The Wonderful World of Dissocia
The Wonderful World of Dissocia is a play written and directed by Anthony Neilson about a young woman suffering from dissociative disorder. The idea was originally workshopped with a group of students at LAMDA in 2002 but was later re-written and produced for the Glasgow's Tron Theatre at the Edinburgh International Festival in 2004. The play won Neilson the 2004-5 CATS award for Best New Play and the production secured Best Director award for Neilsen, Best Actress award for Christine Entwisle (Lisa) and Best Design for Miriam Buether. In December 2009 The List magazine included the work in its "Best of a Decade" compilation. It toured England in 2007, making its London debut at the Royal Court Theatre in March 2007.
The United States première was at the Profiles Theater, North Broadway Street, Chicago, on 26 March 2009. The Sydney Theatre Company mounted a production at The Wharf Theatre, Sydney, Australia, on 18 April 2009. The Latin American première was at Mediterránea Café Teatro, Buenos Aires, Argentina, on 20 March 2015. 
A musical adaptation is being workshopped ahead of performances in May 2017 with students of the Single Honours Musical Theatre course at University of Chichester.
The play is in two contrasting acts, with the first a vivid and colourful recreation of Lisa's dream-like imaginary life and the second a realistic presentation of the hospital ward in which she is receiving treatment. In this way the play attempts to give the audience a notion of how the condition affects the sufferer.
- Neilson, Anthony (2007). "Foreword". The Wonderful World of Dissocia/Realism. London: Methuen. ISBN 978-0-7136-8715-6.
- "Critics' Awards For Theatre in Scotland 2004-05 Winners". Retrieved 3 December 2009.
- "Best of a decade: Timeline". The List. Edinburgh. 2 December 2009. Retrieved 3 December 2009.
- Billington, Michael (2 April 2007). "The Wonderful World of Dissocia". The Guardian. Retrieved 20 April 2009.
- "The Wonderful World of Dissocia". Australian Stage. April 2009.
- Jones, Chris (31 March 2009). "Dissocia at Profiles: the most outrageous current show in Chicago". Theater Loop. Retrieved 20 April 2009.
- Time Out Buenos Aires (19 March 2015) https://www.facebook.com/timeoutba/posts/901502096569363
- Cavendish, Dominic (6 April 2007). "Inspired lunacy in la-la land". Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 3 June 2013.