The Untouchables (1993 TV series)
|Created by||Christopher Crowe|
David James Elliott
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||42 (list of episodes)|
Frederick J. Lyle
|Running time||45–48 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Christopher Crowe Productions|
|Distributor||Paramount Domestic Television|
|Original network||Syndication 4|
|Original release||January 11, 1993 –|
May 22, 1994
The Untouchables is an American crime drama series that aired for two seasons in syndication, from January 1993 to May 1994. The series portrayed work of the real life Untouchables federal investigative squad in Prohibition-era Chicago and its efforts against Al Capone's attempts to profit from the market in bootleg liquor.
Eliot Ness (Amandes), disgusted with the widespread criminality that Al Capone (Forsythe) has brought to his home town, Chicago, and inspired by the example of his brother-in-law, Alexander Jamie (Patrick Clear), a federal law enforcement officer, becomes a government investigator himself, and puts together a special squad specifically dedicated to putting Capone behind bars.
Cast and characters
|Tom Amandes||Agent Eliot Ness|
|William Forsythe||Al Capone|
|John Rhys-Davies||Agent Michael Malone|
|Paul Regina||Frank Nitti|
|David James Elliott||Agent Paul Robbins|
|John Haymes Newton||Agent Tony Pagano|
|Michael Horse||Agent George Steelman|
|Shea Farrell||Agent Sean Quinlan|
The Untouchables was also released on Blu Ray in 2017. 
Dragon's Domain Records released a limited edition 2-CD set of Joel Goldsmith's work on the series in 2017, featuring the score from the two-hour pilot film and selections from the episodes "The Seduction of Eliot Ness," "A Man's Home Is His Castle," "Stir Crazy," "Railroaded," the two-parter "Cuba," "Attack on New York," "Mind Games," "The Legacy," "Stadt," "Til Death Do Us Part," and "Death and Taxes: Part 2."
- "Untouchable Then and Now". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2010-10-25.
- "TVShowsOnDVD.com - Goodbye". Tvshowsondvd.com. Retrieved 19 May 2019.
- "The Untouchables - The Complete Collection #6126". Visual Entertainment Inc. Retrieved 19 May 2019.
- "The Untouchables: The Complete Collection Blu-ray". Blu-ray.com. Retrieved 19 May 2019.
- "UNTOUCHABLES, THE - Music from the 1993 Television Series by Joel Goldsmith". Buysoundtrax.stores.yahoo.net. Retrieved 19 May 2019.
- Tucker, Kenneth. Eliot Ness and the Untouchables: The Historical Reality and the Film and Television Depictions. Jefferson, North Carolina: McFarland & Company, 2000. ISBN 0-7864-0772-7
|This article relating to a drama television series in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|