The Winston Churchill School, Woking
|Motto||Service before self|
|DfE URN||125314 Tables|
|Publication||Read it Write|
The Winston Churchill School is a comprehensive, secondary school in Woking, England. The school was established in 1967. It is near Knaphill, Bisley, West End, Brookwood and Pirbright. The school holds Specialist Sports College status.
The Winston Churchill School is a "Good" school (OFSTED January 2015) with GCSE results above the national average. "The curriculum is a strength of the school...teaching is good with aspects that are outstanding...students behaviour both in and out of classrooms is good" and "students feel safe & secure". http://reports.ofsted.gov.uk/inspection-reports/find-inspection-report/provider/ELS/125314
Teaching occurs during one-hour lessons with P.E. lessons twice a week (more frequent for P.E. GCSE students) with extra sport, P.E. and "enrichment" style activities (in the form of after-school clubs).
Notable alumni and faculty
- Sam Underwood, TV actor (Dexter, Homeland, The Following)
- Peter Davison, TV actor
- Sue Nettle, former Lady Mayoress of Salisbury
- Philip Gould, Baron Gould of Brookwood, Architect of New Labour
- Winston Churchill sport college details
- OFSTED. "School inspection report". OFSTED. OFSTED. Retrieved 22 March 2015.
- Duffell, Beth (18 October 2013). "Homeland role as young Woking actor heads for big time". getSurrey. Retrieved 28 December 2014.
- The Independent (December 1998). "Education: Passed/Failed Philip Gould".