The Tyra Banks Show
|The Tyra Banks Show|
|Created by||Tyra Banks|
|Presented by||Tyra Banks|
|Opening theme||"I'm Coming Out" (Remix) by Diana Ross (2009–2010)
"All That I Got (The Make Up Song) [Remix]" by Fergie
"Just for Today" by India.Arie (2005–2007)
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||5|
|No. of episodes||810|
|Executive producer(s)||Tyra Banks
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Handprint Entertainment
|Distributor||Warner Bros. Television Distribution|
|Original network||Syndication (2005–2009)
The CW (2009–2010)
|Original release||September 12, 2005– May 28, 2010|
While Banks's show covered a variety of topics, there was a sensationalized focus on current issues facing women, with often special episodes on America's Next Top Model, which Banks herself had also created and which she still hosts. In its later seasons, it took on a tabloid format similar to shows such as Maury and The Montel Williams Show, covering topics such as people with odd psychological problems, among other subjects.
In Summer 2007, the show moved to New York City, where it was taped in the Chelsea Studios formerly occupied by Ricki Lake's program, being recorded in front of a live-to-tape audience at Chelsea Studios and Bankable Productions in New York City. The final five all-new episodes from Los Angeles were aired the week of September 3, 2007 and followed by the 3rd season premiere on following week, September 10, 2007 in New York City.
On December 19, 2007, the show was renewed an additional two seasons in syndication, 2008–2009 and 2009–2010. The fourth season began on September 8, 2008. However, in November 2008, Warner Bros. announced the program would move to The CW network's daytime block in September 2009, with both an archive episode and a first-run episode airing daily. As The CW was already airing ANTM, network officials saw the move as a "strategic alignment of interests for The CW's stations", as both shows thus aired on the same channel nationwide.
2009–2010: The CW and cancellation
On December 28, 2009, it was announced that Season 5 would be the show's final season. The last episode aired on Friday, May 28, 2010. The finale featured many special guest stars which include Mike Epps, Cheryl Tiegs, Miley Cyrus, LL Cool J, Rihanna, Michael Rapaport, and Robbi Morgan.
During the 2010–2011 television season, repeats aired on weekdays at 3:00–4:00pm on The CW affiliates until September 16, 2011.
Awards and nominations
- Tyra's New Theme
- "Tyra Banks Show" Confirms Move to New York, TV Week, June 6, 2007
- Paige Albiniak, Exclusive: Tyra Banks' Talk Show Shifting From Syndication To CW, Broadcasting & Cable, November 21, 2008.
- Tyra Banks Strips Down to Promote New Season, Reuters.com, August 17, 2009
- Tyra Banks Says Goodbye to Talk Show, People.com, December 28, 2009
- 35th Annual Daytime Entertainment Emmy Awards Presented at Star-Studded Gala on ABC. National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. June 20, 2008. Retrieved September 19, 2008.
- "21st Annual GLAAD Media Awards - English Language Nominees". Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation. 2010. Retrieved February 21, 2010.