The Uncanny Counter
|The Uncanny Counter|
|Revised Romanization||Gyeong-iroun somun|
|Literally||Amazing So Mun or Amazing Rumor[a]|
|Based on||Amazing Rumor|
by Jang Yi
|Developed by||Studio Dragon|
|Directed by||Yoo Seon-dong|
|Country of origin||South Korea|
|No. of episodes||16 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||70 minutes|
|Production company||Neo Entertainment|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital|
|Original release||November 28, 2020 –|
The Uncanny Counter (Korean: 경이로운 소문; RR: Gyeong-iroun somun; lit. Amazing So Mun or Amazing Rumor)[a] is a South Korean television series starring Jo Byung-gyu, Yoo Jun-sang, Kim Se-jeong and Yeom Hye-ran. Based on the Daum webtoon Amazing Rumor by Jang Yi, it centers on the titular character So Mun, a crippled high school boy who is enlisted to be part of the Counters, a group of demon-hunters who search for and fight against evil spirits that escape from the afterlife to prey on humans.
The series premiered on OCN on November 28, 2020 and airs on every Saturday and Sunday at 22.30 (KST). It is also available for streaming in selected countries on Netflix. It is currently the highest rated OCN series.
In the fictional city of Jungjin, a group of four demon-hunters called the Counters bear the arduous task of searching for and banishing evil spirits (akgwi)[b] that escape from the afterlife to gain immortality. These evil spirits possess local human hosts who have committed murder or have a strong desire to murder, encourage their host's desire to kill, and consumes the spirit of the victim. The Counters were once under coma when a partner spirit from Yung, the boundary between the afterlife and the world of the living, possess them and give them perfectly healthy bodies and consciousness along with superhuman strength and supernatural abilities. Three of the Counters—Ga Mo-tak (Yoo Jun-sang), Do Ha-na (Kim Se-jeong) and Choo Mae-ok (Yeom Hye-ran)—pose as workers in Eonni's Noodles, a noodle restaurant which serves as their hideout.
One day, the fourth Counter Jang Cheol-joong (Sung Ji-ru) is killed in a battle against a strong "Level 3"[c] evil spirit. As his spirit gets consumed by his killer, his Yung partner Wi-gen (Moon Sook) struggles to find a new comatose human to possess. Uncannily, she is quickly drawn towards high school boy So Mun (Jo Byung-gyu) who, despite being crippled, is nevertheless perfectly healthy and alive. As soon as Wi-gen possessed him, the unknowing Mun starts noticing bizarre changes to his body and starts seeing Wi-gen in his dreams. Soon, Mun finds the answers in Eonni's Noodles, and as he becomes the replacement to the late Cheol-joong, he finds himself in a thrilling journey of battling against bloodthirsty demons, reconnecting to his past, and uncovering the ugly truth behind a major redevelopment project in Jungjin.
- The youngest and newest member of the Counters; part-time server at Eonni's Noodles. Mun is a physically crippled high school student who lost his parents seven years ago in a car accident which left him disabled. He has strong talent in drawing and is making a superhero webtoon alongside his best friends Woong-min and Joo-yeon. He also has a meek appearance, but behind this is a strong sense of justice, responsibility and being protective of his friends. After being possessed by the Yung spirit Wi-gen, he becomes a Counter and replaces Wi-gen's former human host Cheol-joong who was murdered by an evil spirit. As a Counter, he possesses superhuman speed, short-range psychometry and the ability to sense evil spirits that enter Yung's "Territory"[d] (but in a range minor to that of Ha-na's). He later acquires psychokinesis and the ability to touch and summon the Territory at will.
- Yoo Jun-sang as Ga Mo-tak
- A member of the Counters; a former police officer and assistant cook at Eonni's Noodles. Mo-tak is notable for his gruff appearance but he is also a joker once in a while. He was in coma after falling from a tall building in a bloody fight against a mob of gangsters seven years ago. The fall caused him to lose his memories. He becomes a Counter upon being possessed by his Yung partner Gi-ran. At first, he is reluctant to accept Mun because of his apparent weakness but he later helps nurture Mun so the latter can be a good Counter. As a Counter, he possesses superhuman strength and short-range psychometry.
