From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from The Wanderers)
|Look up Wanderer or wanderer in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Wanderer, Wanderers, or The Wanderer may refer to:
- Itinerant people, who wander from place to place with no permanent home, or are vagrant
- Wanderer butterflies, certain wide-ranging brush-footed butterflies:
- Wanderer (car), a German automobile manufacturer in the interwar period
- The Wanderer, an alternate name for the Wandering Jew
- The Wanderer (Leiber novel), Hugo-award-winning novel by Fritz Leiber
- The Wanderer (newspaper), a Catholic national weekly based in Minnesota
- The Wanderer (Massachusetts newspaper), a weekly newspaper in southeastern Massachusetts
- World Wide Web Wanderer, an early web crawler
- Wanderer (AROS), a user interface based on Zune widget toolkit
- Peredvizhniki (The Wanderers), a group of Russian artists
- Carl Wanderer (1895-1921), American murderer
Novels and books
- The Wanderer (1814 novel), a novel by Frances Burney, full title The Wanderer; or, Female Difficulties
- Wanderers, a 1909 Knut Hamsun anthology including the translated novels A Wanderer Plays on Muted Strings (1909) and Under the Autumn Star (1906)
- The Wanderer or Le Grand Meaulnes, a 1913 novel by Alain-Fournier
- The Wanderer (Waltari novel), a 1949 novel by Mika Waltari
- The Wanderer (1953 novel), a children's novel by Monica Edwards
- Wanderer, the 1963 autobiography by Sterling Hayden
- The Wanderer (Leiber novel), 1964
- The Wanderers (Price novel), a 1974 novel by Richard Price
- The Wanderers (Rimland novel), a 1977 novel by Ingrid Rimland
- Wanderer (novel), a 1985 science fiction novel by Dennis Schmidt
- The Wanderer (Sharon Creech novel), a 2000 novel by Sharon Creech
- The Wanderers (Howrey novel), a 2017 novel by Meg Howrey
- "The Wanderer" (poem), an Old English poem
- "The Wanderer", a 1726 poem by Richard Savage
- "The Wanderer" (Maykov poem), a poem by Apollon Maykov first published in 1867
- "The Wanderer", a poem by John Masefield (1878-1967), inspired by the ship Wanderer (ship, 1891)
- "The Wanderer", a 1921 poem by Henry Lane Eno
- Der Wanderer, an 1816 song by Franz Schubert
- Wanderer Fantasy, a fantasy for piano by Franz Schubert
- The Wanderer, the god Wotan in Wagner's opera Siegfried
- "The Wanderer" or "Po dikim stepyam Zabaikalya", a Russian folk song
- "The Wanderer" (Dion song), a 1961 song by Dion covered by many other artists
- The Wanderer (Donna Summer album), a Donna Summer album from 1980
- The Wanderers, a 1981 punk band established by Stiv Bators
- The Wanderer, a 1988 album by Kevin Rowland
- "The Wanderer" (U2 song), a 1993 song by U2 with lead vocals by Johnny Cash
- The Wanderer (O.A.R. album), 1997
- "The Wanderer", song by Emperor from their 1997 album Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk
- "Spotless Mind", a song about being a wanderer by Jhené Aiko
- "The Wanderer", song and album (2001) by Karunesh
- The Wanderer (Holy Blood album), 2002
- The Wanderer, a 2005 piece for a cappella voices by Ezequiel Viñao
- "Wanderer", 2007 song by the band Ensiferum on the album Victory Songs Song
- Wanderer, a 2011 Celtic relaxing album by Adrian von Ziegler
- Wanderer (Heaven Shall Burn album), a 2016 album by Heaven Shall Burn
- "Wanderer", a 2016 song from the album Jomsviking by the Swedish melodic death metal band Amon Amarth
Film and television
- The Wanderer (1913 film), silent film
- The Wanderer (1925 film), silent film directed by Raoul Walsh, starring Greta Nissen and Wallace Beery
- The Wanderer (1967 film), French film
- The Wanderers (1979 film), film directed by Philip Kaufman
- Wanderers (2014 film), a 2014 Swedish science fiction short film directed by Erik Wernquist
- The Wanderer in Bulgar, a 1989 rock opera film, performed in Tatar
- The Wanderer (1994 TV series), a 1994 British television series starring Bryan Brown
- The Wanderer (Doctor Who audio), 2012
- The Wanderer, a character in Canadian television series Lost Girl
- Wanderer, a male mallard duck who was Greenie's father in Leafie, a Hen into the Wild.
