From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from The Waking of Angantyr)
The French poet Leconte de Lisle adapted the Hervararkviða as he wrote a poem entitled L’Épée d’Angantyr ("Angantyr's sword").
- A translation with comments on Old Norse, Todd B Krause & Jonathan Slocum
- A translation into English by WH Auden & AR Taylor
- A translation at Stavacademy
- English translation from 1763
- Smith-Dampier "The Waking of Angantheow" (from The Norse King's Bridal, 1912)
- (in French) L’Épée d’Angantyr
- Parallel English/original text, translated by Christopher Tolkien
- Else Roesdahl (Editor), Sorensen Preben Meulengracht (Editor), Preben Meulengracht Sorensen (Editor), The Waking of Angantyr: The Scandinavian Past in European Culture (ISBN 87-7288-435-5)
- Lee M Hollander: The Most Important Non-Skaldic Verse Not Included in the Elder Edda, Columbia University Press, 1936 
- Patricia Terry: Poems of the Elder Edda (University of Pennsylvania Press, 1990).