|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
DVD cover bearing the title used when it ran on the SyFy Channel, The Sasquatch
|Directed by||Jonas Quastel|
|Produced by||Rob Clark
|Written by||Jonas Questel
|Music by||Larry Seymour
|Edited by||Gabriel Wrye
|Distributed by||Columbia TriStar|
The Untold is a 2002 adventure horror film independently produced in Canada written and directed by Jonas Quastel. The SyFy Channel airs it under the title Sasquatch, which is also the title of the English version of the Canadian DVD release. And is also known as Inexplicable under the French version. The film is known under several different titles depending on the date and location of its release. It was first released in France at the Cannes Film Festival in May 2002. It was released on March 11, 2003 in Canada and the United States.
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (October 2014)|
The Untold is the story of Harlan Knowles (Lance Henriksen), billionaire and President of Bio-Comp Industries, who heads up a team of experts in a quest to locate a company plane that disappeared over the remote forests of the Pacific Northwest. Knowles is obsessed with finding the plane and rescuing his daughter (Erica Parker), who was one of its passengers. The assembled team includes local guide Clayton Tyne (Russel Ferrier), renowned wilderness expert and author Winston Burg (Phil Granger) and the beautiful Marla Lawson (Andrea Roth). Soon, the team begins to suspect that Knowles' main objective is actually to recover the prototype of a DNA testing machine called the Huxley Project, which his company has spent years and millions of dollars developing. After finding the plane and its crew torn to shreds, the group tries to piece together clues about what could be responsible for the carnage. With the help of the Huxley prototype they discover they are facing a menace whose very existence is one of the world's greatest mysteries and the only people left to rescue may be themselves.
- Lance Henriksen as Harlan Knowles
- Andrea Roth as Marla Lawson
- Russel Ferrier as Clayton Tyne
- Philip Granger as Winston Burg
- Jeremy Radick as Plazz
- Mary Mancini as Nikki Adams
- Taras Kostyuk as Sasquatch
- Erica Parker as Tara Knowles
Critical reception for the film has been mostly negative. Patrick Naugle from DVD Verdict gave the film a negative review calling the film "a paper-thin idea stretched into a feature length film". Scott Weinberg from eFilmCritic.com awarded the film 1 star out of 4 criticizing the film's lack of logic and the absence of the title monster through most of the film. Digital Retribution.com panned the film stating, "Granted, some of the stuff looks cool, but because so much fails, the film just comes off as DESPERATELY trying to be stylized". The site also criticized the film's point and lack of originality.
- SASQUATCH; aka, THE UNTOLD. 2003
- "Amazon.com: Sasquatch: Lance Henriksen, Andrea Roth, Russell Ferrier, Jeremy Radick, Mary Mancini, Erica Parker, Phil Granger, Shaun Lawless, Jonas Quastel, Craig Denton, Rob Clark, Chris Lanning: Movies & TV". Amazon.com. Amazon.com. Retrieved 27 October 2014.
- Naugle, Paterick. "DVD Verdict Review - Sasquatch". DVD Verdict.com. Patrick Naugle. Retrieved 27 October 2014.
- Weinberg, Scott. "Movie Review - Sasquatch - eFilmCritic". eFilmCritic.com. Scott Weinberg. Retrieved 27 October 2014.
- "Sasquatch: The Untold DVD Review | Digital Retribution". Digital Retribution.com. Digital Retribution.com. Retrieved 27 October 2014.