The World Centre
|The World Centre|
|Location||330 Gil Puyat Avenue, Salcedo Village, Makati, Philippines|
|Owner||Megaworld Properties & Holdings, Inc.|
|Management||Megaworld Land Inc.|
|Antenna spire||152.4 m (500.00 ft)|
|Floor count||30 aboveground, 5 belowground|
|Lifts/elevators||7 passenger, 1 service|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Skidmore, Owings and Merrill; W.V. Coscoluella & Associates|
|Structural engineer||Ove Arup & Partners|
The World Centre is an office skyscraper located in Makati, Philippines. It is owned by Megaworld Corp. It stands at 152.4 metres (500 feet), and is located on the largest central business district of the country.
The World Centre building was designed and planned by Filipino architectural firm W.V. Coscolluela & Associates, in cooperation with international architectural firm Skidmore, Owings and Merrill. Structural engineering consultancy work was done by Ove Arup and Partners. The building's exterior is clad with glossy curtain walls, and has a spire for communications and transmission. The building also has a helicopter deck area at the roof deck.
The World Centre houses the embassy of the People's Republic of China, Malaysia and Norway.
- Emporis.com The World Centre, Makati
- Skyscraperpage.com The World Centre, Makati
- Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat Tallest Buildings in the Philippines (as of June 2009) Archived March 4, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- HLURB website List of Makati Projects
- The Manila Standard World Centre to open next month - October 29, 1996
- Megaworld International The World Centre
- Dot.com.ph Megaworld Properties & Holdings, Inc.
- Alvis Realty The World Centre