The Voice UK (series 1)
|The Voice UK|
|Broadcast from||24 March 2012– 2 June 2012|
|Finals venue||Elstree Studios|
|Song||"Run to You"|
|Bo Bruce and Tyler James|
The Voice UK is a British television music competition to find new singing talent. The first series began on 24 March 2012 and ended on 2 June 2012. The show was co-presented by Holly Willoughby and Reggie Yates on BBC One. The series was won by Leanne Mitchell, who was on Tom Jones' team.
- 1 Coaches and presenters
- 2 Teams
- 3 Blind auditions
- 4 Battle rounds
- 5 Live shows
- 6 Reception
- 7 Criticism and controversy
- 8 References
- 9 External links
Coaches and presenters
Huge speculation began when the BBC announced that there would be four coaches on the panel of The Voice. It was said that Kylie Minogue was due to become a coach on the show, but it would have cost the TV station too much to get her on the panel. Her sister, Dannii Minogue was also confirmed to be in the running after she left the panel of The X Factor. Mark Owen and Lenny Kravitz were strong candidates for the role. Frankie Sandford of The Saturdays was also confirmed to be in the running. It was later confirmed by the BBC that Will Young was one of their favourites to get on the panel. Ricky Wilson of the Kaiser Chiefs was also in the running. Adele was the BBC's first Celebrity to be considered for the role as they said, "'Adele's success is all down to her incredible voice and, in this way, embodies all that The Voice represents. She's honest, funny and loved by millions of people of all ages. " The shows producers were impressed with Cee Lo Green's performance on the U. S. version of the show and wanted him on the UK version, but he turned the chance down. Dannii Minogue's former work mate, Cheryl Cole was also said to be in the running to be a coach on the show. However, Cole and Minogue were both ruled out of the running after producers of the show said they wanted to "start fresh" and not have The X Factor left overs. However, though Cole and Minogue were ruled out the BBC were keen to show enthusiasm about Charlotte Church, Robbie Williams and Jessie J was also announced to be in the running. Tom Jones was offered a role on the show, and later accepted the offer. It was revealed that Frankie Sandford was on the verge of signing a contract to become a coach. George Michael and Mary J. Blige were also in the running to be on the show, with Blige saying on Alan Carr: Chatty Man she has had meetings about her future on the show, she spoke "I have been approached and we have been in discussions about The Voice. I'm not sure if I'm doing it right now. We'll have to wait and see. " will.i.am was confirmed to be close to signing a contract with the show producers to become a coach on the show. It was said that Frankie Sandford was awaiting to finalise her contract, but she pulled out of becoming a coach on the show because of her "busy schedule". After Sandford revealed that she would not be joining the panel, the panel line-up was announced to be, Jessie J, will.i.am, Tom Jones and The Script lead singer, Danny O'Donoghue.
Controversy arose after O'Donoghue was announced as a coach, being picked over Will Young. Young put on his Twitter account, "The Voice came, the Voice went. They wanted to go more rock... Should have dusted off my Leather jacket! Hey ho, (sic)" he said, before adding: "Hang on... Just got Jimmy Page on the line. I'm commiserating him." A tweet the previous night may have also been connected to the loss of role saying, "Words escape me. Life is sometimes a bitch". In an interview with the Daily Star, Young stated he was "devastated" that he didn't get the job saying, "Of course I’m disappointed not to be doing the show, not to mention how it’s been handled. But the support from fans has been overwhelming. They really have been amazing." Many celebrities hit back at O'Donoghue in defence to Young, including Professor Green, who argued that "No one knows who Danny is" as well as saying to The Sun, "That's really s**t that they dumped Will for him. He would have been perfect for that job. He really knows what he is talking about when it comes to making music... I liked him.".
Former The X Factor contestants Shayne Ward and Stacey Solomon were both in the running to be the host of the show. The One Show presenter Alex Jones was also in the running to be a presenter. Despite Dermot O'Leary signing a three year contract with The X Factor, The Voice producers are eager to have him present the show. It was also said that Emile Heskey was in the running. However, former, The Xtra Factor and This Morning host, Holly Willoughby was confirmed to be in the running after she left as the host on Dancing on Ice. It was later confirmed that Willoughby and BBC Radio presenter, Reggie Yates would present the show.