- Old Wanderers, a cricket ground in Johannesburg, South Africa
- Wanderers Cricket Ground, Windhoek, Namibia
- Wanderers Grounds, a playing ground in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
- Wanderers Stadium, a cricket ground in Johannesburg, South Africa
- Wanderers Athletic Club, an athletics club in Johannesburg, South Africa
- Wanderers Cricket Club, a cricket club in Barbados
- Wanderers F.C., a former English football club, the first winners of the FA Cup
- Wanderers F.C. (rugby union), a rugby union club based in Dublin, Ireland.
- Wanderers Football Club, an Australian rules football club in Marrara, Northern Territory, Australia
- Wanderers is also used as the second part of the name of various sports teams, including:
- Aberdeen Wanderers RFC
- African Wanderers
- Ajax Wanderers R.U.F.C.
- Arsenal Wanderers
- Ballyboden Wanderers GAA
- Birkenhead Wanderers FC (rugby league)
- Bolton Wanderers F.C.
- Bray Wanderers A.F.C.
- Brooklyn Wanderers
- Burton Wanderers F.C.
- Burton Park Wanderers F.C.
- Cashmere Wanderers
- Castaway Wanderers RFC
- Catford Wanderers
- Cray Wanderers F.C.
- Dorking Wanderers F.C.
- Dundee Wanderers F.C.
- Forth Wanderers F.C.
- Gala Wanderers RFC
- Glamorgan Wanderers RFC
- Grafton Wanderers
- Greenock Wanderers RFC
- Halifax Wanderers
- Hamilton Wanderers
- Hartford Wanderers RFC
- Havelock North Wanderers
- Ipswich Wanderers F.C.
- Llanelli Wanderers RFC
- Manzini Wanderers F.C.
- Montevideo Wanderers F.C.
- Montreal Wanderers
- Montreal Wanderers RFC
- Moseley Wanderers
- MTL Wanderers
- Mufulira Wanderers F.C.
- Murrayfield Wanderers RFC
- Nithsdale Wanderers F.C.
- NS Wanderers RC
- Old Hill Wanderers F.C.
- Pembroke Wanderers Hockey Club
- Public School Wanderers
- S.K. Victoria Wanderers F.C.
- Santiago Wanderers
- Scottish Wanderers Football Club
- Shropshire Wanderers F.C.
- Sliema Wanderers F.C.
- St Cuthbert Wanderers F.C.
- Sudbury Wanderers F.C.
- Warstones Wanderers F.C.
- Western Sydney Wanderers FC
- Western Sydney Wanderers FC W-League
- Wexford Wanderers RFC
- Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C.
- Wolverhampton Wanderers W.F.C.
- Woolpack Wanderers F.C.
- Wycombe Wanderers F.C.
- Pearson Wanderer, a 30-foot sailboat designed by Bill Shaw
- Wanderer (sailing dinghy), a 14-foot sailing dinghy designed by Ian Proctor
individual boat and ships:
- The Wanderer (slave ship, 1857), a ship involved in the illegal trans-Atlantic slave trade in the 1850s
- Wanderer (steam yacht), built in 1878 and later HMS Sealark
- Wanderer (ship, 1891), a four-masted steel barque, which inspired John Masefield to write the poem Wanderer and was eventually run down by German steamship Gertrud Woermann on April 14, 1907.
- Wanderer (ship, 1893), ex-Gracie S., an 1893-built San Francisco pilot boat until 1947, later bought by Sterling Hayden and used for his voyage to Tahiti
- Wanderer, a 16-foot Wayfarer dinghy sailed by travelogue writer Frank Dye
- Wanderer, schooner sailed by Benjamin Boyd (1796–1851), a Scottish-Australian explorer
several naval vessels:
- HMS Wanderer, a British destroyer of World War II vintage
- USS Wanderer, the name of several United States Navy ships
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Wanderer.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.