||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for products and services. (August 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Original author(s)||Dag Ågren|
3.11.1 / May 20, 2016
|Operating system||OS X, Linux using GNUstep libraries, and command line only on Microsoft Windows, Linux, OS X|
|Available in||English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean|
|License||LGPL (free software)|
The Unarchiver is a free data decompression utility, which supports more formats than Archive Utility (formerly known as BOMArchiveHelper), the built-in archive unpacker program in OS X. It can also handle filenames in foreign character sets, created with non-English versions of other operating systems. The latest version requires Mac OS X v10.3.9 or higher. The Unarchiver does not compress files. The corresponding command line utilities
lsar run on Microsoft Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X.
- 7z (.7z)
- StuffIt (.sit, .sitx)
- Compact Pro (.cpt)
- DiskDoubler (.dd)
- BinHex (.hqx)
- MacBinary (.bin)
- Gzip (.gz)
- Bzip2 (.bz2, .tar.bz2, .tbz2, .tb2)
- ALZip (.alz)
- GNU Tar (.gtar)
- Unix Compress (.Z)
- Unix Compress Tar (.taz, .tar-z)
- Comic book archive (.cbz, .cbr)
- Self-Extracting Archive (.sea, if the format itself is supported)
- Windows Self-Extracting (.exe)
- Pax (.pax)
- HA (.ha)
- Amiga Disk File
- Amiga DMS Disk Archive (.dms)
- Amiga LhF (.f)
- Amiga LZX (.lzx)
- Amiga DCS Disk Archive (.dcs)
- Amiga PackDev Disk Archive (.pkd)
- Amiga xMash Disk Archive (.xms)
- Amiga Zoom Disk Archive (.zom)
- Popescu, George. "The Unarchiver – A Better Way to Decompress Archives". Softpedia. Retrieved 15 September 2016.
- Seff, Jon. "Mac Gems: The Unarchiver is a free, robust file-extraction utility". Macworld. Retrieved 15 September 2016.
- Fenton, William. "The Unarchiver (for Mac)". PC Magazine. Retrieved 15 September 2016.
- "Command line tools". The Unarchiver. Retrieved 11 February 2016.
- "Supported popular formats". The Unarchiver. Retrieved 15 September 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to The Unarchiver.|
|This Classic Mac OS and/or macOS software–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|