Promotional poster for The X-Family
|Also known as||終極一家
zhōng jí yī jiā
|Genre||School, Comedy, Fantasy, Action, Romance, Wuxia|
|Created by||Qi Yang Lin|
|Directed by||Zheng De Hua
Lin Qing Fang
Chen Bo Zheng
Na Wei Xun
Chen De Xiu
|Opening theme||"出神入化" (Chu Shen Ru Hua) by Fahrenheit|
|Ending theme||"最愛還是你" (Zui Ai Hai Shi Ni) by Danson Tang (episodes 1-30)
"不會愛" (Bu Hui Ai) by Fahrenheit (episodes 31-55)
|Country of origin||Republic of China (Taiwan)|
|No. of episodes||55 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Wang Xin Gui (王信貴), Wang Chuan Ren (王傳仁)|
|Producer(s)||Chen Zi Han (陳芷涵), Jerry Feng (馮家瑞)|
|Running time||45 mins|
|Production company(s)||Comic International Productions|
|Original network||Gala Television (GTV)|
|Original release||8 August– 23 October 2007|
|Preceded by||KO One|
|Followed by||K.O.3an Guo|
|Related shows||The X-Dormitory|
The X-Family (traditional Chinese: 終極一家; simplified Chinese: 终极一家; pinyin: zhōng jí yī jiā) is a Taiwanese drama starring Pauline Lan, Jiro Wang, Danson Tang, Sunnie Huang, Calvin Chen, and Aaron Yan. It is a sequel to 2005 series KO One and was produced by Comic International Productions (可米國際影視事業股份有限公司). The series started filming in June 2006 and wrapped in April 2007. It was broadcast on cable TV Gala Television (GTV) Variety Show/CH 28 (八大綜合台) on 8 August 2007 to 23 October 2007.
The prequel KO One was broadcast on 26 November 2005 to 27 May 2006 and a threequel, K.O.3an Guo was broadcast on 28 February 2009 to 27 February 2010, on cable TV Gala Television (GTV) Variety Show/CH 28 (八大綜合台).
Beside our own time-space, there are eleven other dimensions that exist side by side with Mojie, a dimension where evil resides. Mojie has taken over ten of these dimensions in a series of showdowns between good and evil. However, the inter-dimensional war for the Gold dimension resulted in a tie in which both Mojie forces and KO fighters suffered great damages. Now, the story continues in the Iron dimension where the outcome has yet to be decided.
Xiu was in charged with the mission to find KO fighters’ alternate selves in his corresponding Iron dimension in order to restore their powers and turn the tide against the dark forces. His search leads him to a boy named Xia Tian, Wang Da Dong's counterpart, who has the potential to become a savior of worlds, a Zhong Ji Tie Ke Ren.
Xia Tian’s incredible power is sealed away by a Feng Long Tie on his neck making him essentially a Ma Gua. Any attempt to use his power would awaken Gui Long, an evil entity in him. But, Gui Long is not the only obstacle Xia Tian has to overcome to become the Zhong Ji Tie Ke Ren. His family’s objections and his own lack of interest in becoming the savior of worlds is another. However, his attitude begins to change after he meets a girl from his childhood, Han. To save her life, he boldly goes into Mie to recover her soul. Then and there, he realizes he needs to become stronger so he could protect those he loves.
Although Xia Tian has the determination to become the Zhong Ji Tie Ke Ren, he must go through many more tests and trials that will break his bones and his heart before he could be the one.
Also, the actors make references by casually talking about how to act a certain way, use scriptwriting threats, and the production team. This is used for a subtle humour tactic in the story.
- Xia Xiong (夏雄)
Mother of Xia Yu (夏宇), Xia Tian (夏天), and Xia Mei (夏美).
As the sole bread winner in the family and owner of a truck company, she takes on the roles that traditionally belong to fathers and sons.
Despite her tough exterior, she desires the closeness and comfort of a normal family life.
