The Trump Prophecy
The Trump Prophecy is an upcoming Christian drama film. It tells the story of Mark Taylor, a retired firefighter who believes that, in April 2011, God told him that Donald Trump would one day become president of the United States. The movie also portrays how Taylor's words helped inspire a prayer movement during the 2016 election.
The Trump Prophecy is a production of Rick Eldridge's ReelWorks Studios, in cooperation with the film department of Liberty University, the evangelical Christian school founded by Jerry Falwell. It was directed by Stephan Schultze, the head of Liberty University's film program, and made with the help of many of the school's film students.
The Trump Prophecy is scheduled to be screened by Fathom Events in theaters throughout the U.S. on October 2 and October 4, 2018.
The film was made with a budget of about $2 million.
Some Liberty University students created an online petition objecting to the school's involvement with the film. The petition said, "We should be very wary of modern-day prophets. Mark Taylor has claimed God told him that electing Trump will save the world which is unbiblical at best and heretical at worst."
- Kuruvilla, Carol (June 6, 2018). "An Evangelical University Is Helping Create A Movie About How Trump Was Chosen By God". Huffington Post. Retrieved September 15, 2018.
- Burton, Tara Isabella (May 30, 2018). "An Evangelical Christian University Is Helping Make a Film that Implies God Chose Trump". Vox. Retrieved September 15, 2018.
- Markoe, Lauren (May 31, 2018). "Did Trump Fulfill a Divine Prophecy? What to Expect From a New Liberty University Film". The Washington Post. Retrieved June 6, 2018.
- Zahneis, Megan (May 31, 2018). "A Man Says God Told Him Trump Would Be President. Liberty U's Making a Movie About Him". The Chronicle of Higher Education. Retrieved June 6, 2018.
- Fern, Charles (July 4, 2018). "Students Object to University Role in Movie on Trump". Voice of America. Retrieved September 16, 2018.