The War of Art (book)
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (August 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The book's cover.
|Original title||The War of Art|
|Publisher||Black Irish Books|
Published in English
The War of Art is a 2002 non-fiction book written by the American author Steven Pressfield. Within it, Pressfield highlights the different forms of Resistance faced by artists, entrepreneurs, athletes, and others, who are trying to break through its barriers.  The book has a follow-up titled Do The Work.
The Amazon Book Description says: "A succinct, engaging, and practical guide for succeeding in any creative sphere, The War of Art is nothing less than Sun-Tzu for the soul. What keeps so many of us from doing what we long to do? Why is there a naysayer within? How can we avoid the roadblocks of any creative endeavor—be it starting up a dream business venture, writing a novel, or painting a masterpiece? Bestselling novelist Steven Pressfield identifies the enemy that every one of us must face, outlines a battle plan to conquer this internal foe, then pinpoints just how to achieve the greatest success. The War of Art emphasizes the resolve needed to recognize and overcome the obstacles of ambition and then effectively shows how to reach the highest level of creative discipline. Think of it as tough love . . . for yourself. Whether an artist, writer or business person, this simple, personal, and no-nonsense book will inspire you to seize the potential of your life."
- "Steven Pressfield Official Website - The War of Art". Steven Pressfield. Retrieved May 7, 2012.
- Moore, Suzie. "6 Reasons Critics Are Awesome". Huffington Post.
- Clark, Val (Aug 2, 2014). "Viva la Resistance". Dubbo Photonews.
- Carlson, Lucas. "These Are The Avoidable Mistakes Startup Founders Make Again And Again". Business Insider.
- Pressfield, Steven. "About". Retrieved May 2, 2012.
- "Official Amazon Page". Amazon. Retrieved May 6, 2013.
|This article about a political book is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|