The Watch (TV series)
|Written by||Rhianna Pratchett|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
The Watch is a British fantasy police procedural television series under development. It is to be based on the stories about the Ankh-Morpork City Watch from the Discworld series of fantasy novels by Terry Pratchett.
The Watch was announced in 2011 as being developed by Prime Focus Productions, which previously created three two-part television adaptations of Discworld novels. It was later reported to be produced by Pratchett's own TV production company, Narrativia, which he founded in 2012 and which was led by Rod Brown, the erstwhile head of Prime Focus.
The series has been variously reported to be written − under Pratchett's oversight − by either Terry Jones and Gavin Scott or by Guy Burt, and to have a budget of either £13 to £15 million or £26 million for its projected run of thirteen 60-minutes episodes. Pratchett's daughter Rhianna will be a co-writer. No broadcast date has been announced. In September 2014, Pratchett's agent Colin Smythe informed in Prague that the script is in development and shooting is to commence in 2015.[better source needed]
Following Sir Terry's death, his PA Rob Wilkins stated that pre-production was still ongoing, but that no further announcements would be made until filming had begun. October 06, 2016, Rihanna Pratchett confirmed in an interview that the project was still ongoing.
Setting and plot
Set in the fictional Discworld's principal city of Ankh-Morpork, The Watch has been described by Terry Pratchett as a "Pratchett-style CSI". It is to have an episodic storyline, following the format of a "crime of the week" as tackled by the city's police force under the command of Sam Vimes.
- Connelly, Brendon (14 March 2011). "Terry Pratchett's Discworld Being Adapted To Crime-Of-The-Week Mystery TV Series". Bleeding Cool. Retrieved 15 October 2012.
- Kanter, Jake (1 October 2012). "Sir Terry Pratchett launches indie". Broadcast. Retrieved 15 October 2012.
- Shaw-Williams, Hannah (2 October 2012). "More About Terry Pratchett's Discworld TV Show, The Watch". Bleeding Cool. Retrieved 15 October 2012.
- "Terry Pratchett: My daughter Rhianna will take over the Discworld when I'm gone". New Statesman. 14 November 2012. Retrieved 14 November 2012.
- "26. 09. 2014 - NOVINKY OD COLINA SMYTHE, AGENTA TERRYHO PRATCHETTA". http://www.discworld.cz. Prague. 26 September 2014. Archived from the original on 31 October 2014.
Městská hlídka – “CSI: Ankh-Morpork” - série 12x1h epizod. Projekt je nastartován, scénář se neustále vylepšuje, natáčet by se mělo buď v Londýně nebo v blízkém okolí. Může se s tím ale začít až v roce 2015 kvůli rozpočtovému plánu BBC. Dobrou zprávou ale je, že na odvysílání prvního dílu nebudeme muset čekat až na konec natáčení, epizody by měly být uvolněny do vysílání postupně.
|last1=in Authors list (help); External link in
- "Editorial". Discworld Monthly. November 2015. Retrieved 28 February 2016.
- "Meet Rhianna Pratchett - The woman behind the Lara Croft backstory". 2016-10-06. Retrieved 2016-10-06.
- "Terry Pratchett Talks Discworld-Inspired TV Show, New Book Dodger". WIRED magazine. 12 October 2012. Retrieved 15 October 2012.