- Fourth place
- Eliminated in the Live shows
- Eliminated in the Battle rounds
|Tyler James||Jaz Ellington||Frances Wood||Joelle Moses||Sophie Griffin|
|Heshima Thompson||Jay Norton||Kate Read||Jenny Jones||J Marie Cooper|
|Vince Kidd||Becky Hill||Toni Warne||Cassius Henry||Ruth-Ann St. Luce|
|Jessica Hammond||Indie & Pixie||Kirsten Joy||David Faulkner||Ben Kelly|
|Sir Tom Jones|
|Leanne Mitchell||Ruth Brown||Matt & Sueleen||Adam Isaac||Samuel Buttery|
|Barbara Bryceland||Deniece Pearson||Lindsey Butler||Denise Morgan||Aundrea Nyle|
|Bo Bruce||Max Milner||David Julien||Aleks Josh||Hannah Berney|
|Vince Freeman||Bill Downs||John James Newman||Emmy J Mac||Murray Hockridge|
The blind auditions began in London on 18 January 2012 at the BBC Television Centre and finished filming on 22 January 2012. Each coach has the length of the artists' performance to decide if they want that artist on their team. Should two or more coaches want the same artist, then the artist gets to choose their coach. Once the coaches have picked their team, they are to pit them against each other in the ultimate sing off; the battles.
- Color key
|✔||Coach hit his/her "I WANT YOU" button|
|Artist defaulted to this coach's team|
|Artist elected to join this coach's team|
|Artist eliminated with no coach pressing his or her "I WANT YOU" button|
Episode 1 (24 March)
The first blind audition episode was broadcast on 24 March 2012.
Group performance: The Voice UK Coaches – "I Gotta Feeling"
|Order||Artist||Age||Song||Coaches and artists choices|
|1||Jessica Hammond||17||"Price Tag"||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|3||Samuel Buttery||20||"Set Fire to the Rain"||—||—||✔||—|
|4||Toni Warne||34||"Leave Right Now"||—||✔||✔||✔|
|6||Adam Isaac||28||"Maybe Tomorrow"||✔||—||✔||—|
|7||Max Milner||20||"Come Together/Lose Yourself"||✔||✔||—||✔|
|8||Ben Kelly||22||"Rocket Man"||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|9||Twinnie Lee Moore||24||"The Climb"||—||—||—||—|
|10||Phil Poole||27||"Drops of Jupiter (Tell Me)"||—||—||—||—|
|11||J Marie Cooper||27||"Mamma Knows Best"||✔||✔||✔||✔|
Episode 2 (31 March)
The second blind audition episode was broadcast on 31 March 2012.
|Order||Artist||Age||Song||Coaches and artists choices|
|2||Barbara Bryceland||49||"Wild Horses"||—||—||✔||—|
|3||David Julien||23||"The Man Who Can't Be Moved"||✔||—||—||✔|
|4||Kerry Ellis||31||"Son of a Preacher Man"||—||—||—||—|
|5||Vince Kidd||22||"Like a Virgin"||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|6||Shansel Huseyin||17||"Nessun dorma"||—||—||—||—|
|7||Ross Wild||N/A||"Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)"||—||—||—||—|
|8||Sam Thornton||N/A||"Why Do Fools Fall in Love"||—||—||—||—|
|10||Vince Freeman||34||"Sex on Fire"||—||—||—||✔|
|11||Aleks Josh||17||"I'm Yours"||✔||—||—||✔|
|12||Frances Wood||18||"Where Is the Love?"||✔||—||—||—|
|13||Matt & Sueleen Fletcher||34 & 34||"A Little Time"||—||✔||✔||—|
|14||Holly Cosgrove||16||"You Need Me, I Don't Need You"||—||—||—||—|
Episode 3 (7 April)
The third blind audition episode was broadcast on 7 April 2012.
