The Two Tigers
|Original title||Le due tigri|
|Language||English, Original: Italian|
Young adult literature
|Publisher||ROH Press (first English translation)
Donath (first Italian publisher)
|Media type||Paperback, Ebook|
|Preceded by||The Pirates of Malaysia|
|Followed by||The King of the Sea|
India, 1857. Just when Tremal-Naik's life was getting back to normal, the Thugs of the Kali cult return to exact their revenge by kidnapping his daughter Darma. Summoned by Kammamuri, Sandokan and Yanez immediately set sail for India to help their loyal friend. But the evil sect knows of their arrival and thwarts them at every turn. Have our heroes finally met their match? It's the Tiger of Malaysia versus the Tiger of India in a fight to the death!
- The action takes place against the backdrop of the Great Mutiny, the Indian Rebellion of 1857.
- Many of the events described in the novel actually occurred.
Novels in the Sandokan Series:
- The Mystery of the Black Jungle
- The Tigers of Mompracem
- The Pirates of Malaysia
- The King of the Sea
- Quest for a Throne
Novels in The Black Corsair series
- Read the first three chapters
- Read a Sandokan Biography
- Read a review of the Sandokan series at SFSite.com.
- Insurgent Sepoys: Europe Views the Revolt of 1857
- Italy’s enduring love affair with Emilio Salgari, The Economist, June 2017
|This article about a 1900s novel is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See guidelines for writing about novels. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.