|Original author(s)||Dag Ågren|
4.1.0 / February 8, 2019
|Repository||Former repository at bitbucket|
|Operating system||macOS, Linux using GNUstep libraries, and command line only on Microsoft Windows, Linux, macOS|
|Available in||English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Latvian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish|
|License||Proprietary since acquisition|
The Unarchiver is a proprietary freeware data decompression utility, which supports more formats than Archive Utility (formerly known as BOMArchiveHelper), the built-in archive unpacker program in macOS. It can also handle filenames in various character encodings, created using operating system versions that use those character encodings. The latest version requires Mac OS X Lion or higher. The Unarchiver does not compress files.
- "MacPaw acquires The Unarchiver Mac app, will keep it updated & free". 9to5Mac. 27 July 2017.
- "End User License Agreement (EULA) for MacPaw Products. Disclaimer and Limitations". MacPaw.com. Retrieved 2019-01-04.
- Popescu, George. "The Unarchiver – A Better Way to Decompress Archives". Softpedia. Retrieved 15 September 2016.
- Seff, Jon. "Mac Gems: The Unarchiver is a free, robust file-extraction utility". Macworld. Retrieved 15 September 2016.
- Fenton, William. "The Unarchiver (for Mac)". PC Magazine. Retrieved 15 September 2016.
- "Command line tools". The Unarchiver. Retrieved 2 March 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to The Unarchiver.|
- The Unarchiver's Website
- Circlesoft Website
- Version for Mac OS X 10.6.8 and earlier
- Old Source Code as ZIP
- Old Source Repository
- Older Source Repository
|This Classic Mac OS and/or macOS software–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|