She wants her children to lead normal lives, so she sealed Xia Tian and Xia Mei's powers with a pair of "Feng Long Tie" (封龍貼 / Seal Dragon Patch) since they were young. Among her 3 children, she worries about Xia Tian the most.
She loves to cook, but most people are repulsed by her cooking because she makes the worst food and would do anything just to avoid eating it. The only people who enjoy her cooking are Demon Hunter, Jiu Wu and herself, which explains why she doesn't stop making food even though everybody else protests about her cooking.
She divorced Ye Si Ren because he was irresponsible as a father and unfaithful as a husband. But though her marriage fell apart years ago, she still loves Ye Si Ren and desires his company. When Ye Si Ren reveals his identity as a member of the evil Ye He Na La Family, she finally expresses her true feelings and the two of them become closer than before. But obstacles don't stop coming in-between them from what has happened.
In the initial episodes, she wears a metal glove called "Qilin Shou" (麒麟手 / Qilin Glove) to cast a family spell called "Qi Lin Mai Chong Guang Tao Can" (麒麟脈衝光套餐).
Later, she uses a gun named "Wu Feng" (烏風 / Zaocys), which was given to her by the God of Guns years ago.
Xia Tian (Summer in translation) is a sweet kid with a good heart, but he often gets taken advantage of due to his naivety. Though he is born with powerful abilities, he dislikes using them.
He dreams to follow his father’s footsteps and become a musician, an idea which his mother strongly opposes to initially. But he convinces her to allow him to follow his dream.
Since he made little effort in controlling his powerful but unstable abilities, a "Feng Long Tie" (封龍貼) was placed on his neck making him no different from a "Ma Gua" (麻瓜 / Muggle).
Xiu believes Xia Tian has the potential to become a "Zhong Ji Tie Ke Ren" (終極鐵克人/ Ultimate Iron Man), a savior of worlds, so he taught Xia Tian how to play guitar and control Gui Long (鬼龍 / Ghostly Dragon) - his evil half with greater power, who on several occasions, attempts to destroy Xia Tian in order to become the dominant personality.
His biggest motivation for developing his power and guitar skills is Han, a girl that he met when he was a child and has liked her ever since.
When he takes off the Feng Long Tie, he transforms into Gui Long and becomes unable to control his actions. Gui Long's main weapon is a guitar pick called "Gui Long Pi Ke" (鬼龍鎞克 / Gui Long Guitar Pick).
- Lan Ling Wang (蘭陵王)
Lan Ling Wang was once a highly trained soldier and commander for the Ye He Na La family. His clothing is almost an exact duplicate to the Final Fantasy VII character, Cloud Strife. His lifestyle is pretty retro.
When Lan Ling Wang first appears in the story, he just appears and disappears around the Xia family and Dong Cheng Wei (東城衛), and was ordered to find "Sou Hun Qu" (蒐魂曲 / Soul Collecting Melody) and "Xi Hun Qu" (洗魂曲 / Soul Cleansing Melody).
His family was killed when he softened to the Xia Lan Xing De family, and tried to take revenge on the killer. But he has his powers drained by a "Gui Ling Yan Huo Qiu" (鬼靈焰火球 / Ghostly Fireball) and becomes a Ma Gua (麻瓜) for a time throughout the series, until the Master of the Ye He Na La family executes his plan to dominate the world, and Lan Ling Wang casts an ancient spell to ruin his plan, and as result displaces the Ye Ha Na La family's power and had his powers restored.
When Lan Ling Wang first lost his powers, he finds out that someone had put a "Qi Xin Zhou" (七星咒 / Seven Stars Curse) on his family six generations ago. And if he, the seventh generation, cannot lift the curse before the eighth generation is born, then the following generations will lose their true powers and become slaves of the Ye He Na La Family forever. But if he can lift it, he will gather up the energy of hatred that his ancestors have collected over the centuries and turn him into a "Zhong Ji Tie Ke Ren" (終極鐵克人 / Ultimate Iron Man).
