The Way He Makes Me Feel
|"The Way He Makes Me Feel"|
|Single by Barbra Streisand|
|from the album Yentl (soundtrack)|
|Songwriter(s)||Alan Bergman, Marilyn Bergman (words), Michel Legrand (music)|
|Producer(s)||Phil Ramone, Dave Grusin|
|Barbra Streisand singles chronology|
"The Way He Makes Me Feel" is the title of a popular song from 1983 performed by Barbra Streisand. The song is featured in the film adaptation of the play Yentl, in which Streisand starred and sang most of the music. The lyrics were written by Alan and Marilyn Bergman, with music by Michel Legrand.
Along with another song from Yentl ("Papa, Can You Hear Me?"), "The Way He Makes Me Feel" was nominated for an Academy Award in the category Best Original Song. Both tunes lost the Oscar to "Flashdance...What a Feeling".
"The Way He Makes Me Feel" was released as a single in a slightly different and more contemporary version than the one on the soundtrack to the film. It reached number 40 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart and spent two weeks at number one on the adult contemporary chart. This was Streisand's eighth (and, to date, final) number-one song on the Billboard adult contemporary chart.
|Canadian Top Singles (RPM)||34|
|Canadian Adult Contemporary (RPM)||1|
|US Billboard Hot 100||40|
|US Adult Contemporary (Billboard)||1|
- Hyatt, Wesley (1999). The Billboard Book of #1 Adult Contemporary Hits (Billboard Publications)
- "RPM Top Singles - Volume 39, No. 17 December 24, 1983". Archived from the original on April 14, 2016. Retrieved April 14, 2016.. RPM (magazine)
- "RPM Adult Contemporary - Volume 39, No. 16 December 17, 1983". RPM (magazine). Archived from the original on April 14, 2016.
- "Barbra Streisand – Chart history" Billboard Hot 100 for Barbra Streisand. Retrieved March 6, 2016.
- "Barbra Streisand – Chart history" Billboard Adult Contemporary for Barbra Streisand. Retrieved March 6, 2016.