- Kim Se-jeong as Do Ha-na
- A member of the Counters and a server at Eonni's Noodles. Ha-na has a standoffish personality and hates it when someone touches her. She went into coma after being poisoned with her younger sister who eventually perished. She became a Counter upon being possessed by her Yung partner Woo-sik. As a Counter, she has the ability to sense evil spirits that enter the Territory even from hundreds of kilometers away. She also possesses psychometric powers superior to those of her fellow Counters which allows her to read memories even from years ago and enter these memories as if in a physical world.
- Yeom Hye-ran as Choo Mae-ok
- A member of the Counters and the chef of Eonni's Noodles. Mae-ok used to run a photography studio for a living. She became a Counter upon being possessed by her Yung partner and deceased son Su-ho. As a Counter, she possesses healing powers and serves as an adviser to the Counters and a mother figure to Mun. She exudes a caring and positive personality in contrast to Mo-tak and Ha-na.
- Mun Sook as Wi-gen
- Mun's Yung partner. Wi-gen is the leader of the Yung, the boundary between the afterlife and the world of the living. She is amazed by the fact that she was able to possess Mun despite the latter not being comatose.
- Kim So-ra as Kim Gi-ran
- Mo-tak's Yung partner. Gi-ran is an upright spirit who is greatly angered by Mo-tak and his fellow Counters' occasional rule-breaking.
- Eun Ye-jun as Woo-sik
- Ha-na's Yung partner. Woo-sik appears to be a young boy but he is mature in his mindset and personality.
- Lee Chan-hyung as Kwon Su-ho
- Mae-ok's Yung partner and her biological son. Su-ho is in charge of keeping Yung's record of deaths.
- Woo Mi-hwa as The Prosecutor
Humans possessed by evil spirits
- Lee Hong-nae as Ji Chung-sin
- A human possessed by a Level 3 evil spirit (akgwi).[b][c] Chung-sin works in a junkyard and is frequently hired as a hitman by Mayor Shin. He killed the late Cheol-joong in a fierce battle. He is also revealed to be the murderer of Mun's parents. He possesses the power of psychokinesis and is able to speak in two voices (his own and the evil spirit's). He later acquires the ability to perceive the Territory.[d]
- Ok Ja-yeon as Baek Hyang-hee
- A human possessed by a Level 3 evil spirit. Hyang-hee is inclined to marrying rich men in order to murder them and steal their money. She has the power of psychometry and is able to communicate with the possessing evil spirit.
Mun's high school
- Kim Eun-soo as Kim Woong-min
- Mun's schoolmate and childhood best friend. Without Mun's knowing, Woong-min is constantly being bullied by Hyuk-woo and his henchmen. His suffering is later discovered by Mun, who uses his newfound Counter powers to humiliate Hyuk-woo
- Lee Ji-won as Im Joo-yeon
- Mun's schoolmate and childhood best friend. Joo-yeon kept the truth from Mun that Woong-min is being bullied by Hyuk-woo.
- Jung Won-chang as Shin Hyuk-woo
- Son of Jungjin Mayor Shin Myung-hwi; Mun's schoolmate. Due to him being the mayor's son, Hyuk-woo is getting special treatment from the teachers who are lenient to his acts of bullying against his schoolmates, especially Woong-min. However, as revealed by Ha-na, he has strained relationship with his family. He is later humiliated by Mun in a fist fight in front of their schoolmates, leaving him with a strong grudge against Mun.
- Kim Min-ho as Baek Jun-kyu
- Mun's older and bigger schoolmate and the leader of a gang of bullies who collects money from younger bullies except Hyuk-woo with whom he is nicer with. Jun-kyu also has a strong grudge against Mun after being publicly humiliated in a fight with him.
People of Jungjin
- Ahn Suk-hwan as Choi Jang-mul
- The first and leader of the Counters in Korea; owner of Jangmul Retail. Jang-mul is one of the richest chaebol in South Korea. He manages the Counters' expenses and supports them in matters that need his influence.