|Order||Artist||Age||Song||Coaches and artists choices|
|1||Joelle Moses||21||"Rolling in the Deep"||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|2||Jay Norton||24||"I Need a Dollar"||✔||—||✔||—|
|3||Allyson Brown||29||"Somebody Else's Guy"||—||—||—||—|
|4||Leanne Mitchell||28||"If I Were a Boy"||—||—||✔||✔|
|6||Denise Morgan||31||"Love Song"||—||—||✔||—|
|7||Murray Hockridge||47||"You Give Me Something"||—||—||—||✔|
|8||Hannah Berney||20||"You and I"||—||—||✔||✔|
|9||Cris Grixti||31||"Forget You"||—||—||—||—|
|10||Bill Downs||23||"She Said"||—||—||—||✔|
|11||Kate Read||19||"True Colors"||✔||—||✔||—|
|13||Ruth-Ann St. Luce||18||"Run"||—||✔||—||—|
|14||Alys Williams||24||"Someone like You"||—||—||—||—|
|15||Nathan James||23||"Livin' on a Prayer"||—||—||—||—|
|16||Tyler James||27||"(Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay"||✔||—||—||—|
|17||Bo Bruce||28||"Without You"||✔||—||—||✔|
Episode 4 (14 April)
The fourth and final blind audition episode was broadcast on 14 April 2012.
|Order||Artist||Age||Song||Coaches and artists choices|
|1||Emmy J Mac||21||"Put Your Records On"||✔||—||✔||✔|
|3||Sophie Griffin||17||"American Boy"||✔||—||—||—|
|4||Ben Lake||33||"I (Who Have Nothing)"||—||—||—||—|
|5||Indie & Pixie||17 & 18||"Perfect"||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|6||Lindsey Butler||41||"I Don't Want to Talk About It"||—||—||✔||—|
|7||Harriet Whitehead||17||"What's Up?"||—||—||—||—|
|8||John James Newman||33||"Pack Up/Don't Worry, Be Happy"||—||—||✔||✔|
|9||Ruth Brown||19||"When Love Takes Over"||—||—||✔||N/A|
|10||Becky Hill||17||"Ordinary People"||✔||✔||N/A||N/A|
|11||Chloe Blackwell||21||"This Love"||—||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|12||Daniel Walker||35||"Kiss from a Rose"||—||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|13||Jaz Ellington1||27||"The A Team"||✔||N/A||N/A||N/A|
The recording of the battle rounds took place on 22 and 23 February 2012 at The Fountain Studios in Wembley with five artists from each team progressing to the live shows. Each coach pitted two of their ten artists together as they performed a song of the coach's choice at the same time in a boxing ring-styled stage. After the two artists completed the song, one progressed to the live shows and one was eliminated from the competition. Once the coaches had completed this process, they each had five artists for the live shows.
The battle advisors for these episodes were: Paloma Faith working with Danny O'Donoghue, Cerys Matthews of Catatonia working with Tom Jones, Ana Matronic of Scissor Sisters working with Jessie J, and Dante Santiago working with will.i.am.
The battle round episodes aired on the 21 and 22 April 2012, in a special "battles weekend" (as the blind auditions were only shown on Saturdays).
- Colour key
|Artist won the Battle and advanced to the Live shows|
|Artist lost the Battle and was eliminated|
Episode 1 (21 April)
The first of two battle rounds premiered on 21 April 2012.
|1||will.i.am||Jenny Jones||Joelle Moses||"I'm Every Woman"|
|2||Danny O'Donoghue||Max Milner||Bill Downs||"Beggin'"|
|3||Tom Jones||Samuel Buttery||Aundrea Nyle||"A Little Less Conversation"|
|4||Jessie J||Kirsten Joy||Toni Warne||"Think"|
|5||Danny O'Donoghue||Vince Freeman||Bo Bruce||"With or Without You"|
|6||will.i.am||Tyler James||Heshima Thompson||"Yeah 3x"|
|7||Jessie J||Jessica Hammond||Vince Kidd||"We Found Love"|
|8||will.i.am||Jaz Ellington||Jay Norton||"I Heard It Through the Grapevine"|
|9||Tom Jones||Ruth Brown||Deniece Pearson||"No One"|
Episode 2 (22 April)
The second of two battle rounds premiered on 22 April 2012.
