The Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft
|The Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft|
|Release||September 30, 2008 (Windows)
September 29, 2009 (Wii)
The Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft (originally to be titled The Hardy Boys: The Tower Treasure) is the first title in The Hardy Boys PC game series created by JoWood Productions and The Adventure Company. It was based on The Tower Treasure, the first book in the book series. The game was released September 30, 2008. A sequel was made called The Hardy Boys: The Perfect Crime; this Hidden Object game was critically panned.
The vault of the Spencer Mansion is robbed, and the Bayport Police call on brother detectives Frank and Joe Hardy for help to tie up some loose ends. The teen sleuths soon find themselves in the middle of a major criminal investigation that takes them out of their hometown Bayport, and into New York City. But the pieces don't add up, and Frank and Joe find themselves embroiled in a drama of sinister proportions, and they begin to suspect the recent theft is somehow linked to something from the past.
Just Adventure gave the game a B+.
- Game page for The Hardy Boys: The Tower Treasure on PC at Video Game Generation
- JoWooD and The Adventure Company Bring The Hardy Boys to PC - PC News
- "The Hardy Boys: The Perfect Crime for Windows (2009) MobyRank - MobyGames". MobyGames. Retrieved 2017-12-28.
- Press Release at The Hardy Boys Encyclopedia
- "The Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft Review: Just Adventure - Reviews Walkthroughs and AdventureNews!". 2008-12-19. Retrieved 2017-12-28.