The Vortex Bar & Grill
The Vortex Bar and Grill is a restaurant in Atlanta, Georgia, with two locations, in Midtown on Peachtree Street, originally opened in 1992, and Little Five Points, opened in 1996 and distinguished by the large "Laughing Skull" entrance. The restaurant is famous for its burgers and has been featured on Season 1 of the Travel Channel's Man vs. Food.
More recently, the Midtown location has also become the home of the Laughing Skull Lounge, a small comedy club and theatre.
In Pop Culture
- The Little Five Points restaurant appears as a meeting place in Frost Moon by Anthony Francis.
- It also appears in Charity Langley's fictional novel Wicked Intentions as the main character's favorite restaurant.
- "The Vortex Bar & Grill - Burger Lovers Valhalla". Burger Conquest. 27 February 2009. Retrieved 9 December 2010.
- "The Double Bypass Burger at The Vortex Bar & Grill on Man v Food". Eat Me Daily. 21 Jan 2009. Retrieved 9 December 2010.
- Noah Gardenswartz (23 May 2009). "Laughing Skull Lounge stands up for intown comedy". Creative Loafing. Retrieved 9 December 2010.