 6 Best Personal Finance Books For Beginners". Bankrate. Retrieved 2019-12-24.
- Kane, Kathleen Elkins, Libby. "19 books to read if you want to get rich". Business Insider. Retrieved 2019-12-24.