The Treasure of San Teresa
|The Treasure of San Teresa|
|Directed by||Alvin Rakoff|
|Written by||Jack Andrews|
|Produced by||John Nasht|
|Edited by||Jim Connock|
|Music by||Don Banks|
Kurt Ulrich Filmproduktion
|Distributed by||British Lion |
|21 July 1959|
The Treasure of San Teresa (German: Rhapsodie in Blei) is a 1959 British-West German thriller film directed by Alvin Rakoff and starring Eddie Constantine, Dawn Addams and Marius Goring. It was based on a play by Jeffrey Dell. The film is also known by the alternative titles Hot Money Girl, Long Distance, and Rhapsody in Blei.
Ex-OSS operative Larry Brennan (Eddie Constantine) returns to Czechoslovakia after retiring from his military service during World War II. He is intent on seeking out a hidden cache of Nazi jewels stashed in this country during the war. There he has to join with Hedi von Hartmann (Dawn Addams), his former lover and a daughter of the German general who previously owned the gems, but Larry is not sure whether he can trust her. Soon Larry begins to realise that he is being double-crossed and triple-crossed.
- Eddie Constantine as Larry Brennan
- Dawn Addams as Hedi von Hartmann
- Marius Goring as Rudi Siebert
- Christopher Lee as Jaeger
- Nadine Tallier as Zizi
- Walter Gotell as Hamburg inspector
- Willi Witte as von Hartmann
- Leslie "Hutch" Hutchinson as Piano player at Billie's
- Gaylord Cavallaro as Mike Jones
- Hubert Mittendorf as Schneider
- Derek Sydney as Barman
- Penelope Horner as Bar girl
- Georgina Cookson as Billie
- Clive Dunn as Cemetery keeper
- Sheldon Lawrence as Patrolling policeman
- Steve Plytas as Station sergeant
- Thomas Gallagher as Truck driver
- Stella Bonheur as Sister Angelica
- Tom Bowman as Tough
- Margaret Boyd as Sister Catherine
- Walter Buhler as Uniformed Policeman
- Tsai Chin as 1st girl in fight
- Marie Devereux as Girl with the Mink
- Diane Potter as 2nd girl in fight
- Susan Travers as Girl at Billie's
- Anna Turner as Billie's maid
- "The Treasure of San Teresa". FilmAffinity. filmaffinity.com. Retrieved 15 January 2016.
- "The Treasure of San Teresa (1959)", BFI.
- Erickson, Hal (2016). "The Treasure of San Teresa (1959)". Movies & TV Dept. The New York Times. Baseline & All Movie Guide. Archived from the original on 7 March 2016. Retrieved 15 January 2016.
- "The Treasure of San Teresa". The Movie Scene. themoviescene.co.uk. Retrieved 15 January 2016.