Lan Ling Wang carries a sword from the spiritual realm known as "Lan Ling Zhan" (攔靈斬), and can use it to gather destructive energy and produce a powerful blast called "Fen Jian Da Fa" (弅劍大法), which can eliminate everything within 100 miles, including himself.
- Jiu Wu (灸舞)
Jiu Wu (sounds like ninety-five) is the newly ascended ruler of the Iron Dimension. An organization called Tie Ke Jin Wei Jun (鐵克禁衛軍 / The Iron Imperial Army) is under his control to protect the Iron Dimension.
When he first appears, he has a deep, strange voice which makes him seem powerful and out of the ordinary. But after about twelve episodes, his powerful voice returned to a normal one.
He has a younger brother named Jiu Lai, who has the appearance of an old man due to his misuse of supernatural powers. Because he rarely reveals himself, people that know his brother assume that their appearances and ages would be alike; some even refer their names to be similar.
As the ruler, his main responsibility is to preserve "Fang Hu Ci Chang" (防護磁場 / Defense Magnetic Shield) that protects their world from outside attacks: if he gets hurt, the shield will weaken allowing evils to invade their world; but as he keeps on preserving the force field, it also weakens him in the process, making him unable to use his powers under certain circumstances.
Jiu Wu has been famous since young for his "Jiu Bu Qin Gui Shou" (九步擒鬼手), which indicates the ability to find the opponent's Achilles' Heel within nine steps. No one has ever escaped this attack until he meets the father of the Ye He Na La Family.
- Xia Liu (夏流)
The playful grandfather of Xia Tian (夏天), Xia Yu (夏宇) and Xia Mei (夏美); and the head of the family.
Xia Liu (because his name sounds like "pervert" (下流), his name is often dragged into that theme) literally sleeps under the house as the entrance to his bedroom is located under the living room table. Xia Liu is the guardian of the entrance to the ghostly dimension, Mie (滅). He may be senile, but he is also the most powerful member in the family: that is before Xia Tian becomes the superior member. His lack of memories is sometimes part of what made the show interesting.
Removing people's memories is one of Xia Liu's many abilities, and is the first one to be used on screen.
His main weapon is a pair of cymbals called "Ke Mo Ba" (剋魔鈸), which he uses to attack with sound waves and to cast spells. His most notable attacks are eight spells that are mainly used for fighting evils, called "Xiang Mo Ba Jue" (降魔八訣).
- Ye Si Ren (葉思仁)
Ex-husband of Xia Xiong (夏雄), and father of Xia Tian (夏天), Xia Yu (夏宇) and Xia Mei (夏美).
Ye Si Ren (sounds close to "死人" / Dead Man) owns a pub called "The Ass Pub" (老屁股) and is a very gifted musician.
Because of his naïvety and unfaithfulness, he and Xia Xiong's marriage ended years ago, but he still has feelings for her as demonstrated by his interference with Xia Xiong's dates. Even though he was not a very good husband, he is a very good father, and will do anything in his capacity to protect his family.
From the start, he appears as a Ma Gua (麻瓜) to everybody, but when Xia Yu's dark powers begin to manifest, he reveals himself as the head member of the Ye He Na La family (葉赫那啦家族) and plays the Xi Hun Qu (洗魂曲 / Soul Cleansing Melody) in order to cleanse Xia Yu's evil instincts and powers.
Xia Yu is the eldest child. He rarely worries his mother. As a student majoring in law and finance at National Taiwan University, he is great with money and handles the family budget, and is also a money-lover. He always cooks and takes care of his younger siblings during his mother's absence.
Despite being the person everyone trusts and relies on, he resents being the only "Ma Gua" (麻瓜) in the family and doing the menial jobs around the home.
