The Unit (season 4)
|The Unit (season 4)|
Season 4 DVD box set
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||22|
|Original release||September 28, 2008– May 10, 2009|
The fourth and final season of The Unit started on September 28, 2008 and concluded on May 10, 2009. The season introduced Bridget Sullivan (Nicole Steinwedell) and Sam McBride (Wes Chatham), new members to the unit and the team.
The Unit ranked #43 with 10 million viewers for the 2008-09 U.S. television season.
Cast and characters
- Dennis Haysbert as Sergeant Major Jonas Blane, aka Snake Doctor
- Scott Foley as Sergeant First Class Bob Brown, aka Cool Breeze
- Max Martini as Master Sergeant Mack Gerhardt, aka Dirt Diver
- Michael Irby as Sergeant First Class Charles Grey, aka Betty Blue
- Robert Patrick as Colonel[Note 1] Thomas Ryan, aka Dog Patch
- Nicole Steinwedell as Warrant Officer One Bridget Sullivan, aka Red Cap
- Wes Chatham as Staff Sergeant Sam McBride, aka Whiplash
- Regina Taylor as Molly Blane
- Audrey Marie Anderson as Kim Brown
- Abby Brammell as Tiffy Gerhardt
- Bre Blair as Joss Grey
- Rebecca Pidgeon as Charlotte Ryan
- Kavita Patil as Sergeant Kayla Medawar
- Susan Matus as Sergeant Sarah Irvine
- Angel Wainwright as Second Lieutenant Betsy Blane
- Alyssa Shafer as Serena Brown
|No.||#||Title||Directed by||Written by||U.S. viewers
|Original air date||Production
|48||1||"Sacrifice"||David Mamet||Frank Military||9.71||29||September 28, 2008||4ALF01|
|After completing a five-month-long assignment, the team is called upon to stop an assassination plot targeting the president-elect and vice president-elect. The situation raises suspicion among high-level government officials. Back at the base, the Unit wives are relocated for their own safety due to the sensitive nature of their husbands' mission.|
|49||2||"Sudden Flight"||Steven DePaul||Sharon Lee Watson||9.46||26||October 5, 2008||4ALF02|
|The team is tailing an important scientist en route from Argentina to South Africa on a commercial flight, when unidentified hijackers take over. Meanwhile, Kim and Bob's baby is ill, while the spouses continue their adjustment to their new lives.|
|50||3||"Sex Trade"||Jesús Salvador Treviño||Todd Ellis Kessler||9.10||29||October 12, 2008||4ALF03|
|While the team is in Kosovo negotiating the purchase of weapons-grade plutonium, Jonas discovers aspiring models forced into prostitution. At home, Kim starts her cover job as an in-home nanny and Tiffy as a teacher at the local school.|
|51||4||"The Conduit"||Michael Zinberg||David Mamet||8.28||36||October 19, 2008||4ALF04|
|Bob is held hostage by a drug cartel after he poses as a chemist who can turn cocaine into paint for easy smuggling. Meanwhile, Mack penetrates the group posing as a prize fighter in an illegal betting ring to help bring them down.|
|52||5||"Dancing Lessons"||Steve Gomer||Lynn Mamet & Ted Humphrey||9.17||36||October 26, 2008||4ALF05|
|A nuclear scientist insists on making a deal with the team before revealing information about an imminent terrorist attack on a major U.S. city; Kim, Molly and Tiffy are asked to work undercover with Jonas.|
|53||6||"Inquisition"||David Paymer||Patrick Moss & Shannon Rutherford||8.98||40||November 2, 2008||4ALF06|
|Hoping to con a terrorist into exposing his accomplices before they escape, the team produces phony evidence of an attack.|
|54||7||"Into Hell (Part 1)"||Krishna Rao||Daniel Voll||9.87||27||November 9, 2008||4ALF07|
|Jonas' daughter, Betsy, is kidnapped in Iraq, and Jonas and the team go in to rescue her. When they arrive, they learn she has been taken into Syria and that crossing the border is forbidden by the U.S. military because to do so is an act of war. Col. Ryan joins the mission and Mack plots his revenge against him for having an affair with Tiffy.|
|55||8||"Into Hell (Part 2)"||Fred Gerber||Frank Military||10.23||27||November 16, 2008||4ALF08|
|Jonas and the team attempt to rescue Jonas' daughter, Betsy, from her Syrian kidnappers, who now also hold Col. Ryan. Back at home, Molly is summoned to Washington, D.C., to meet with a government psychologist (Linda Hunt), who believes Molly can help her daughter through the power of thought.|
