The Whitehouse (pub)
The Whitehouse, April 2010
|Location||183-185 Duke Street, Liverpool, Merseyside, England|
|Designated||6 July 2004|
The Whitehouse is a Grade II listed building in Duke Street, Liverpool, England. The side of the building had an image of a giant rat holding a marker pen by graffiti artist Banksy. In February 2010, the pub sold for £114,000 at auction, but has since been turned into a bar and restaurant called Yardbird, following the removal and sale of the rat mural.
- Listed Buildings Online - The Whitehouse
- "Banksy graffiti of giant machine gun-toting rat DOUBLES the value of a derelict pub". dailymail. London. 2008-10-31. Retrieved 2010-02-18.
- "Banksy rat boosts pub sale price". bbc. 2008-10-31. Retrieved 2010-02-18.
- "Liverpool Banksy rat pub building sold for £114,000 at auction". liverpooldailypost. Retrieved 2010-02-18.
- Liverpool Echo (24 April 2014). "Banksy's Liverpool Rat to be auctioned on Sunday - Liverpool Echo". Liverpool Echo. Retrieved 17 March 2016.
|This article about a listed building in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Merseyside building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|