The Totteridge Academy
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Principal||Mr Chris Fairbairn (2016-)|
|Deputy/Assistant Principals||Ms. J Aitken (2016-), Mr. A Gidaropoulos (2016-), Mrs. A Francis (2014-), Mr. T Knott (2016-)|
|DfE URN||137374 Tables|
Previously known as The Ravenscroft School, it was converted to academy status in September 2011 under the new name "The Totteridge Academy". The school has a specialism in technology, with over 500 computers, but remains non-selective as of 2012, and has no catchment area.
The Totteridge Academy has joined United Learning Educational Institution.
The lower years all have Mathematics, English, Science, Art, Citizenship, Drama, Geography, History, ICT, Modern Foreign Languages, Music, PE, RE, D&T.
GCSE students are also offered Business Studies, Health & social care, Media studies, Graphics and Resistant materials.
2014 (and prior): Subjects offered in the 6th form are: Art, Biology, Business Studies, Construction, Drama, English Literature, Geography, Health & Social Care, History, ICT, Mathematics, Media Studies, Physical Education, Product Design, Science, Sociology, Sports Studies (including own Football Academy).
2015 - 2016: Subjects offered in the 6th form are: Level 2 BTECs in: Travel and tourism, Sports and Business studies.
2016: No intake of year 12 students, due to a lack of applicants
2017: In the academic year 2016 to 2017, there are no year 12 or year 13s studying at The Totteridge Academy
The Totteridge Academy has a main bus route '606', which comes from Queensbury Station and runs 6 times a day (3 times from Queensbury to the school between 8:00am and 8:40am, and 3 times going back, between 3:15pm and 3:45pm). It is also a 10-minute walk to High Barnet Station (Northern Line) and the '251' bus route (regular service).
There is parking available on-site, but it is primarily available for staff. Therefore, should parents or visitors need to park close-by, the 'King George V' playing grounds car park is very close to the school, and parking is usually available (no parking charges apply).
Notable former pupils
- Devin Griffin - actor, radio presenter and DJ
- Mauro Vilhete - footballer
- Neil Kilkenny - footballer
- Mark Denham - actor
Spencer Oliver - boxer
- The class of 2016 (2011 to 2016) were the only successful year group to go through the school, always as named as students of The Totteridge Academy as an independent body of schooling. Class of 2015 started of as students of the Ravenscroft School, and class of 2017, will end (still as TTA students) as members of the United Learning Educational Institution.
- Matters, Transport for London | Every Journey. "606 bus route". Transport for London. Retrieved 2016-11-14.
- Matters, Transport for London | Every Journey. "251 bus route". Transport for London. Retrieved 2016-11-14.
- "Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 2016-11-14.
- The Totteridge Academy official website
- The Totteridge Academy's student post 16 review: "One Voice"