|Agency||Crispin Porter + Bogusky|
|Directed by||Bryan Buckley|
The commercials premiered during Super Bowl XL and featured the King orchestrating a Broadway-style show, reminiscent of The Rockettes' Shows, featuring women dressed as burger condiments and toppings. The King is featured "directing" the show. The commercial was shot in a warehouse in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. It took a total of five days to complete the shooting of it. Brooke Burke was cast as the role of the Top Bun in this commercial.
After the commercials were over, the audience had the ability to go onto The Whopperettes website and create their own show. The website allows the user to enter their name and what condiments they prefer on their Whopper, and once they finish that, they can watch their show that they customized to their liking.
The staff who played roles in producing this commercial include the following:
- Creative Director : Rob Reilly
- Director : Bryan Buckley
- Production Company : Hungry Man Productions, NYC
- Costume Designer : Angus Strathie
- Choreographer : Michael Rooney
- Howard, Theresa (2006-01-20). "Burger King to send extended ad to customers of Sprint phone video". USA TODAY.
- La Monica, Paul (2006-02-02). "Super Bowl advertisers hope for extra-large laughs". CNN Money.
- "The Super Bowl's Super Ads". ABC News. 2006-02-05.
- "Burger King BK — The Whopperettes - (2006)". Adland.com. Retrieved 31 October 2013.
- "Whopperettes Cast". Burger King Brands. Retrieved 31 October 2013.
- "Super Bowl Ad 2006: Burger King and the Whopperettes". Yahoo. Retrieved 31 October 2013.
- "Burger King tests new customizable website". Nation's Restaurant News. Retrieved 31 October 2013.
|This advertising-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|