|56||9||"Shadow Riders"||Vahan Moosekian||Sharon Lee Watson||9.99||30||November 23, 2008||4ALF09|
|Jonas and his team attempt to keep a truce intact between two warring Afghanistan tribes by delivering a bride to her groom, but it requires going through enemy territory. Back at home, Bob and Kim try to expose a man who may be linked to terrorists.|
|57||10||"Misled and Misguided"||Steven DePaul||Todd Ellis Kessler||9.56||15||November 30, 2008||4ALF10|
|When the team is ordered to raid an anthrax lab in Uzbekistan, they find themselves fighting against their ally, a political official who thinks that high-tech gadgetry is better than field logic. On the home front, Kim finds herself in a life-threatening situation when her boss tells her to help him cover up a murder.|
|58||11||"Switchblade"||Oz Scott||David Mamet||8.24||19||December 21, 2008||4ALF11|
|Jonas and the team force an arrogant Department of Defense official, who jeopardized a previous mission due to his lack of field experience, into joining them on an assignment so he will observe war up close and personal. Back at home, Kim is secretly reunited with her kids.|
|59||12||"Bad Beat"||Bill L. Norton||Ted Humphrey||9.73||9||January 4, 2009||4ALF12|
|A CIA agent, who's gone over to the other side, plays a game of Baccarat with Jonas; if Jonas wins, the man will help out on their current mission. The team is working with the CIA and their success may have implications for one of their own who is in trouble.|
|60||13||"The Spear of Destiny"||Scott Foley||Lynn Mamet & Benjamin Daniel Lobato||10.16||24||January 11, 2009||4ALF13|
|Mack gets badly wounded while on a mission with Jonas and they must seek refuge in a monastery. On the home front, Bob is assigned to a mission which gives Kim a glimpse into the darker side of his job.|
|61||14||"The Last Nazi"||Michael Offer||David Mamet||8.36||18||February 15, 2009||4ALF14|
|The President orders the team to capture a Nazi war criminal and bring him to The Hague in the Netherlands. In D.C., Colonel Ryan confronts his past when he is offered a promotion to Brigadier general.|
|62||15||"Hero"||Terrence O'Hara||R. Scott Gemmill & Randy Huggins||9.38||33||March 8, 2009||4ALF15|
|The unit initiates a new team member while Jonas coaches his daughter, Betsy, on how to respond to media questions about her kidnapping and rescue without blowing the cover story.|
|63||16||"Hill 60"||James Whitmore, Jr.||Ted Humphrey||10.87||21||March 15, 2009||4ALF16|
|When a deadly gas is released into the air, the men and their families are trapped in their homes. Without access to the outside world, they must find a way to survive this attack.|
|64||17||"Flesh & Blood"||Dennis Haysbert||Lynn Mamet & Pete Blaber||8.14||35||March 22, 2009||4ALF17|
|The Unit is sent in to rescue an old friend and finds themselves in trouble. On the home front, Tom finds a lead in a terrorist attack and implements some extreme measures to get the information from a suspect.|
|65||18||"Best Laid Plans"||Dean White||Benjamin Daniel Lobato & Patrick Moss||9.46||14||March 29, 2009||4ALF18|
|Things go wrong when Jonas and Mack go undercover in an attempt to find the terrorists who killed the vice president.|
|66||19||"Whiplash"||Seth Wiley||Dan Hindmarch||9.05||28||April 12, 2009||4ALF19|
|One of the Unit members attacks their own and the team must deal with them.|
|67||20||"Chaos Theory"||Gwyneth Horder-Payton||Sharon Lee Watson||8.84||14||April 26, 2009||4ALF20|
|A well-thought-out and planned mission is affected by a random event, leaving Jonas and Bob to plan a new mission.|
|68||21||"End Game"||Lesli Linka Glatter||Ted Humphrey||9.97||15||May 3, 2009||4ALF21|
|Molly is kidnapped and used as bait, while Jonas is looking into a possible Russian terrorist cell.|
|69||22||"Unknown Soldier"||Vahan Moosekian||Todd Ellis Kessler||9.64||14||May 10, 2009||4ALF22|
|The Unit must locate and defuse three sets of dirty bombs headed for unknown locations across the United States. Meanwhile, the team prepares for the wedding of one couple and the end of a marriage for another.|
- ""The Unit," "Earl," "Medium" get the ax". Reuters. May 20, 2009.
