The Trials of Darksmoke
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|The Trials of Darksmoke|
|Directed by||John F. Carroll
|Produced by||John F. Carroll
John F. Carroll
|Starring||John F. Carroll
|Music by||Christopher Barr|
John F. Carroll
|Edited by||John F. Carroll|
The Trials of Darksmoke is a 2013 fantasy-adventure fan film based upon Mattel's Masters of the Universe franchise. It is the third and final film in a trilogy that includes The Wizard of Stone Mountain and The Fountain of Life. The film was directed by John F. Carroll during the Winter and Spring of 2012 around Austin, Texas and the Texas Hill Country.
The film ties together several plots that have run throughout the trilogy. The Wizard, Malik, He-Man, She-Ra and their friends journey throughout Eternia attempting to stop the evil Skeletor. The film was set to debut at Grayskull Con 2013 in Germany in September 2013, followed by Screenings at Power-Con 2013 in Los Angeles and the Alamo Drafthouse in Austin, Texas. However, due to longer than expected post-production, the film was delayed until 2014. The film will be free to view online and will begin streaming sometime in late 2014.
The evil Skeletor has released an unspeakable demonic power and with it, he will conquer Castle Grayskull and the rest of the universe! He-Man and She-Ra work against the odds to stop Skeletor while the wizard Malik claims an ancient power bestowed by the great dragon Granamyr. But will the cost be too great?
- John F. Carroll as Malik
- David McCullars as He-Man
- Chris Romani as Evil-Lyn
- Javier Smith as Keldor, Zodak
- Bethany Harbaugh as Teela
- Bridget Farias as Kareen
- Richard Dodwell as Kyros
- Joseph Fotinos as King Randor
- Bob Swaffar as King Miro
- Emily Hampton as Princess Adora, She-Ra
- Parker Danks as Chad
- Robert Berry as Grandfather
- Juli Dearrington as The Sorceress
- Andrew Brett as Skeletor
- Elisabeth Raine as Rayna
- Laura Cannon as Myrna
- Ben Scott as Man-At-Arms
- Taylor Basinger as Giaus
- Björn Korthof as Prince Adam
- Johnny Bilson as Tri-Klops
- Peggy Schott as Queen Angella
- Briony Zakes as Frosta
- Lee Wilson as King Grayskull
- Darwin Miller as Eldor
- Kenneth C. Liverman as King Ragnar
The Trials of Darksmoke and The Fountain of Life were shot simultaneously during the winter and spring of 2012. With pick-up shots scheduled for Winter 2013. The films were shot digitally, using two DSLR cameras—A Canon T2i and a Nikon D7000. A riverbed in Walnut Creek Park, a location that had been used in the previous films in the series, collapsed after a rainstorm in April 2012 and was repurposed for other set locations.
The film is currently in post-production and will premiere in the Autumn of 2013.
- Bolaños, Christine (August 18, 2010). "Bringing it to life: Locals produce fan flick based on 'Masters of the Universe' characters". Hill Country News. Retrieved March 17, 2011.
- Saxton, Timothy. "`Masters of the Universe' Live Action Trilogy Made on a Budget of $40,000 and Why You Should Support It". Yahoo! Contributor Network. Retrieved Jun 25, 2012.[unreliable source?]
- "Masters of the Universe: The Wizard of Stone Mountain". Austin Chronicle. Retrieved September 23, 2011.