Evil sees his jealousy and uses that to turn him evil by giving him a ring to absorb other people's powers. The ring unwittingly unlocks Xia Yu's sealed power. As it turns out, he is not a Ma Gua by birth. Rather, his father secretly sealed his power upon birth because he exhibited the pure evil genes. When he fully comes into his powers, his dark instincts start to take over. The situation forces his father to use "Xi Hun Qu" (洗魂曲 / Soul Cleansing Melody) to cleanse his soul and seal his power again, which they remain until his paternal grandfather's plan of world domination backfires causing a beam of dark energy to strike directly at him, turning him into "Gui Feng" (鬼鳳 / Ghostly Phoenix).
The youngest child and only daughter of Xia Xiong and Ye Si Ren. Despite being born in a powerful magic family, Xia Mei is the only base-levelled power-user, which makes her the least powerful member in the family. Nevertheless, she is strongest among lower-level power-users.
Initially, she has a crush on Xiu, the guitarist in the band Dong Cheng Wei (東城衛), but later falls for Lan Ling Wang. She is so obsessed with Lan Ling Wang that she is willing to sacrifice anything for him.
By ripping off her Feng Long Tie (封龍貼) partially, Xia Mei becomes able to use her power of electricity to attack people; Ren Chen Wen often falls victim to her power of electricity. However, since her powers belong to basic level, she cannot do any serious damage.
When she rips off her Feng Long Tie completely, she becomes Gui Wa (鬼娃 / Ghostly Doll), and becomes able to scare people with Zhen Zi (貞子 - a demon from the movie "The Ring"), a ghost-like demon with pale skin and a green glow, which she cojures with a little puppet that appears along when she transforms.
- Xiu (脩)
Xiu is the leader and guitarist in the band, Dong Cheng Wei (東城衛).
At first he thought that Xia Tian was just a Ma Gua (麻瓜), but when he sensed his special powers he started suspecting that Xia Tian might have the potential to become the legendary Zhong Ji Tie Ke Ren (終極鐵克人), so he becomes Xia Tian's guitar teacher and later trainer.
Xiu has the ability to force someone to act according to his commands, a spell that every member in his family is capable of.
His special weapon is a guitar pick called "Shen Feng Pi Ke" (神風鎞克 / God's Wind Guitar Pick), which has the power to increase its master's magical abilities and produce healing energy.
- Han (寒)
Han is the girl Xia Tian met and saved from a gang of naughty kids when she was young. She then gave him her hairpin as a gift, and the two became friends. After her mom died, she was abducted by evil power-users. Xia Tian has missed her since she disappeared, thinking that she moved away.
Years later, Han reappears when Xia Tian and his father are attacked by loan sharks and unwittingly rescues them (although she does hit Xia Tian on the head).
He recognizes her as soon as he sees the picture that he took with her and her mom on the same day he rescued her. However, she has completely forgotten about her friendship with Xia Tian along with everything else that happened before she was kidnapped.
Han has the power to read one's mind and uses a pair of drumsticks known as "Jing Lei" (驚雷 / Frightening Thunder) as primary weapons, into which she has transferred her soul in order to make them both powerful and spiritual.
a Chord used to be the lead singer of the band Dong Cheng Wei (東城衛). He is somewhat of a funny guy, who does not know the appropriate time to talk.
a Chord's primary weapon is a tuning fork called the "Gui Zhan Yin Cha" (鬼戰音叉), which he uses to attack with sound waves.
Yi Neng Families
- The Xia Lan Xing De Family (夏蘭荇德家族)
A family of powerful warriors, who carry the responsibilities to protect the Feng Long Ka, a family heirloom that holds the secret of Zhong Ji Tie Ke Ren (Ultimate Iron Man), which is kept secret from the magical world. The eldest family member also guards the entrance to the ghostly dimension Mie, a dimension where spirits and demons prevail. It is one of the most reputable families in the Iron Dimension.