- Yoon Joo-sang as Ha Seok-gu
- Mun's maternal grandfather.
- Lee Joo-sil as Jang Chun-ok
- Mun's maternal grandmother. Chun-ok suffers from dementia and does not recognize Mun most of the time.
- A police detective at Jungjin Police Station; Mo-tak former girlfriend. Jeong-yeong is an upright detective who is always overpowered by her corrupt fellow police officers. She was in charge of the case of the death of Mun's parents.
- Lee Kyung-min as Kang Han-wool
- A police detective at Jungjin Police Station; Jeong-yeong's junior and partner.
- Son Kang-gook as Choi Soo-ryong
- The police chief of Jungjin Police Station.
- Choi Kwang-il as Shin Myung-hwi
- Mayor of Jungjin City; father of Hyuk-woo. Mayor Shin is in charge of a major redevelopment project in Jungjin which worries many residents.
- Jeon Jin-oh as Noh Chang-kyu
- A gangster who led the mob that cornered Mo-tak seven years ago; Hang-kyu's younger brother.
- Kim Seung-hoon as Noh Hang-kyu
- Director of Taeshin Group; Chang-kyu's older brother.
- Lee Do-yeob as Cho Tae-shin
- CEO of Taeshin Group
- Kim Jung-jin as Jang Hye-kyung
- Secretary of Mayor Shin
- Kim Yi-kyung as Kim Yeong-nim
- A young woman who went missing after volunteering in Shin Myung-hwi's electoral camp seven years ago.
- Jeon Seok-ho as So Gwon
- Mun's father and a policeman who is an acquaintance of Mo-tak (Eps. 1-2, 11).
- Son Yeo-eun as Ha Mun-young
- Sung Ji-ru as Jang Cheol-joong
- A late member of the Counters. Cheol-joong was the strongest Counter among the former quartet. He was killed by Chung-sin in a fierce one-on-one battle (Ep. 1).
- Lee Sun-bin as Heo Hee-young
- A coffee shop owner whose parents were killed by a Level 2 evil spirit (Eps. 1, 3)
- Son Ho-jun as Oh Jung-gu
- A Counter full of rock spirit. He has healing powers, similar to Mae-ok, and is dispatched to help other Counters. (Ep. 15)
- Im Ji-kyu as Dong-pal
- The former Yung partner of Jang-mul. (Ep. 15)
In July 2020, the cast members of the TV series were finalized.  Kim Se-jeong is another singer turned actor to take an unusual role of esper, acting as the team's radar. The script reading session was held in October 2020. The first look was released on October 19, 2020, giving sneak peek into characters.
|The Uncanny Counter OST|
|Soundtrack album by |
|1.||"Close Your Eyes"||Hen||Isaac Hong||3:04|
|2.||"Close Your Eyes" (Inst.)||Hen||3:04|
|1.||"Meet Again" (재회 (再會))||Sejeong||Sejeong (Gugudan)||4:34|
|2.||"Meet Again" (Inst.)||4:34|
|1.||"No Problem" (괜찮아)||Jayins||Jayins||Dvwn||3:31|
|2.||"No Problem" (Inst.)||Jayins||3:31|
|No.||Title||Directed by||Written by ||Original release date||South Korea viewers|
|1||"Episode 1"||Yoo Seon-dong||Yeo Ji-na||November 28, 2020||0.737|
|As a man possessed with a Level 3[c] evil spirit kill the Counter Cheol-joong in a fierce melee, Cheol-joong's afterlife partner Wi-gen leaves his body and searches for a new comatose human host. Mun is treating his friends to food on his birthday when he is suddenly struck with a burst of light which leaves uncanny changes in his body. He finds the answers to his questions in a noodle shop run by four strange people.|
|2||"Episode 2"||Yoo Seon-dong||Yeo Ji-na||November 29, 2020||1.208|
|Rescued by the Counters from the savage bullies led by Hyuk-woo, Mun wakes up to a stunning surprise from Mae-ok. After having a glimpse of his newfound powers, Mun joins the Counters in his first ever demon-hunting. Mun meets Wi-gen and accepts the role as Counter on one condition.|
|3||"Episode 3"||Yoo Seon-dong||Yeo Ji-na||December 5, 2020||1.446|
