The Truth About Men (song)
|"The Truth About Men"|
|Single by Tracy Byrd|
|from the album The Truth About Men|
|Released||March 3, 2003|
Rory Lee Feek|
Billy Joe Walker, Jr.|
|Tracy Byrd singles chronology|
"The Truth About Men" is a song written by Paul Overstreet, Rory Lee Feek and Tim Johnson, and recorded by American country music singer Tracy Byrd. It was released in March 2003 as the first single and title track from his album The Truth About Men. The song peaked at number 13 on the Hot Country Songs charts.
Ray Waddell of Billboard magazine described the song as "hilarious" in his review of the album. Reviewing the album for Allmusic, Stephen Thomas Erlewine called the song "a little too silly" and said that "some of the jibes don't quite work".
The music video was directed by Thom Oliphant and premiered in early 2003.
"The Truth About Men" debuted on the Hot Country Songs charts for the week ending March 15, 2003. It spent 21 weeks on the charts and peaked at number 13. It also peaked at number 77 on the Billboard Hot 100. Before its release, Byrd charted at number 38 on Hot Country Songs with a cut titled "Lately (Been Dreamin' 'bout Babies)", which did not appear on any of his albums.
|US Billboard Hot 100||77|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||13|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||46|
- "The Truth About Men". MusicNotes.com. Retrieved 28 February 2014.
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. p. 73. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- Waddell, Ray (19 July 2003). "Album reviews: The Truth About Men". Billboard. 115 (29): 32.
- Erlewine, Stephen Thomas. "The Truth About Men review". Allmusic. Retrieved 8 October 2010.
- "Tracy Byrd Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard. Retrieved 14 October 2010.
- "Tracy Byrd Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved 14 October 2010.
- "Best of 2003: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2003. Retrieved July 13, 2012.