|1||Jessie J||Cassius Henry||David Faulkner||"Beat It"|
|2||Tom Jones||Barbara Bryceland||Leanne Mitchell||"The Edge of Glory"|
|3||will.i.am||Frances Wood||Kate Read||"Ironic"|
|4||Danny O'Donoghue||Aleks Josh||Emmy J Mac||"Broken Strings"|
|5||Jessie J||Ruth-Ann St. Luce||Ben Kelly||"I Wanna Dance with Somebody"|
|6||Tom Jones||Matt & Sueleen||Lindsey Butler||"Born to Run"|
|7||Danny O'Donoghue||Hannah Berney||Murray Hockridge||"Kids"|
|8||Jessie J||Becky Hill||Indie & Pixie||"Irreplaceable"|
|9||Tom Jones||Denise Morgan||Adam Isaac||"Use Somebody"|
|10||will.i.am||Sophie Griffin||J Marie Cooper||"Firework"|
|11||Danny O'Donoghue||David Julien||John James Newman||"Dakota"|
The live performance shows are aired live from Elstree Studios and will run for six consecutive weeks, ending on 2 June 2012. The first results show on 29 April featured a performance from American singer-songwriter Lana Del Rey with British singer-songwriter Emeli Sandé performing during the second results show on 6 May 2012. American group Scissor Sisters performed during the third result show on 13 May 2012 with The Voice UK Battle Round Adviser Paloma Faith performing during the forth results show on 20 May 2012. Cheryl and Kylie Minogue performed during the fifth live show It was confirmed on 18 May 2012 that the final on 2 June 2012 would feature performances from Ed Sheeran and Maroon 5.
- Colour key
- Artist received the most public votes
- Artist was in the bottom two or three
- Artist received the fewest public votes and was automatically eliminated (no bottom two/three)
- Artist did not perform on that particular week
|Artist||Week 1||Week 2||Week 3||Week 4||Week 5||Week 6|
|Round 1||Round 2|
|Leanne Mitchell||Safe||Bottom two||Safe||Safe||Winner|
|Tyler James||Safe||Bottom two||Safe||Safe||Runner-up|
|Vince Kidd||Safe||Safe||Safe||Fourth place||Eliminated (Week 6)|
|Jaz Ellington||Safe||Safe||Eliminated||Eliminated (Week 5)|
|Becky Hill||Safe||Bottom three||Eliminated|
|Max Milner||Bottom two||Bottom three||Eliminated|
|David Julien||Safe||Bottom three||Eliminated (Week 4)|
|Aleks Josh||Safe||Bottom three|
|Cassius Henry||Safe||Bottom three|
|Toni Warne||Bottom two||Bottom three|
|Frances Wood||Safe||Bottom three||Eliminated (Week 3)|
|Joelle Moses||Bottom two||Bottom three|
|Adam Isaac||Safe||Bottom three|
|Matt & Sueleen||Bottom two||Bottom three|
|Hannah Berney||Bottom two||Eliminated (Week 2)|
|Ruth-Ann St. Luce||Bottom two|
|Sophie Griffin||Bottom two||Eliminated (Week 1)|
|Samuel Buttery||Bottom two|
Live show details
Week 1 (28 & 29 April)
The first live show aired on 28 April 2012 - with Team Tom and Team will.i.am performing.
