The Villain (2018 film)
Theatrical release poster
|Produced by||C. R. Manohar|
|Music by||Arjun Janya|
|Cinematography||Girish R. Gowda|
|Edited by||Srinivas P. Babu|
|18 October 2018|
The Villain is a 2018 Indian Kannada-language film written and directed by Prem and produced by C. R. Manohar, starring Shiva Rajkumar, Sudeep, Amy Jackson, Mithun Chakraborty, Meka Srikanth and others.
- Shiva Rajkumar as Ramu
- Sudeep as Ram/Raavana aka International Don
- Meka Srikanth as Kaizer
- Amy Jackson as Sita
- Mithun Chakraborty as ACP Brahmavar in a cameo appearance
- Tilak Shekar as Alex
- Saranya Ponvannan as Vishalavva, Ram's mother
- Sharath Lohitashwa as Ram's Father
- Kuri Prathap
- Mandya Ramesh
Director Prem announced new film starring Shivaraj Rajkumar and Kichcha Sudeepa in lead roles. The film is about a villager who dreams to become an actor. The film is produced by C. R. Manohar and they signed Bollywood actor Mithun Chakraborty in an important role that has been kept as a secret in the beginning, but the news was later leaked to the press. The film was launched by then Karnataka's Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on 13 December 2015 and the first look was released in March 2017. The film completed a schedule and was reported to have portions in England and two other foreign countries to be shot. By then, the film fetched ₹5.4 crore as Hindi rights. Actress Amy Jackson was signed as the female lead. The song "Jeeva Hoovagide" from Nee Nanna Gellalare composed by Ilaiyaraaja was shot with Shiva Rajkumar and Amy Jackson in replicated costumes of Rajkumar and Manjula from the original film in a schedule where entire talkie portions were shot, except few songs. Later, filming the climax was completed on 1 February as per actor Sudeep's tweet.
|Soundtrack album by|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Arjun Janya chronology|
|Singles from The Villain|
|1.||"I am Villain"||Prem||Shankar Mahadevan||4:31|
|2.||"Tick Tick Tick"||Prem||Vijay Prakash, Kailash Kher, Prem, Siddharth Basrur||3:50|
|3.||"Love Aagoythe Nin Myale"||Prem||Prem, Chorus||4:35|
|4.||"Nodivalandava"||Prem||Armaan Malik, Shreya Ghoshal||4:11|
|5.||"Bolo Bolo Raamappa"||Prem||Vijay Prakash, Kushala and Chorus||4:22|
|6.||"Rana Rana Raavana"||Prem||Prem, Shreya Ghoshal||3:13|
The Villain released worldwide on 18 October 2018.
- Prasad S, Shyam (4 May 2017). "Mithun makes Kannada debut". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 13 May 2017. Retrieved 6 May 2017.
- Upadhyaya, Prakash (1 April 2017). "Sudeep-Shivaraj Kumar's The Villain first look posters take the fans by a storm". International Business Times. Archived from the original on 9 May 2017. Retrieved 6 May 2017.
- Sharadhaa, A (2 August 2016). "Prem's choice for the villain may be Tamannaah". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 6 May 2017.
- "The Villain first look revealed". The Times of India. 3 April 2017. Retrieved 6 May 2017.
- Sharadhaa, A (17 May 2017). "Amy Jackson comes to the villain". The New Indian Express. Archived from the original on 20 May 2017. Retrieved 19 May 2017.
- Srivatsan (17 May 2017). "The Villain: Amy Jackson to star opposite Shivrajkumar, Kichcha Sudeep". India Today. Archived from the original on 19 May 2017. Retrieved 19 May 2017.
- "Jeeva Hoovagide — Nee Nanna Gellalaare — Kannnada Hit Songs". YouTube. Archived from the original on 20 June 2018. Retrieved 4 February 2018.
- "Nee Nanna Gellarare song for The Villain". Indiaglitz. 3 February 2018. Archived from the original on 5 February 2018. Retrieved 4 February 2018.
- Sharadhaa, A (28 January 2018). "Prem sets in nostalgic mood for The Villain". The New Indian Express. Archived from the original on 31 January 2018. Retrieved 31 January 2018.
- Upadhyaya, Prakash (2 February 2018). "Sudeep wraps up the climax sequence of The Villain, release likely in April or May". International Business Times. Archived from the original on 4 February 2018. Retrieved 3 February 2018.
- "Filmibeat on The Villain movie crew" "The villain Cast & Crew, the villain Kannada Movie Cast, Actor, Actress, Director". Archived from the original on 18 April 2018. Retrieved 17 April 2018.