|Original author(s)||Dag Ågren|
4.0.0 / June 14, 2018
|Operating system||macOS, Linux using GNUstep libraries, and command line only on Microsoft Windows, Linux, macOS|
|Available in||English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Latvian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish|
|License||LGPL (free software)|
The Unarchiver is a free data decompression utility, which supports more formats than Archive Utility (formerly known as BOMArchiveHelper), the built-in archive unpacker program in macOS. It can also handle filenames in foreign character sets, created with non-English versions of other operating systems. The latest version requires Mac OS X Lion or higher. The Unarchiver does not compress files.
- "MacPaw acquires The Unarchiver Mac app, will keep it updated & free". 9to5Mac. 27 July 2017.
- Popescu, George. "The Unarchiver – A Better Way to Decompress Archives". Softpedia. Retrieved 15 September 2016.
- Seff, Jon. "Mac Gems: The Unarchiver is a free, robust file-extraction utility". Macworld. Retrieved 15 September 2016.
- Fenton, William. "The Unarchiver (for Mac)". PC Magazine. Retrieved 15 September 2016.
- "Command line tools". The Unarchiver. Retrieved 11 February 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to The Unarchiver.|
- The Unarchiver's Website
- Circlesoft Website
- Version for Mac OS X 10.6.8 and earlier
- Source Code
- Old Source Repository (archived)
- Older Source Repository
|This Classic Mac OS and/or macOS software–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|