The Travelling Grave and Other Stories
Dust-jacket illustration by Frank Utpatel for The Travelling Grave and Other Stories
|Author||L. P. Hartley|
|Cover artist||Frank Utpatel|
|Genre||fantasy, horror short stories|
|Media type||Print (Hardback)|
The Travelling Grave and Other Stories is a collection of horror and fantasy short stories by author L. P. Hartley. It was released in 1948 and was the author's first American collection of fantastic tales. It was published by Arkham House in an edition of 2,047 copies.
Most of the stories originally appeared in two British collections: Night Fears and The Killing Bottle and Other Stories
The Travelling Grave and Other Stories contains the following tales:
- "A Visitor from Down Under"
- "Three, or Four, for Dinner"
- "The Travelling Grave"
- "Feet Foremost"
- "The Cotillion"
- "A Change of Ownership"
- "The Thought"
- "Conrad and the Dragon"
- "The Island"
- "Night Fears"
- "The Killing Bottle"
- London: James Barrie, 1951.
- London: Hamish Hamilton, 1957.
- Jaffery, Sheldon (1989). The Arkham House Companion. Mercer Island, WA: Starmont House, Inc. p. 30. ISBN 1-55742-005-X.
- Chalker, Jack L.; Mark Owings (1998). The Science-Fantasy Publishers: A Bibliographic History, 1923-1998. Westminster, MD and Baltimore: Mirage Press, Ltd. p. 31.
- Joshi, S.T. (1999). Sixty Years of Arkham House: A History and Bibliography. Sauk City, WI: Arkham House. p. 47. ISBN 0-87054-176-5.
- Nielsen, Leon (2004). Arkham House Books: A Collector's Guide. Jefferson, NC and London: McFarland & Company, Inc. p. 67. ISBN 0-7864-1785-4.