The Wolf at the Door
|The Wolf at the Door|
|Directed by||Henning Carlsen|
|Starring||Donald Sutherland |
Max Von Sydow
|Music by||Roger Bourland|
The Wolf at the Door (Danish: Oviri, French: Gauguin, le loup dans le soleil) is a 1986 Danish-French biographical drama film written and directed by Henning Carlsen. It is based on real life events of French artist Paul Gauguin. It was entered into the main competition at the 43rd Venice International Film Festival.
- Donald Sutherland as Paul Gauguin
- Max von Sydow as August Strindberg
- Sofie Gråbøl as Judith Molard
- Jean Yanne as William Molard
- Valeri Glandut as Annah
- Ghita Nørby as Ida Molard
- Merete Voldstedlund as Mette Gad
- Fanny Bastien as Juliette Huet
- Jørgen Reenberg as Eduard Brandes
- Henrik Larsen as Julien Leclercq
- Yves Barsacq as Edgar Degas
- Luis Rego
- "The Wolf at the Door". Turner Classic Movies. Atlanta: Turner Broadcasting Company. Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- John Sundholm (2012). Historical Dictionary of Scandinavian Cinema. Scarecrow Press. ISBN 978-0810855243.
- Tullio Kezich (1986-09-05). "Ritratto di ragazza che muore d'amore". La Repubblica. p. 17. Retrieved 28 August 2014.
|This 1980s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a biographical film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|