The Treasure of San Teresa
|The Treasure of San Teresa|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Alvin Rakoff|
|Produced by||John Nasht
|Written by||Jack Andrews
|Music by||Don Banks|
|Edited by||Jim Connock|
Kurt Ulrich Filmproduktion
The Treasure of San Teresa is a 1959 British-West German thriller film directed by Alvin Rakoff and starring Eddie Constantine, Dawn Addams and Marius Goring. It was based on a play by Jeffrey Dell. The film is also known by the alternative titles Hot Money Girl, Long Distance, and Rhapsody in Blie.
Ex-OSS operative Larry Brennan (Eddie Constantine) returns to Czechoslovakia after retiring from his military service during World War II. He is intent on seeking out a hidden cache of Nazi jewels stashed in this country during the war. There he has to join with Hedi von Hartmann (Dawn Addams), his former lover and a daughter of the German general who previously owned the gems, but Larry is not sure whether he can trust her. Soon Larry begins to realise that he is being double-crossed and triple-crossed.
- Eddie Constantine - Larry Brennan
- Dawn Addams - Hedi von Hartmann
- Marius Goring - Rudi Siebert
- Christopher Lee - Jaeger
- Nadine Tallier - Zizi
- Walter Gotell - Hamburg inspector
- Willi Witte - von Hartmann
- Leslie "Hutch" Hutchinson - Piano player at Billie's
- Gaylord Cavallaro - Mike Jones
- Hubert Mittendorf - Schneider
- Derek Sydney - Barman
- Penelope Horner - Bar girl
- Georgina Cookson - Billie
- Clive Dunn - Cemetery keeper
- Sheldon Lawrence - Patrolling policeman
- Steve Plytas - Station sergeant
- Thomas Gallagher - Truck driver
- Stella Bonheur - Sister Angelica
- Tom Bowman - Tough
- Margaret Boyd - Sister Catherine
- Walter Buhler - Uniformed Policeman
- Tsai Chin - 1st girl in fight
- Marie Devereux - Girl with the Mink
- Diane Potter - 2nd girl in fight
- Susan Travers - Girl at Billie's
- Anna Turner - Billie's maid
- "The Treasure of San Teresa". FilmAffinity. filmaffinity.com. Retrieved 15 January 2016.
- "The Treasure of San Teresa (1959)", BFI.
- Erickson, Hal. "The Treasure of San Teresa (1959)". The New York Times. nytimes.com. Retrieved 15 January 2016.
- "The Treasure of San Teresa". The Movie Scene. themoviescene.co.uk. Retrieved 15 January 2016.