- "Without a Trace: CBS Cancels FBI Show, No Season Eight". tvseriesfinale.com. 19 May 2009. Retrieved 24 January 2010.
- "SEASON PROGRAM RANKINGS (THROUGH 5/17)". ABC MediaNet. 19 May 2009. Retrieved 16 July 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 09/22/08 through 09/28/08". ABC Medianet. September 3, 2008. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 09/29/08 through 10/05/08". ABC Medianet. October 7, 2008. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 10/06/08 through 10/12/08". ABC Medianet. October 14, 2008. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 10/13/08 through 10/19/08". ABC Medianet. October 21, 2008. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 10/20/08 through 10/26/08". ABC Medianet. October 28, 2008. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 10/27/08 through 11/02/08". ABC Medianet. November 4, 2008. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 11/03/08 through 11/09/08". ABC Medianet. November 11, 2008. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 11/10/08 through 11/16/08". ABC Medianet. November 18, 2008. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 11/17/08 through 11/23/08". ABC Medianet. November 25, 2008. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- Seidman, Robert (December 3, 2008). "Top CBS Primetime Shows, November 24-30, 2008". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved July 14, 2015.
- Seidman, Robert (December 23, 2008). "Top CBS Primetime Shows, December 15–21". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved July 14, 2015.
- Seidman, Robert (January 7, 2009). "Top CBS Primetime Shows Dec 29 - Jan 4". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved July 14, 2015.
- "Weekly program rankings from 01/05/09 through 01/11/09". ABC Medianet. January 13, 2009. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- Seidman, Robert (February 18, 2009). "Top CBS Primetime Shows, February 9-15, 2009". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved July 14, 2015.
- "Weekly program rankings from 03/02/09 through 03/08/09". ABC Medianet. March 10, 2009. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 03/09/09 through 03/15/09". ABC Medianet. March 17, 2009. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 03/16/09 through 03/22/09". ABC Medianet. March 24, 2009. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- Seidman, Robert (March 31, 2009). "Top CBS Primetime Shows, March 23-29, 2009". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved July 14, 2015.
- "Weekly program rankings from 04/06/09 through 04/12/09". ABC Medianet. April 14, 2009. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- Seidman, Robert (April 28, 2009). "Top CBS Primetime Shows, April 20-26, 2009". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved July 14, 2015.
- Seidman, Robert (May 6, 2009). "Top CBS Primetime Shows, April 27 - May 3, 2009". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved July 14, 2015.
- Seidman, Robert (May 12, 2009). "Top CBS Primetime Shows, May 4-10, 2009". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved July 14, 2015.
- List of The Unit episodes at the Internet Movie Database
- List of The Unit season 4 episodes at TV.com
- The Unit at epguides.com