|Mun joins the Counters on his first official demon-hunting and experiences how to banish an evil spirit from its host. Woong-min and Joo-yeon starts to notice something is different about Mun who later confronts the bullies and puts them in humiliation. The amnesiac Mo-tak goes to the police station in an attempt to find answers about his forgotten past and the truth behind the death of Mun's parents.|
|4||"Episode 4"||Yoo Seon-dong||Yeo Ji-na||December 6, 2020||1.857|
|Taking revenge against Mun, the bullies gang up on Woong-min and Joo-yeon. Just as Wi-gen feared, Mun loses control and quickly overwhelms all of the bullies in a formidable frenzy of rage. As the Yung spirits consider punishing Mun, Mae-ok and the other Counters come to his defense. A surprise awaits Mo-tak as he reunites with his old cellphone.|
|5||"Episode 5"||Yoo Seon-dong||Yeo Ji-na||December 12, 2020||1.786|
|In a demon-hunt at a shopping mall, Mun attempts to fight a woman possessed with strong Level 3 demon. When Ha-na comes to his rescue, the demon reads into her tragic past just before Mo-tak arrives to knock the possessed woman out cold. Mo-tak partners up with police officer Jeong-yeong in finding evidences relevant to the last case he had before he lost his memories.|
|6||"Episode 6"||Yoo Seon-dong||Yeo Ji-na||December 13, 2020||2.352|
|Mo-tak's former tormentors—a group of gangsters—recognize him in a encounter and fearfully relate his apparent return to their boss. Mo-tak continues to uncover the past with Jeong-yeong, who is also investigating a recent brutal murder. Mun feels betrayed when he discovers the Counters already knew the truth of his parents' death. Ha-na helps Mun to look into his traumatic past.|
|7||"Episode 7"||Yoo Seon-dong||Yeo Ji-na||December 19, 2020||2.343|
|While travelling with Ha-na into his tragic past, Mun comes face-to-face with the powerful Level 3 demon that murdered his parents. Recalling the dangerous encounter, Mun uncovers where the demon's host might be hiding. Mo-tak's tormentors swarm at Eonni's Noodles in an attempt to get rid of him.|
|8||"Episode 8"||Yoo Seon-dong||Yeo Ji-na||December 20, 2020||2.666|
|The Counters survive an attempt by the gangsters to eliminate them. Ha-na's role as a Counter is put to the test as she fights against an evil spirit possessing his abusive uncle. Jungjin's police launch a hunt for the culprit behind the successive brutal murders in the city. As the Counters search for a reservoir linked to a case Mun's late father had worked on, they make an appalling discovery.|
|9||"Episode 9"||Yoo Seon-dong||Yeo Ji-na||January 2, 2021||2.701|
|After nearly perishing in a one-on-one battle against Chung-sin, Mun practices how to summon Yung's Territory[d] at will. The Counters gatecrash Mayor Shin's groundbreaking event in an attempt to expose his and his accomplices' crimes. Unbeknownst to the quartet, their partner spirits in Yung face interrogation for the Counter's frequent rule-breaking.|
|10||"Episode 10"||Yoo Seon-dong||Yeo Ji-na||January 3, 2021||2.793|
|Upon Wi-gen's proposal, the afterlife's council of investigators orders Mun's dismissal from his role as a Counter. Mun consequently loses all his powers, and the devastated Counters let Jang-mul do the task of erasing all of Mun's Counter memories. Mun and the remaining Counters face heightened threats as city officials fake Chung-sin's death and Mayor Shin declares his presidential candidacy.|
|11||"Episode 11"||Yoo Seon-dong||Yeo Ji-na||January 9, 2021||2.816|
