|Western Hotel and Casino|
|Location||Las Vegas, NV 89101|
|Address||899 Fremont Street|
|No. of rooms||116|
|Total gaming space||8,925 sq ft (829.2 m2)|
|Previous names||Western Hotel & Bingo Parlor|
Jackie Gaughan sold the hotel to Barrick Gaming in March 2004. The plans called for redeveloping the Western Hotel as a Latino destination resort. At the time, the AP said about the property, "On a stretch of despair that tourists in Las Vegas seldom see, the Western Hotel-Casino stands out as a beacon for the broke and nearly broken".
In 2005, The Tamares Group acquired total control of the hotel and casino through a lease from Barrick. In 2010 the hotel portion completely closed and redevelopment still remains uncertain to this day.
- "Western Casino - Las Vegas". Western Casino. Retrieved 2008-03-02.
- "NEVADA GAMING COMMISSION database of square footage of casinos" (PDF). Retrieved 2008-12-08.
- "Jackie Gaughan's Four Downtown Las Vegas Hotel-casinos Acquired by Barrick Gaming for $82 million". March 1, 2004.
- "Gritty Western Casino Survives in 'Underbelly' of Las Vegas". 30 June 2004.
- "Downtown Western Casino closing after 41 years". November 15, 2011.
- Eli Segall (March 21, 2013). "Tony Hsieh's group buys shuttered downtown casino for $14 million". Vegas Inc. Retrieved 2013-03-21.