Xia Liu (夏流)
Xia Xiong (夏雄)
Xia Yu (夏宇), Xia Tian (夏天) and Xia Mei (夏美)
- Dead members:
Two unnamed ancestors (兩個無名祖先)
- The Ye He Na La Family (葉赫那啦家族)
Centuries ago, it was just an ordinary family with special powers. But they surrendered to the darkness and eventually became a dark family. Their goal is to steal the Feng Long Ka from the Xia Lan Xing De family. To prevent their descendants from becoming demons, the ancestors of Ye He Na La created Zhen Mo San Bu Qu (鎮魔三部曲 / The Demon Suppressing Symphony) that can help their descendants get rid of their evil nature - the Soul Collecting Melody (蒐魂曲), the Soul Cleansing Melody (洗魂曲) and the Soul Calming Melody (安魂曲). Near the end of the story, this family's power is destroyed and all the remaining members are scattered.
Ye Si Ren (葉思仁) & Ye Si Si (葉思思)
Xia Yu (夏宇), Xia Tian (夏天) and Xia Mei (夏美)
- Dead members:
Ye He Na La Teng (葉赫那拉 腾)
Ye He Na La Xiong Ba (葉赫那啦 雄霸)
- The Hu Yan Jue Luo Family (呼延覺羅家族)
A family of powerful warriors who use musical instruments as weapons. All the family members specialise in She Xin Shu (攝心術), a spell that controls a person. Because they used to be very similar to the Han Ke La Ma family, many generations in these families joined together in marriage until one of these generations caused a genetic hatred, which was passed on to the later generations. However, in the recent generation, they have learned to overcome that family hatred and become friends again. The members of this family are known as the assistants and protectors of the legendary Zhong Ji Tie Ke Ren (終極鐵克人).
- Dead members:
Hu Yan Jue Luo Tie Le Shi (呼延覺羅鐵勒士)
Hu Yan Jue Luo Huan (呼延覺羅 喚)
- The Han Ke La Ma Family (韓克拉瑪家族)
A family of powerful female warriors who also use musical instruments as weapons, in which they put their souls: this is their strongest and weakest point. The Han Ke La Ma family's members all specialise in Rei De You Mai En (蕊德尤邁恩 / Read Your Mind), a spell that allows them to read a person's mind by touching them and saying out the spell. Because they used to be very similar to the Hu Yan Jue Luo family, many generations in these families joined together in marriage until one of these generations caused a genetic hatred, which was passed on to the later generations. However, in the recent generation, they have learned to overcome that family hatred and become friends again.
- Dead members:
Han Ke La Ma Mian Mian Bing (韓克拉瑪 綿綿冰)
Han Ke La Ma Nana (韓克拉瑪 那那)
Bing Xin (冰心)
- The Gu La Yi Er Family (古拉依爾家族)
This family has sworn to serve the Ye He Na La family for eternity. Centuries ago, a curse was put upon them, and if the seventh generation cannot find a way to lift the curse, then the following generations will never be able to receive their family's powers and will be forever controlled by the Ye He Na La family. This family has almost been fully eliminated, with Lan Ling Wang as the sole remaining descendant.
Lan Ling Wang (蘭陵王)
- Dead members:
Gu La Yi Er Zhou Wang (古拉依爾 宙王)
- The Jiu Da Zhang Lao Family (灸亣镸荖家族)
A family of powerful warriors who have served the protection of the Iron Dimension for a long time. Powerful though every generation has been, they had lived short lives.
- The Ren Ren Wan Nong Family (任秂完弄家族)
A family with lower level magic. These family members are good at finding people.
Ren Ren Wan Nong cheng wen )(任 ren wan nong cheng wen
- Dead members:Ren Ren Wan Nong Wo Xing 任秂完弄 我行)
- The Mei Shan Lu Yong Family (槑珊麓苚 家族)
A family with lower level magic.
