The Wild Chase
|This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|The Wild Chase|
|Merrie Melodies (Speedy Gonzales/Sylvester the Cat/ Wile E. Coyote and The Road Runner) series|
|Directed by||Friz Freleng
|Produced by||David DePatie
|Story by||Friz Freleng (unc.)|
|Voices by||Mel Blanc|
|Music by||Bill Lava|
|Animation by||Norm McCabe
|Layouts by||Dick Ung|
|Backgrounds by||Tom O'Loughlin|
|Distributed by||Warner Bros.
The Vitaphone Corporation
|Release date(s)||February 27, 1965|
|Running time||6 min (one reel)|
The Wild Chase is a Warner Bros. Merrie Melodies short produced by DePatie-Freleng Enterprises featuring Speedy Gonzales and Sylvester the Cat, with Wile E. Coyote and The Road Runner along for the race. It was directed by Friz Freleng and Hawley Pratt, and was released February 27, 1965. This cartoon was the only Wile E. Coyote/Road Runner cartoon to be directed by either Freleng or Pratt, who specialized in Speedy and Sylvester cartoons.
This the only Speedy Gonzales short to feature Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner, and the final time Speedy appears without Daffy Duck.
Speedy Gonzales, the fastest mouse in all of Mexico, races against the Road Runner, the Texas road burner. During the race, Sylvester the Cat and Wile E Coyote combine forces in an attempt to catch their speedy nemeses, with predictable results. Often they mistakenly end up injuring each other in comical fashion.
1. As the race starts Coyote chases after Road Runner only to run into a cloud of dust and fall off the cliff. Sylvester tries the same thing only to find Speedy on the other side of the cliff, which Road Runner to scares him off the cliff.
2. As the racers are coming Coyote and Sylvester catapult rocks to flatten them but this backfires when the rocks crash into each other and lands on Sylvester and Coyote instead.
3. The duo then places iron pellets under bird seed and leaves slices of cheese, while the racers eat the two attach a grenade to roller skate with a magnet but only the magnet part of the roller skate leaves and when Coyote checks the grenade blows up in his face.
4. Coyote rolls a flat rock to flatten the racers but the rock doesn't move it stays and the edge of the cliff Coyote attempts to make it drop but it doesn't move Sylvester comes and they jump on it the rock finally drops the two of them off the cliff.
5. The duo decide to blow up the bridge as the racers are coming but as coyote is placing the dynamite it explodes.
6. Finally, they use a rocket car to chase Speedy Gonzales and the Road Runner, but they drive past them and finish first to win the race, however, nobody gets the trophy. They then fly into the air as the rocket car explodes as the "The End" card fades in.
|This Merrie Melodies–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|