The Voice (radio station)
|Founded||June 1984 (In Denmark)|
Vi elsker musik (Denmark)|
Vi älskar musik (Sweden)
Ние обичаме музиката (Bulgaria)
English: We love music
|The Voice Finland|
The Voice is a European radio station operating in Denmark, Sweden and Bulgaria. The Nordic radio stations are owned by Bauer Media Group, and the Bulgarian station is owned by A.E. Best Success Services Bulgaria EOOD. The format consists mostly of new Pop, RnB and Rock songs, real life events and on-air comedy. The target audience of the listeners is 15 to 25 years old. Income is generated by commercials. The station was founded in Denmark as a local radio in the Copenhagen area.
- 8 June 1984 (12:00 pm) - The first The Voice station goes on air in Copenhagen, Denmark
- 1 April 2004 - The Voice goes on air in and replaces Radio City in Stockholm, Sweden
- 17 August 2004 - The Danish version of the TV-channel The Voice TV begins
- 12 November 2004 The Finnish version of TV-channel The Voice TV begins
- 17 December 2004 - The Swedish version of the TV-channel The Voice begins
- 2005 - The Voice Radio launches in Norway
- 2006 - The Voice Bulgaria launches
- 2007 - The Voice Radio launches in Finland
- 30 September 2008 - The Voice TV was closed in Sweden
- 10 November 2011 - ProSiebenSat.1 sells the Bulgarian division to A.E. Best Success Services Bulgaria EOOD.
- 1 September 2012 - The Voice TV was closed in Finland and replaced by Kutonen
- 14 December 2012 - Discovery Communications buys the SBS Nordic operations from ProSiebenSat.1 Group.
- 31 December 2012 - The Voice TV was closed in Denmark and replaced by 7'eren
- 2012 - The Voice TV was closed in Norway
- April 2015 - Discovery sells SBS Discovery Radio to Bauer Media Group.
- October 2015 - The Voice radio was closed in Norway and replaced by Kiss
- 29 April 2016 - In Sweden, The Voice radio was replaced by Kiss on FM, but remained as an online-only radio station.
The station is available nationwide on DAB radio and online, and on FM radio on the following frequencies:
|Frequency||City or area|
|99,1||West Zealand County|
|101,4||Frederikshavn - hasn’t been working in a while on this frequency and the new one it got put on hasn’t worked either properly for 2 days but that was 99, something|
|104,3||West Zealand County|
The Voice is available nationwide as an online radio station.
- "ProSiebenSat.1 Sells Portfolio in Bulgaria". SeeNews. 14 November 2011. Retrieved 14 April 2017.
- "Discovery Communications to Acquire SBS Nordic Operations of ProSiebenSat.1 Group". Discovery. 14 December 2012. Retrieved 14 April 2017.
- "Bauer Media seals deal for Nordic broadcaster SBS Discovery radio". The Drum News. 28 April 2015. Retrieved 14 April 2017.