- The Tie Ke Jin Wei Jun (鐵克禁衛軍)
- Also known as "the Iron Imperial Army"; it is an organization that works together to maintain the safety of the Iron Dimension and at the same time serve as the society of the magical world. The organization consists of 4 bands - Dong Cheng Wei (東城衛), Nan Cheng Wei (南城衛), Xi Cheng Wei (西城衛) and Bei Cheng Wei (北城衛). They work together with the Meng Zhu (盟主 / Ruler) to maintain the safety of the Iron Dimension. Dong Cheng Wei is the Main Band of the Tie Ke Jin Wei Jun (鐵克禁衛軍).
Jiu Wu (灸舞), Xiu (脩), Xia Tian (夏天), a Chord, Deng (鐙), Ming (冥) and Jie (戒).
- 坎綽勱脬佤 CONTROL MY POWER 嗚啦巴哈 → 鬼控術: Helps someone control a power that cannot be controlled. This spell can sometimes be referred to as an ability. This spell has been used by Xia Tian (夏天) and Xia Yu (夏宇).
- 離之咒 CRUMBLE 嗚拉巴哈 → 使萬物歸於原始狀態: Disrupts 回之咒 and takes away the energy from the one who cast 回之咒. This spell can only be cast on a specific day at a specific time. It is this spell that restored Lan Ling Wang's powers as well as making Xia Yu come into his own. This spell has been used by Lan Ling Wang (蘭陵王).
- 氏腮缹 DECIPHER 嗚啦巴哈 → 異能破解術: Shields the user from the spell to be controlled by others. This spell has been used by Han (寒).
- 伊蕊斯蕊外 ERASE REWIND 嗚啦巴哈 → 倒帶刪除術: Erases the memories of the target. This spell has been used by Xia Liu (夏流).
- 飛映殤德 FILL IN THUNDER 嗚啦巴哈 → 連擊式雷擊術: Enables the user to attack with powerful thunder or fight in lightning speed. This spell has been used by Han (寒).
- 伏擂姆殤德 FLAM THUNDER 嗚啦巴哈 → 裝點式雷擊術: Shoots a beam of thunder energy out of the user's weapon. This spell has been used by Han (寒).
- 芣恪廝 FOCUS 嗚啦巴哈 → 專注術: Amplifies the target's ability to focus. This spell has been used by Xiu (脩), Jiu Wu (灸舞), Jiu Lai (灸萊) and Demon Hunter (斬魔獵士).
- 伏瑞斯 FREEZE 嗚啦巴哈 → 凝結術: Immobilizes the target's motions. Of all the spells throughout the series, this is the one that has been used the most. This spell has been used by Xia Xiong (夏雄), Xiu (脩), Xia Liu (夏流), a Chord, Xia Tian (夏天) and an invisible demon.
- 馬賽克 MOSAIC 嗚啦巴哈 → 馬賽克氣場盾: Creates a mosaic around the user's face. It is notably the least useful power. This spell has been used by Ren Chen Wen (任晨文) and Xia Yu (夏宇).
- 謬特 MUTE 嗚啦巴哈 → 靜音術: Makes the target unable to speak. This spell has been used by Xia Xiong (夏雄), Xia Liu (夏流) and Xia Tian (夏天).
- 派喇笛多殤德 PARADIDDLE THUNDER 嗚啦巴哈 → 重點式雷擊術: Creates a powerful energy that attacks with thunder. This spell has been used by Han (寒).
- 蕊德尤邁恩 READ U MIND 嗚啦巴哈 → 讀心術: Allows the user to read his/her target's mind. This spell has been used by Han (寒).
- 蕊力ㄈ RELIEF 嗚啦巴哈 → 解除術: Reverses all spells. This spell has been used by Xia Xiong (夏雄), Xiu (脩), Xia Liu (夏流) and Xia Yu (夏宇).
- 蕊辟特 REPEAT 嗚啦巴哈 → 重複術: Makes the target repeat its actions. This spell has been used by Xia Xiong (夏雄) and Xia Yu (夏宇).