- Group performance(s): The Voice UK Coaches – "Beautiful Day"; Team Jessie and Team Danny – "You Get What You Give" / "Don't Stop the Music"
- Musical guest: Lana Del Rey ("Blue Jeans")
|1||will.i.am||Joelle Moses||"I'm Goin' Down"||Bottom two|
|2||Tom Jones||Samuel Buttery||"A Little Respect"||Eliminated|
|3||will.i.am||Frances Wood||"Ain't Nobody"||Safe|
|4||Tom Jones||Adam Isaac||"All My Life"||Safe|
|5||will.i.am||Jaz Ellington||"At Last"||Safe|
|6||Tom Jones||Leanne Mitchell||"Who Knew"||Safe|
|8||Tom Jones||Matt & Sueleen||"Go Your Own Way"||Bottom two|
|9||will.i.am||Tyler James||"Higher Love"||Safe|
|10||Tom Jones||Ruth Brown||"Get Here"||Safe|
Week 2 (5 & 6 May)
The second live show aired on 5 May 2012 - with Team Jessie and Team Danny performing.
- Group performance(s): Team will.i.am – "Higher"; Team Tom – "Higher Ground"
- Musical guest: Emeli Sandé ("My Kind of Love")
|1||Jessie J||Toni Warne||"Proud Mary"||Bottom two|
|2||Danny O'Donoghue||Max Milner||"Free Fallin"||Bottom two|
|3||Jessie J||Ruth-Ann St. Luce||"Promise This"||Eliminated|
|4||Danny O'Donoghue||Hannah Berney||"Cry Me a River/Cry Me a River"||Eliminated|
|5||Jessie J||Vince Kidd||"Always on My Mind"||Safe|
|6||Danny O'Donoghue||Aleks Josh||"Dream a Little Dream of Me"||Safe|
|7||Jessie J||Cassius Henry||"Paradise"||Safe|
|8||Danny O'Donoghue||David Julien||"Sweet Disposition"||Safe|
|9||Jessie J||Becky Hill||"Good Luck"||Safe|
|10||Danny O'Donoghue||Bo Bruce||"Running Up that Hill"||Safe|
Week 3 (12 & 13 May)
The third live show aired on Saturday 12 May 2012 - with Team Tom and Team will.i.am performing. Both judges had to eliminate two of their artists, leaving them with two each for the semi-final shows.
- Group performance(s): Team Tom with Tom Jones – "Hit the Road Jack"; Team will.i.am with will.i.am – "Gold Digger" / "Just Can't Get Enough"; Team Jessie – "Canned Heat"; Team Danny – "Starlight"
- Musical guest: Scissor Sisters ("Only the Horses")
|1||Tom Jones||Leanne Mitchell||"I Put a Spell on You"||Bottom three|
|2||will.i.am||Frances Wood||"Show Me Love"||Eliminated|
|3||Tom Jones||Matt & Sueleen||"Missing"||Eliminated|
|4||will.i.am||Joelle Moses||"Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)"||Eliminated|
|5||Tom Jones||Ruth Brown||"Next to Me"||Safe|
|6||will.i.am||Tyler James||"Sign Your Name"||Bottom three|
|7||Tom Jones||Adam Isaac||"High and Dry"||Eliminated|
|8||will.i.am||Jaz Ellington||"Just the Way You Are/Just the Way You Are"||Safe|
Week 4 (19 & 20 May)
The fourth live show was on Saturday 19 May 2012 - with Team Danny and Team Jessie performing. Both judges had to eliminate two of their artists, leaving them with two each for the semi-final shows.
- Group performance(s): Team Jessie with Jessie J – "We Are Young"; Team Danny with Danny O'Donoghue – "Somebody That I Used To Know"; Team Tom – "Shake It Out"; Team will.i.am – "Roxanne"
- Musical guest: Paloma Faith ("Picking Up the Pieces")
|1||Danny O'Donoghue||Max Milner||"Black Horse and the Cherry Tree"||Bottom three|
|2||Jessie J||Cassius Henry||"Turning Tables"||Eliminated|
|3||Danny O'Donoghue||Bo Bruce||"Love the Way You Lie (Part II)"||Safe|
|4||Jessie J||Vince Kidd||"My Love Is Your Love"||Safe|
|5||Danny O'Donoghue||Aleks Josh||"Better Together"||Eliminated|
|6||Jessie J||Becky Hill||"Seven Nation Army"||Bottom three|
|7||Danny O'Donoghue||David Julien||"She Will Be Loved"||Eliminated|
|8||Jessie J||Toni Warne||"Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word"||Eliminated|
Week 5: Semi-final (26 & 27 May)
The fifth live show aired on 26 May 2012, with all teams performing. The public then chose one artist from each team to advance to the final. For the first time in the series, Cheryl's performance was live on Saturday's show, but Kylie's performance was broadcast on Sunday's results show. It was also the first time there were two special musical guests.
