The Women of Our Home
|The Women of Our Home|
|Also known as||My Bittersweet Life
Women in Our House
|Genre||Drama, Romance, Family|
|Written by||Yoo Yoon-kyung|
|Directed by||Jeon Chang-geun|
|Country of origin||South Korea|
|No. of episodes||125|
|Running time||30 minutes on Mondays to Fridays at 20:25|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)
|Original release||16 May– 4 November 2011|
|Preceded by||Smile Again|
|Followed by||Just You|
|official KBS website||http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/homewomen/|
The Women of Our Home (Hangul: 우리집 여자들 ; RR: Urijip Yeojadeul) is a South Korean television series starring Jung Eun-chae, Jay Kim, Yoon A-jung and Choi Min. It aired on KBS1 from May 16, 2011 to November 4, 2011 on Mondays to Fridays at 20:25 for 125 episodes.
Go Eun-nim is a girl in her 20s who lives with her great-grandmother and grandmother. She barely managed to graduate from college and now struggles to find a job. Her father died when she was a child, then her mother ran away to marry another man. Eun-nim and Choi Joon-young grew up together; Eun-nim's grandmother had taken in Joon-young and his mother after seeing her suffer at the hands of her husband. Though they treat each other as siblings, Joon-young slowly begins to see Eun-nim as a woman. Eun-nim is cheery and energetic outside, but deep in her heart, her longing for her mother and loneliness grow stronger as time goes by. By chance, Eun-nim gets hired as an intern at an organic food company, Green Love. There, Eun-nim meets Lee Se-in, the third generation offspring of a conglomerate. As the heir of the business, Se-in studied in America and has looks, brains, and wealth; he is also selfish, spoiled and immature. Meanwhile, Hong Joo-mi is also the picture of perfection; proud, confident, beautiful, and unused to failure, Joo-mi went to the best schools and is now the youngest team leader at Chairman Lee's company. At first, Eun-mi and Se-in quarrel everyday over nothing and everything, but in the end, they fall in love with each other. But one day, her mother appears after all these years and asks Eun-nim to donate her bone marrow, to save the life of her son...
- Jung Eun-chae as Go Eun-nim
- Jay Kim as Lee Se-in
- Yoon A-jung as Hong Joo-mi
- Choi Min as Choi Joon-young
- Eun-nim's family
- Se-in's family
- Kim Sung-kyum as Chairman Lee
- Kim Byung-se as Cha Sung-joo
- Lee Hee-do as Lee Yong-ho
- Yang Hee-kyung as Heo In-ae
- Yoo So-young as Lee Se-ra
- Joo-mi's family
- Lee Hye-sook as Geum Hwa-yeon
- Kang Nam-gil as Hong Kyu-man
- Choi Jae-won as Hong Kyu-young
- Kang So-ra as Hong Yoon-mi
- Choi Won-hong as Hong Jin
- Extended cast
- Min Joon-hyun as Journalist Kim
- Choi Eun-suk as house owner
- Hong, Lucia (16 August 2011). "Bittersweet My Life takes back No. 1 spot on weekly TV charts". 10Asia. Retrieved 2013-05-07.
- Hong, Lucia (29 August 2011). "My Bittersweet Life regains top spot on weekly TV charts". 10Asia. Retrieved 2013-05-07.
- Hong, Lucia (5 September 2011). "My Bittersweet Life continues to pull audiences for 2nd straight week". 10Asia. Retrieved 2013-05-07.
- Hong, Lucia (14 September 2011). "My Bittersweet Life puts up strong ratings for 3rd straight week". 10Asia. Retrieved 2013-05-07.
- Hong, Lucia (26 September 2011). "My Bittersweet Life and Ojakgyo Brothers go head-to-head on TV charts". 10Asia. Retrieved 2013-05-07.
- Hong, Lucia (22 March 2012). "TRAX Jay to enter military next week". 10Asia. Retrieved 2013-05-07.