|Mun and the Counters are in grave danger as a group of demon-possessed humans, recruited and led by Chung-sin, kidnaps Mun to lure the Counters. A soul that managed to escape from an evil spirit suddenly gives Mun a capability to contact the Yung. Ha-na helps Mo-tak restore his lost memories from seven years ago.|
|12||"Episode 12"||Yoo Seon-dong||Yeo Ji-na||January 10, 2021||3.216|
|Jeong-yeong is murdered just before she could meet up with Mo-tak. As Mun tries to comfort him, Mo-tak reveals to him that Jeong-yeong's killer is one of her fellow police officers who have been with the force for over 20 years. After gaining Yung's permission, the Counters decide to close the noodle shop and fight against Mayor Shin, his accomplices and Chung-sin.|
|13||"Episode 13"||Yoo Seon-dong||Yoo Seon-dong||January 16, 2021||2.974|
|Chung-sin's parasitic evil spirit upgrades to Level 4, the highest rank possible for evil spirits. The four Yung spirits demonstrate to the Counters a method they could use in defeating Chung-sin, but it has a catch: unless they are always inside the Territory, the Counters will lose their powers while using it. While Mun struggles with practicing his Territory summoning ability, Mo-tak and Han-wool apprehend the culprit behind Jeong-yeong's death.|
|14||"Episode 14"||Yoo Seon-dong||Kim Sae-bom||January 17, 2021||2.981|
|The Level 4 evil spirit compels Chung-sin to kill himself and escapes from his dead body. Despite being deprived of the chance to meet his parents' souls, Mun claims he still can feel his parents' presence in the human realm and refuses to give up. Using the Territory, Mun scours Jungjin for the powerful evil spirit which has found a new host in Mayor Shin.|
|15||"Episode 15"||Yoo Seon-dong||Kim Sae-bom||January 23, 2021|
|16||"Episode 16"||Yoo Seon-dong||Kim Sae-bom||January 24, 2021|
The first episode of the series logged an average viewership ratings of 2.7% nationwide and 3.2% in metropolitan area, peaking to an high of 4.1%. The second episode logged ratings of 4.35%, witnessing an unusual increase in average nationwide viewership compared to the ratings of the first episode. The audience rating for the 3rd episode was 5.2% nationwide. It rose 0.8% points from the ratings of last two episodes. The 12th episode recorded a rating of 10.6% for nationwide audience, which is the highest so far for the series.
|Ep.||Original broadcast date||Average audience share|
|1||November 28, 2020||2.702% (5th)||3.167% (5th)|
|2||November 29, 2020||4.350% (3rd)||4.145% (3rd)|
|3||December 5, 2020||5.329% (1st)||5.789% (1st)|
|4||December 6, 2020||6.724% (1st)||6.370% (1st)|
|5||December 12, 2020||6.060% (2nd)||6.695% (2nd)|
|6||December 13, 2020||7.654% (2nd)||7.364% (2nd)|
|7||December 19, 2020||7.721% (2nd)||7.602% (2nd)|
|8||December 20, 2020||9.302% (2nd)||8.963%(2nd)|
|9||January 2, 2021||8.386% (2nd)||8.289% (2nd)|
|10||January 3, 2021||9.093% (2nd)||9.188% (2nd)|
|11||January 9, 2021||8.677% (2nd)||7.764% (2nd)|
|12||January 10, 2021||10.581% (2nd)||10.203% (2nd)|
|13||January 16, 2021||9.372% (2nd)||9.476% (2nd)|
|14||January 17, 2021||9.926% (2nd)||9.870% (2nd)|
|15||January 23, 2021|
|16||January 24, 2021|
- The word 소문 somun (pronounced [ˈsʰo̞ːmun]) in the native title of the series refers to the main protagonist So Mun (played by Jo Byung-gyu); along with 경이로운 gyeong-iroun [kjʌ̹ŋiɾo̞un] (conjugated form of 경이롭다 gyeong-iropda [kjʌ̹ŋiɾo̞p̚t͈a̠] "amazing"/"marvelous"), the series' title roughly translates to Amazing So Mun. The name So Mun means "rumor" when taken literally, so the title can also be translated as Amazing Rumor. In the name So Mun, "So" is the surname and "Mun" is the given name.