- Group performance(s): The Voice UK Final 8 – "You're the Voice"
- Musical guests: Cheryl ("Call My Name"), Kylie Minogue ("Timebomb")
|1||Tom Jones||Ruth Brown||"The Voice Within"||Eliminated|
|2||Jessie J||Vince Kidd||"Back to Black"||Safe|
|3||Danny O'Donoghue||Max Milner||"Every Breath You Take"||Eliminated|
|4||will.i.am||Jaz Ellington||"Let It Be"||Eliminated|
|5||Tom Jones||Leanne Mitchell||"Run to You"||Safe|
|6||Jessie J||Becky Hill||"Like a Star"||Eliminated|
|7||Danny O'Donoghue||Bo Bruce||"Charlie Brown"||Safe|
|8||will.i.am||Tyler James||"Bohemian Rhapsody"||Safe|
Week 6: Final (2 June)
The final live show aired on 2 June 2012. Each coach had one artist each in their team, and for the first time in the series, each artist performed three songs: a solo number, a duet with their coach and their favourite song of the series.
- Group performance(s): The Voice UK Coaches – Medley of "It's Not Unusual" / "Breakeven" / "Price Tag" / "Where Is the Love?"
- Musical guests: Ed Sheeran ("Small Bump" ), Maroon 5 ("Payphone", "Moves Like Jagger")
|Order||Coach||Artist||First song||Second song (duet)||Third song||Result|
|1||Danny O'Donoghue||Bo Bruce||"Nothing Compares 2 U"||"Read All About It"||"Charlie Brown"||Runner-up|
|2||Tom Jones||Leanne Mitchell||"It's a Man's Man's Man's World"||"Mama Told Me Not to Come"||"Run to You"||Winner|
|3||will.i.am||Tyler James||"I'll Be There"||"OMG"||"Higher Love"||Runner-up|
|4||Jessie J||Vince Kidd||"Many Rivers to Cross"||"Nobody's Perfect"||N/A (already eliminated)||Fourth place|
|Blind auditions 1||24 March||9.44||5||37.6%|||
|Blind auditions 2||31 March||9.93||2||39.3%|||
|Blind auditions 3||7 April||10.71||1||41.1%|||
|Blind auditions 4||14 April||11.99||1||45.5%|||
|Battle rounds 1||21 April||11.24||1||42.3%|||
|Battle rounds 2||22 April||10.98||2||38.5%|||
|Live show 1||28 April||10.51||1||41.8%|||
|Results 1||29 April||9.17||3||35.1%|||
|Live show 2||5 May||9.36||3||35.6%|||
|Results 2||6 May||7.24||13||30.3%|||
|Live show 3||12 May||6.54||23||29.4%|||
|Results 3||13 May||6.75||19||26.4%|||
|Live show 4||19 May||6.79||12||27.9%|||
|Results 4||20 May||6.28||18||26.2%|||
|Live show 5||26 May||5.25||20||28.8%|||
|Results 5||27 May||5.14||21||26.5%|||
|Live final||2 June||7.82||4||34.2%|||
Criticism and controversy
BBC Radio 2's Paul Gambaccini told the Radio Times that The Voice UK is "karaoke", and Mark Goodier questioned the motives of Universal Music saying, "Universal have to be doing this because they want market share." On whether The Voice is to become a "huge hit" in the UK, he added, "It really depends on whether they find a star or not."
