From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from The Whale (film))
|Look up whale in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A whale is a sea mammal.
Whale or The Whale may also refer to:
- The Whale, the alternative title of Herman Melville's novel Moby-Dick
- "The Whale" (poem), an Old English poem
- Tobias Whale, a comic book villain
- Tannin (monster), a Levantine sea monster translated as "whale" in the King James Version of the Bible
- Whale (improbable), a minor character in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
- Whale (band), a Swedish alternative rock band
- "The Whale" (Electric Light Orchestra song) on the album Out of the Blue
- "The Whale" (Tavener), a cantata by John Tavener
- "Whales", a song by Scale the Summit from the album The Collective
- "Whale", a song by Yellow Ostrich from the album "Mistress"
- Whale Cove, Nunavut, Canada
- Whale Island, New Zealand
- Whale Island, in the Torres Strait, Australia
- Bay of Whales, Ross Ice Shelf, Antarctica
Film and television
- Whale (film), a 1970 Bulgarian comedy
- The Whale (2011 film), a 2011 documentary film
- The Whale (2013 film), a 2013 BBC television film
- "The Whale" (The Office), an episode of the US TV series The Office
- Hartford Whalers, a former NHL franchise nicknamed "The Whale"
- Chicago Whales, a professional baseball team in the Federal League in 1914 and 1915
- Connecticut Whale, a current American Hockey League franchise
- Irish Whales or "The Whales", nickname of a group of Irish and Irish-American athletes who dominated weight-throwing events in the early 20th century
- Ingalls Rink, Yale University, an ice hockey rink commonly referred to as "The Whale"
- USS Whale, ships of the US Navy
- A-3 Skywarrior, a carrier-based aircraft nicknamed "The Whale"
- Operation Whale, two aborted World War II-era German intelligence plans
- Whale (surname)
- Brian Roberts (Australian rules footballer), an Australian football player known as "The Whale"
- Cetus, a constellation also known as "The Whale"
- "whale", slang for a high roller at a casino
- "whale", slang for a high-spending player of free-to-play video games
- Whale (ship), a sloop which disappeared in 1816
- Whale (computer virus)
- The Whale, a housing project by Danish West 8
- W.H.A.L.E., a fictional vehicle in the G.I. Joe universe
- Waterfront Historic Area League (WHALE)
- an unofficial name for Cthulhu Regio on Pluto
- Wales, a country of the United Kingdom
- Whale barnacle, a mollusk
- Whale louse, a parasitic crustacean
- Whale shark, a fish
- Wael, Arabic surname
- Wail, commune in France
- Wale (disambiguation)
- Wales (disambiguation)
- Whaling, the hunting of whales
- WAAL, a New York radio station
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Whale.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.