The World of Cars Online
|The World of Cars Online|
|Developer(s)||Disney Interactive Studios|
|Designer(s)||The Walt Disney Company|
|Engine||Adobe Flash Player|
|Platform(s)||Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X|
The World of Cars Online was a virtual world racing video game based on the Cars film series. The game was under development with Open Beta, which launched on March 1, 2010. There was a sneak peek of the World of Cars called the Test Track which started in October 2008 and ended in November 2009 to make way for Open Beta. The site launched on June 29, 2010. Each car was given 2,010 coins, an Open Beta Participant Badge, and a Founder Badge. The game was closed down by Disney on February 8, 2012. 
The World of Cars Online allowed users to customize their own car, chat with other players, decorate their own yard, race against friends, and complete different quests with all of their favorite movie characters. There were also different mini games to earn coins such as Mater's Tractor Tipping. As users explored and played games, they earned badges such as a Tractor Tipping Badge. The website also hinted that it might be possible to be other vehicles like trains and fire trucks.
Racing was a main component of the World of Cars Online. Besides racing for different quests against computer players, users were able to participate in multi-player racing against friends. Hazards were used to slow down other players behind you. Examples of Hazards would be an oil spill and a hay bale. Different Hazards were available to obtain from Sarge.
- Sparks (December 23, 2009). "Happy Holidays!". World of Cars: Pit Crew News. Archived from the original on September 2, 2011.
- Sparks (November 20, 2009). "IT'S SPARKING TIME!". World of Cars: Pit Crew News. Archived from the original on September 2, 2011.
We had to take down the old Test Track Racing and Garage to make way for our new World.
- "World of Cars Online". Disney. Archived from the original on January 15, 2012. Retrieved February 8, 2017.
- C. Chmielewski, Dawn; Fritz, Ben (October 17, 2012). "Disney Interactive loses Club Penguin founder Lane Merrifield". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved February 8, 2017.
- "Playing With Cars". World of Cars: Pit Crew News. October 6, 2009. Archived from the original on October 6, 2011.
- "Bragging Badges". World of Cars: Pit Crew News. December 17, 2009. Archived from the original on September 2, 2011.
- "Slipping, Blasting, and Booming". World of Cars: Pit Crew News. December 10, 2009. Archived from the original on September 2, 2011.
- Official Website archived on February 10, 2011