During the performance in the Semi Final, Becky Hill forgot her words and said an explicit word. Willoughby apologized after the performance. An edited version to the performance was posted on BBC.com and YouTube.
- "Kylie Minogue ruled out of the running to be a judge on The Voice". Metro.co.uk. Retrieved 27 October 2011.
- "Celebrities in the running to become a coach on The Voice". Retrieved 23 October 2011.
- "Frankie Sandford in the running to become coach on The Voice after The X Factor dropped her from their running". The Mirror. Retrieved 17 November 2011.
- "Will Young in the running to be a coach on The Voice". The Sun (London). Retrieved 28 November 2011.
- Bull, Sarah (6 July 2011). "Adele is the BBC main celebrity to get on the judging panel of The Voice". Mail Online (London). Retrieved 6 July 2011.
- "Cee-Lo Green will not judge on the UK version". Retrieved 19 October 2011.
- "Cheryl Cole in the running to reprise her role as a judge but on The Voice". Digital Spy. Retrieved 18 June 2011.
- "Cheryl Cole and Dannii Minogue ruled out of the The Voice". Digital Spy. Retrieved 15 November 2011.
- "Tom Jones snubbed The Voice". Digital Spy. Retrieved 7 July 2011.
- "Frankie Sandford on the verge of signing contract with The Voice". The Mirror. Retrieved 17 November 2011.
- "George Michael and Mary J. Blige in the running". Metro.co.uk. Retrieved 7 November 2011.
- "Will. i.am is set to be a judge on The Voice". Metro.co.uk. Retrieved 7 July 2011.
- "Will. i.am signed with The Voice to be a judge?". The Mirror. Retrieved 27 November 2011.
- Love, Ryan (8 December 2011). "Will Young misses out on 'The Voice UK': 'They wanted to go more rock'". Digital Spy. Hearst Magazines UK. Retrieved 30 January 2012.
- Ingham, James (11 December 2011). "Will Young:Lost voice gutted me". Daily Star (Express Newspapers). Retrieved 30 January 2012.
- Robertson, Colin (4 January 2012). "Professor Green’s outrage at Will Young losing Voice". The Sun (London: News International). Retrieved 30 January 2012.
- "Shayne Ward, Stacey Solomon and Alex Jones in the running to present The Voice". Metro.co.uk. Retrieved 7 November 2011.
- "Dermot O'Leary to present The Voice?". Metro.co.uk. Retrieved 21 June 2011.
- "BBC - Media Centre - Holly Willoughby and Reggie Yates to present The Voice UK". BBC Online. Retrieved 23 November 2011.
- "The Voice UK: Week 1 Recap". Entertainment Focus. March 24, 2012.
- "The Voice UK: Week 2 Recap". iMedia Monkey. March 31, 2012.
- "The Voice UK: Week 3 Recap". iMedia Monkey. April 7, 2012.
- "The Voice UK: Week 4 Recap". iMedia Monkey. April 14, 2012.
- "'The Voice' UK battle advisors confirmed". MTV. Retrieved 8 April 2012.
- "Saturday Battles songlist revealed". Digital Spy. 2012-04-21.
- "Sunday Battles songlist revealed". Digital Spy. 2012-04-22.
- Hooton, Christopher (2012-04-29). "Lana Del Rey's The Voice UK performance gets mixed reaction | Metro News". Metro.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-04-14.
- stacie mcwilliams says: (2012-05-06). "The Voice 2012: Emeli Sandé dresses down for ‘My Kind Of Love’ performance (VIDEO)". Unreality TV. Retrieved 2013-04-14.
- Hooton, Christopher (2012-05-13). "The Scissor Sisters' high voltage performance on The Voice UK causes blackout | Metro News". Metro.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-04-14.
- "The Voice UK: Paloma Faith gives an amazing live performance of 'Picking Up the Pieces' (VIDEO)". Unreality TV. 2012-05-20. Retrieved 2013-04-14.
- Fitzmaurice, Sarah. "What an entrance! Cheryl Cole swan dives onto stage in a leopard print bra-let and colourful genie trousers to debut Call My Name on The Voice". Daily Mail (London).
