The Understanding Heart
|The Understanding Heart|
|Directed by||Jack Conway|
|Written by||Joseph Farnham (titles)|
|Screenplay by||Edward T. Lowe, Jr.|
|Based on||The Understanding Heart
by Peter B. Kyne
Francis X. Bushman, Jr.
|Edited by||John English|
The Understanding Heart is a 1927 American silent adventure drama film directed by Jack Conway and stars Joan Crawford in an early leading role. The film was adapted for the screen by Edward T. Lowe, Jr. from the novel of the same name by Peter B. Kyne.
Forest ranger Bob Mason (Fellowes) kills a man in self-defense. Kelcey Dale (Carmel Myers), to whom Bob is attracted, commits perjury and causes him to be convicted for murder. Bob escapes and is sheltered by Kelcey's sister, Monica Dale (Crawford).
- Joan Crawford - Monica Dale
- Rockliffe Fellowes - Bob Mason
- Ralph Bushman - Tony Garland
- Carmel Myers - Kelcey Dale
- Richard Carle - Sheriff Bentley
- Jerry Miley - Bardwell
- Harvey Clark - Uncle Charlie
- Quirk, Lawrence J. (1970). The Films Of Joan Crawford. p. 47.
- "The Understanding Heart (1927)". silentera.com. Retrieved June 5, 2013.
- The Understanding Heart on Internet Movie Database
- The Understanding Heart at AllMovie
- The Understanding Heart at the TCM Movie Database
- Lobby poster
|This article about a silent adventure film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|