The Walt Disney Company France
|Subsidiary of Public corporation|
|Jean-François Camilleri (president, country manager, France & Benelux)|
|Website||The Walt Disney Company France|
The Walt Disney Company France, formerly Buena Vista International France, is one of The Walt Disney Company's international divisions and also European divisions. The Walt Disney Company France is headquartered in Paris, the capital of France. The company owns and operates French versions of Disney Channel, Disney XD, Playhouse Disney, and Disney Cinemagic (which became Disney Cinema in May of 2015) . Jean-François Camilleri is head of the company. The Walt Disney Company France also produces content as well with other media companies.
Gaumont Buena Vista International
Gaumont and Buena Vista International formed Gaumont Buena Vista International, their joint venture French distribution company, in 1992. In March 1997 a Disney Channel is launched in France also serving Luxembourg, Switzerland.
After the July 2001 purchase of Fox Family Worldwide, Disney also got a major ownership interest in Fox Kids Europe which included Fox Kids in France. Fox Kids switch over to Jetix in August 2004.
Disney Channel +1, a timeshift channel, and Playhouse Disney channel launched in 2002. As of June 30, 2004, BVPD and Gamount dissolved their French distribution joint venture, Gaumont Buena Vista International.
Buena Vista International France
On November 30, 2008 at 8:30 PM, Disney Cinemagic HD debuted in France broadcasting on CANALSAT from 6am to 1am daily making the channel the first "children and family HDTV channel in a French market".
Jean-Francois Camilleri, head of the company had the company acquire March of the Penguins for the French market. Buena Vista International France also managed to obtain a 20% ownership stake in the French version of the film. However, Buena Vista Pictures Distribution's bid to distribute the film in the US ultimately failed. At the formation of Disneynature film unit, Camilleri was placing in charge of the unit.
Walt Disney Company France
In 2011, Disney Channel HD premieres and Disney Junior replaced the Playhouse channels. Disney Cinemagic in France was replaced by Disney Cinema in May 2015. In 2012, a Disneynature TV cable channel was launched in France. It is currently carried by France Telecom.
- Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures France
- Disney XD (France)
- Disney Channel (France)
- Disney Cinema
- Disney Télévision France
- Disney Junior (France) (formerly Playhouse Disney (France))
- Disneyland Paris
- "Columbia TriStar forges Gaumont deal for France.". Hollywood Reporter. February 3, 2004. Retrieved September 11, 2015 – via Highbeam Business.
- "A Salute to Disney Channel: Disney Channel time line". Kidscreen.com. April 1, 1998. Retrieved March 8, 2014.
- "Company: THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY FRANCE SA". MAVISE. European Audiovisual Observatory. Retrieved April 17, 2014.
- "Fox Kids Europe becomes Jetix to appeal to boys". Brand Republic. campaignlive.co.uk. August 20, 2004. Retrieved September 11, 2015.
- campaignlive.co.uk. (August 20, 2004) Fox Kids Europe becomes Jetix to appeal to boys. Brand Republic.
- "TV Channel: Disney Junior". MAVISE Database. European Audiovisual Observatory. Retrieved July 20, 2014.
- Andy Merrett (November 30, 2007). "Disney Cinemagic HD launching in France tonight". Shiny Digital. Retrieved December 19, 2013.
- Steven Kim (2007). "Disney Cinemagic HD launches in France". AOL Inc. Retrieved December 19, 2013.
- Carvajal, Doreen (September 28, 2005). "Compared With Their Filmmakers, the Penguins Have It Easy". The New York Times. Retrieved January 6, 2017.
- Eller, Claudia; Dawn C. Chmielewski (April 22, 2008). "Disney gets back to nature". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved October 30, 2013.
- "New Disney channel launches in France". TBI Vision. Retrieved 3 September 2015.
- "TV Channel: Disney Nature TV". MAVISE. European Audiovisual Observatory. Retrieved July 8, 2014.
- "Disney Channel/NRJ into kids web radio". Rapid TV News. 8 February 2010. Retrieved 2011-05-01.
- "Le 28 Mai, Playhouse Disney devient Disney Junior!" (in French). The Walt Disney Company France. 19 April 2011. Retrieved 2011-05-01.
- "Disneyland Paris shuts ride after accident -official". Reuters. 25 April 2011. Retrieved 2011-05-01.
- "Disney launches branded video services in France". Kidscreen. 5 April 2011. Retrieved 2011-05-01.
- "Jetix France rebrands as Disney XD". C21 Media. 17 February 2009. Retrieved 2011-05-01.
- "Turner's de Semlyen resurfaces at Fox Kids". C21 Media. 28 March 2004. Retrieved 2011-05-01.
- "New head for Fox Kids France". C21 Media. 14 January 2004. Retrieved 2011-05-01.
- "Channeling Dali to Make Destino". Animation World Network. 29 September 2003. Retrieved 2011-05-11.