- Korean: 악귀; Hanja: 惡鬼; RR: akgwi; pronounced as [a̠k̚k͈ɥi] ~ [a̠k̚k͈y]
literally "evil spirit" or "demon"
- In Jang Yi's Amazing Rumor universe, an akgwi can be classfied into one of four "levels" (단계 dan-gye; literally "stage of progress"; pronounced as [ta̠nɡje̞] ~ [ta̠nɡe̞]) of increasing severity. Level 1 (1단계 ildan-gye) means the akgwi has possessed a human host only recently and is relatively easier to capture and banish. Level 2 (2단계 idan-gye) means the akgwi has committed at least one murder and is gaining more strength. Level 3 (3단계 samdan-gye) means the akgwi has become more powerful and has gained supernatural abilities, such as communicating with its host (who will now be able to speak into two voices), psychokinesis and psychometry. Level 4 (4단계 sadan-gye) means the akgwi and the host has become one, gains an additional ability and is near-invincible.
- In Jang Yi's Amazing Rumor universe, the Territory (땅 [t͈a̠ŋ]) is an energy field that amplifies the Counters' strength and superpowers. Generated by the Yung through the merging of the energies of the human and divine realms, the Territory appears sporadically in random places and lasts for varying lengths of time. To the Counters, it appears like multiple iridescent pillars of energy that shoot from the ground up to the sky. To a human possessed by a powerful evil spirit, it appears like smoke or fog.
- "요즘 입'소문'난 화제작 경이로운 소문 비하인드 리뷰_[OCN House]_#The Uncanny Counter_Review". YouTube (in Korean). OCN. December 10, 2020. Retrieved December 22, 2020.
- "경이롭다 (驚異―)". Naver Korean-English Dictionary. Retrieved December 22, 2020.
- "소문 (所聞)". Naver Korean-English Dictionary. Retrieved December 22, 2020.
- "NETFLIX BRINGS A VARIETY OF ENTERTAINMENT WITH 7 NEW KOREAN FILMS AND SERIES". Netflix Media Center. Netflix, Inc. Retrieved November 24, 2020.
- "Jo Byeong-gyu, Yu Jun-sang, Kim Sejeong, Yum Hye-ran, Ahn Suk-hwan to star in "Wonderful Rumors"". HanCinema. July 15, 2020. Retrieved October 13, 2020.
- Conran, Pierce (December 11, 2020). "Netflix series The Uncanny Counter: K-drama enters new territory with colourful demon-fighting saga". South China Morning Post. Retrieved December 21, 2020.
- "[New Drama] "The Uncanny Counter"". HanCinema. July 4, 2020.
- Robinson, Jacob (November 4, 2020). "Netflix K-Drama 'The Uncanny Counter' Season 1: Episode Release Schedule, Plot, Cast & Trailer". WON. Retrieved November 16, 2020.
- Dong, Sun-hwa (December 13, 2020). "Popularity of 'The Uncanny Counter' rising steadily". The Korea Times. Retrieved December 14, 2020.
- Lee, Min-ji (December 14, 2020). "'경이로운 소문' 7.654%, OCN 역대 최고 시청률 경신" ['Amazing Rumors' 7.654%, OCN's Record Highest Ratings]. Newsen (in Korean). Naver. Retrieved December 14, 2020.
- Jinseok Kim (June 11, 2020). "[단독]조병규, '경이로운 소문'으로 데뷔 후 첫 주인공" [[Exclusive] Cho Byeong-gyu, the first protagonist after debut with'wonderful rumors']. Daily Sports.
- "문숙, '경이로운 소문' 수수께끼의 여인 된다…조병규와 운명 공동체" [Mun-sook becomes a mysterious woman of 'wonderful rumors'... Byungkyu Cho and the community of fate]. Hankookilbo. August 4, 2020.
- Kim Na-kyung (July 30, 2020). "이찬형, '경이로운 소문' 캐스팅...조병규-김세정과 호흡" [Lee Chan-hyung casts'wonderful rumors'...Jo Byeong-gyu and Kim Se-jeong and breath]. Hankyung.
- Yang So-young (October 8, 2020). "옥자연, `경이로운 소문` 출연 확정" [Ok Ja-yeon confirmed to appear in'Amazing Rumor']. Daily Economy Star Today.
