The Weblog Awards (Wizbang)
The Weblog Awards, presented by Kevin Aylward's Wizbang LLC, were a set of annual blog awards that were presented beginning in 2003. They were one of the largest blog awards, with winners determined through internet voting by the public, and were covered by many major news organizations. The awards have been described as a "right-wing response to the Bloggies."
The last year of the Weblog Awards was 2008. Owing to the cost of running the project, the awards have been discontinued.
- Seipp, Catherine (2004-12-24). "The Fish-in-a-Barrel Left". National Review Online. Archived from the original on 2007-03-25.
- Niles, Robert (2005-02-15). "Blog awards: Like blogs, they're diverse, global and freewheeling". Online Journalism Review.
- Hearn, Louisa (2005-12-20). "DailyKos scoops best blog title". Sydney Morning Herald.
- Madrigal, Alexis (2007-11-09). "Dueling Sites Top Conservative Run Weblog Awards". Wired.
- Aylward, Kevin (2010-01-04). "Update - The 2009 Weblog Awards are off". The Weblog Awards.
|This World Wide Web–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|