The Walking Dead: Road to Survival
|The Walking Dead: Road to Survival|
|Developer(s)||IUGO Mobile Entertainment|
The Walking Dead: Road to Survival is a role-playing game for Android and iOS, based on the comic book series The Walking Dead by Robert Kirkman, as well as the story of The Walking Dead TV series writer Jay Bonansinga. Road to Survival was developed by Scopely and co-created with IUGO Mobile Entertainment.
On December 10, 2015, Scopely combined with Telltale Games to use some of their characters from The Walking Dead and made adaptations of scenes from episodes in the game as well as additional tie-ins featuring the same characters, in the Scopely release.
Gamezebo described the game as a "mature role-playing game"', in their First Impression Review, comparing the gameplay to Clash of Clans. Modojo stated that it was a 'clone of other resource management sims' that are already available on the mobile platform, describing it also as a "mature [role-playing game]", more so than an "action game".
The game went to number 1 on the iOS App Store upon release.
Scopely reported that so far more walkers have been killed in gameplay than the entire population of Australia.
- "Walking Dead creator releases new iOS game 'Road to Survival' - 9to5Mac". 9to5Mac.
- "The Walking Dead: Road to Survival First Impressions". Gamezebo.
- "The Walking Dead: Road To Survival Launches on IOS".
- "The Walking Dead: Road to Survival debuts for mobile gamers - Fortune". Fortune.
- [dead link]
- "The Walking Dead: Road to Survival Is A "Mature" Mobile RPG". Modojo.com.
- "The Walking Dead: Road To Survival Already No. 1 On iOS". App Trigger.
- "Scopely". scopely.com.