- "[단독] '스카이캐슬' 이지원, '만찢 비주얼'된다..'경이로운 소문' 캐스팅(종합)" [[Exclusive]'Sky Castle' Lee Ji-won, becomes'Treat Visual'..'Wonderful Rumor' Casting (Total)]. The Korea Daily. August 3, 2020.
- "Choi Yoon-young in OCN "The Uncanny Counter"". HanCinema. Retrieved October 22, 2020.
- "김정진, '경이로운 소문' 캐스팅(공식)". 마켓뉴스. September 1, 2020.
- "[공식] 손여은, OCN '경이로운 소문' 특별출연 "드라마 첫 포문 연다"". www.chosun.com.
- "손여은 '경이로운 소문' 특별출연". 톱데일리. August 26, 2020.
- Shin So-won (December 5, 2020). "'경이로운 소문' 이선빈, 3회 재등장…의문점 해결할까" ['The Uncanny Counter' Lee Sun-bin, reappeared in episode 3... Should the question be solved?]. tenasia.hankyung (in Korean). Retrieved December 11, 2020.
- Lee, Hyun-joo (January 18, 2021). "'경이로운 소문' 손호준, 새 카운터 깜짝 등장?" ["The Uncanny Counter" Son Ho-jun, a new counter appears in surprise?]. NEWSIS.
- Lee, Hyun-joo (January 22, 2021). "임지규, '경이로운 소문' 특별출연…새로운 융인" [Im Ji-kyu, surprise appearance on "The Uncanny Counter... new Yung person]. NEWSIS.
- Kim, Jin-seok (July 2, 2020). "[단독]유준상·염혜란·조병규·김세정… '경이로운 소문' 주연" [[Exclusive] Yoo Jun-sang, Yeom Hye-ran, Cho Byeong-gyu, Kim Se-jeong... Leading'Wonderful Rumor']. Isplus Daily Sports.
- "조병규·유준상·김세정·염혜란·안석환, '경이로운 소문' 출연 확정 [공식]" [Cho Byeong-gyu, Yoo Jun-sang, Kim Se-jeong, Yeom Hye-ran, Ahn Seok-hwan, confirmed to appear in'Amazing Rumors' [Official]]. TV Daily. July 15, 2020.
- Schwartz, William (November 15, 2020). "[HanCinema's News] Kim Sejeong the Latest Singer to Take on An Unusual Acting Project in "The Uncanny Counter"". HanCinema.
- "The Uncanny Counter (경이로운 소문) - Drama - Picture Gallery". HanCinema.
- Choi, Ji-eun (October 14, 2020). "경이로운 소문' 조병규X유준상X김세정X염혜란, 대본리딩 공개" [Wonderful rumors' Cho Byeong-gyu X Yoo Jun-sang X Kim Se-jeong X Yeom Hye-ran, script reading released]. Top Daily.
- Kim, Hanna (October 19, 2020). "'경이로운 소문' 조병규→김세정, 악귀 사냥꾼 작전 개시 '포스 작렬'" ['Amazing rumors' Cho Byeong-gyu → Kim Se-jeong, demon hunters start operation'Force Explosion']. 한국일보.
- "경이로운 소문 OST Part 1" [The Uncanny Counter OST Part 1]. Melon. Retrieved December 7, 2020.
- "경이로운 소문 OST Part 1" [The Uncanny Counter OST Part 2]. Melon. Retrieved December 20, 2020.
- "경이로운 소문 OST Part 3" [The Uncanny Counter OST Part 3]. Melon. Retrieved January 18, 2021.
- Lee, Gyu-lee (January 18, 2021). "'The Uncanny Counter' writer leaves show despite soaring ratings". The Korea Times. Retrieved January 18, 2021.
- "Cable Daily - Top 10 List for TV Programs (November 28, 2020)". AGB Nielsen Media Research (in Korean). Retrieved December 6, 2020.
- "Cable Daily - Top 10 List for TV Programs (November 29, 2020)". AGB Nielsen Media Research (in Korean). Retrieved December 6, 2020.