- "Cheryl and Kylie Minogue confirmed for 'The Voice UK' semi-fimal". Digital Spy. 2012-05-18.
- "Maroon 5, Ed Sheeran for 'The Voice UK' final". Digital Spy. 2012-05-26.
- "First live show: Song choices + group performance revealed". Digital Spy. 2012-04-27.
- "Team Danny and Jessie: Group Performance". The Voice UK at the BBC. BBC.co.uk. Retrieved 3 May 2012.
- "First live show: Result". Digital Spy. 2012-04-28.
- "Second live show: Song choices". Digital Spy. 2012-05-06.
- "Fourth live show: Song choices". tellymix.co.uk. 2012-05-19.
- "Fourth live show: Result". tellymix.co.uk. 2012-05-20.
- "Semi-Final: song choice". Digital Spy. 2012-05-26.
- Published Friday, Jun 1 2012, 16:34 BST (2012-06-01). "'The Voice' Final songlist revealed: Michael Jackson, James Brown - The Voice News - Reality TV". Digital Spy. Retrieved 2013-04-14.
- "The Voice UK Final songlist choices revealed". Digital Spy. 2012-06-02.
- "Weekly Top 30 Programmes". Broadcasters' Audience Research Board. Retrieved 24 March 2012.
- Millar, Paul (25 March 2012). "'The Voice' UK, 'Britain's Got Talent' launch with colossal ratings". Retrieved 25 March 2012.
- Millar, Paul (1 April 2012). "'The Voice' UK, 'Britain's Got Talent' ratings soar in second week". Retrieved 1 April 2012.
- Millar, Paul (8 April 2012). "'The Voice' UK closes ratings gap on 'Britain's Got Talent'". Retrieved 8 April 2012.
- Millar, Paul (15 April 2012). "'The Voice' UK overtakes 'Britain's Got Talent' in ratings". Retrieved 15 April 2012.
- Millar, Paul (22 April 2012). "Britain's Got Talent pips The Voice as ratings battle intensifies". Retrieved 22 April 2012.
- Millar, Paul (23 April 2012). "'The Voice' UK tops 10 million for first Sunday night show". Retrieved 23 April 2012.
- Millar, Paul (29 April 2012). "'Britain's Got Talent' extends lead over 'The Voice' UK". Retrieved 29 April 2012.
- Millar, Paul (30 April 2012). "'The Voice' UK first results show draws 8.6 million". Retrieved 30 April 2012.
- Millar, Paul (6 May 2012). "'The Voice' UK anchored BBC One's night with 8.16m". Retrieved 6 May 2012.
- Millar, Paul (7 May 2012). "'Homeland' first season bows out in style with nearly 3m for C4". Retrieved 7 May 2012.
- Millar, Paul (13 May 2012). "'Britain's Got Talent' final is most watched show of 2012". Retrieved 13 May 2012.
- Millar, Paul (14 May 2012). "'The Voice' UK outshines 'Emmerdale' in Sunday clash". Retrieved 14 May 2012.
- Millar, Paul (20 May 2012). "'The Voice' UK live show chaos watched by 5.7m". Retrieved 20 May 2012.
- Millar, Paul (21 May 2012). "Brenda Blethyn's 'Vera' records its highest ever audience for ITV". Retrieved 21 May 2012.
- Millar, Paul (27 May 2012). "Eurovision Song Contest overpowers England, Norway match in ratings". Retrieved 27 May 2012.
- Millar, Paul (28 May 2012). "Robbie Williams's Soccer Aid more popular than BAFTAs on Sunday night". Retrieved 28 May 2012.
- Millar, Paul (6 June 2012). "Leanne Mitchell's 'Voice' UK win seen by 8.7m". Retrieved 6 June 2012.
- Fletcher, Alex (20 March 2012). "'The Voice' is a karaoke competition, says BBC DJ Paul Gambaccini". Digital Spy. Hearst Magazines UK. Retrieved 23 April 2013.