- "Cable Daily - Top 10 List for TV Programs (December 5, 2020)". AGB Nielsen Media Research (in Korean). Retrieved December 6, 2020.
- "Cable Daily - Top 10 List for TV Programs (December 6, 2020)". AGB Nielsen Media Research (in Korean). Retrieved December 8, 2020.
- "Cable Daily -TOP 10 LIST FOR TV PROGRAMS (Nielsen Korea)". AGB Nielsen Media Research (in Korean). Retrieved December 13, 2020.
- "Cable Daily -TOP 10 LIST FOR TV PROGRAMS (Nielsen Korea)". AGB Nielsen Media Research (in Korean). Retrieved December 14, 2020.
- "Cable Daily -TOP 10 LIST FOR TV PROGRAMS (Nielsen Korea)". AGB Nielsen Media Research (in Korean). Retrieved December 20, 2020.
- "Cable Daily -TOP 10 LIST FOR TV PROGRAMS (Nielsen Korea)". AGB Nielsen Media Research (in Korean). Retrieved December 21, 2020.
- "Cable Daily -TOP 10 LIST FOR TV PROGRAMS (Nielsen Korea)". AGB Nielsen Media Research (in Korean). Retrieved January 3, 2021.
- "Cable Daily -TOP 10 LIST FOR TV PROGRAMS (Nielsen Korea)". AGB Nielsen Media Research (in Korean). Retrieved January 4, 2021.
- "Cable Daily -TOP 10 LIST FOR TV PROGRAMS (Nielsen Korea)". AGB Nielsen Media Research (in Korean). Retrieved January 10, 2021.
- "Cable Daily -TOP 10 LIST FOR TV PROGRAMS (Nielsen Korea)". AGB Nielsen Media Research (in Korean). Retrieved January 11, 2021.
- "Cable Daily -TOP 10 LIST FOR TV PROGRAMS (Nielsen Korea)". AGB Nielsen Media Research (in Korean). Retrieved January 17, 2021.
- "Cable Daily -TOP 10 LIST FOR TV PROGRAMS (Nielsen Korea)". AGB Nielsen Media Research (in Korean). Retrieved January 18, 2021.
- Kim, Bo-ra (November 29, 2020). "'경이로운 소문' 조병규→김세정, 웹툰 200% 살린 시너지..최고 4.1%[공식]" ['Amazing rumors' Cho Byeong-gyu → Kim Se-jung, synergy that saved 200% of webtoons.. Highest 4.1% [Official]]. Chosun (in Korean). Retrieved November 29, 2020.
- Park, Dong-je (November 29, 2020). "조병규X유준상X김세정X염혜란 '경이로운 소문', 1회 최고 시청률 4.1%" [Cho Byeong-gyu X Yoo Jun-sang X Kim Se-jeong X Yeom Hye-ran'A Wonderful Rumor', the highest rating of 4.1%]. Break News (in Korean). Retrieved November 29, 2020.
- Lee, Min-ji (November 30, 2020). "'경이로운 소문' 심상치 않은 시청률 상승, 2회만 4.35%" [Wonderful rumors' unusual increase in viewership, 4.35% for only two episodes]. Newsen (in Korean). Retrieved November 30, 2020.
- Lee, Jae-hoon (December 6, 2020). "'경이로운 소문' 심상치 않은 시청률 상승, 2회만 4.35%" ['Wonderful rumors', rising... Over 5% viewer rating]. Newsis (in Korean). Naver. Retrieved December 6, 2020.
- Lee, Min-ji (January 11, 2021). "'경이로운 소문' 시청률 10% 벽도 깼다, OCN 신기록 경신ing" [Breaking the 10% wall for'wonderful rumors', breaking new OCN records]. Newsen (in Korean). Naver. Retrieved January 11, 2021.
- "Cable Daily -TOP 10 LIST FOR TV PROGRAMS (Nielsen Korea)". AGB Nielsen Media Research (in Korean). Retrieved January 18, 2021.
- "경이로운 소문:시청률" [Phenomenal rumors: ratings]. Naver. Retrieved January 18, 2021.