- 銷爾特 SHELTER 嗚啦巴哈 → 氣場防護罩: Creates a shield around the user. This spell has been used by Xia Mei (夏美) and Xiu (脩) in K.O.3an Guo.
- 斯羅摩迅 SLOW MOTION 嗚啦巴哈 → 慢動作術: Makes the target move in slow motion. This spell has been used by Xia Xiong (夏雄) and Xia Liu (夏流).
- 沙氪瘖 SUCK IN 嗚啦巴哈 → 驅動魔借吸取異能: Allows the user to suck powers out of other people. This spell has been used by Xia Yu (夏宇).
- 殤德雷霆 THUNDER LIGHTING 嗚啦巴哈 → 急電術: Allows the user to attack with electricity. If the user's powers aren't strong enough, this spell will not be able to kill the target. This spell has been used by Xia Mei (夏美).
- 樁緦芣 TRANSFER 嗚啦巴哈 → 異能轉移術: Allows the user to transfer his/her powers to someone else, but if this spell is used, the person will die once the powers are transferred. This spell has not been used.
- 威伏點. ZIP → WAVE.ZIP 壓縮傳音術: Allows the speaker to speak in fast speed and for the listeners to be able to understand. Wu La Ba Ha is not required in this spell. This spell has been used by Xiu (脩), Master of the Ye family (老掌門) and Xia Tian (夏天). Wang Da Dong (汪大東) used this spell in K.O.3an Guo.
- 降魔訣第一訣 → 北嗑土海洏 BACK TO HELL 嗚啦巴哈: (驅魔訣) Fends off the evil that attempts to attack. This spell has been used by Xia Liu (夏流).
- 降魔訣第二訣 → 鍶夸浀泆缹 SQUELCH EVIL 嗚啦巴哈: (鎮魔訣) Paralyzes the target. This spell has been used by Xia Liu (夏流).
- 降魔訣第三訣 → 合臻圍伏 HERTZIAN WAVES 嗚啦巴哈: (拘魔訣) An capturing spell used against evil. Most notable for making the target unable to fight. This spell has been used by Xia Liu (夏流).
- 降魔訣第四訣: (劀魔訣) One of Xia Liu's spells created to fight evils. This spell has not been used.
- 降魔訣第五訣: (磔魔訣) One of Xia Liu's spells created to fight evils. This spell has not been used.
- 降魔訣第六訣: (劈魔訣) One of Xia Liu's spells created to fight evils. This spell has not been used.
- 降魔訣第七訣: (裂魔訣) One of Xia Liu's spells created to fight evils. This spell has not been used.
- 降魔訣第八訣: (與魔共毀訣) One of Xia Liu's spells that is created to fight evils. Of all eight spells, this is the most dangerous as it is capable of killing the opponent and the caster himself. This spell has not been used.
- 麒麟脈衝光套餐 → 一號餐分光套餐嗚啦巴哈: Used with the Qilin Glove (麒麟手) to create beam of light. This spell has been used by Xia Xiong (夏雄).
- 麒麟脈衝光套餐 → 二號餐散光套餐嗚啦巴哈: One of Xia Xiong's special spells used with the Qilin Glove (麒麟手). This spell has not been used.
- 麒麟脈衝光套餐 → 三號餐聚光套餐 嗚拉巴哈: Attacks with a light bolt formed by the Qilin Glove (麒麟手). This spell is used by Xia Xiong (夏雄).
- 麒麟脈衝光套餐 → 四號餐束光套餐嗚啦巴哈: One of Xia Xiong's special spells used with the Qilin Glove (麒麟手). This spell has not been used.
- 麒麟脈衝光套餐 → 五號餐疾光套餐嗚啦巴哈: One of Xia Xiong's special spells used with the Qilin Glove (麒麟手). This spell has not been used.
- 麒麟脈衝光套餐 → 六號餐銀光套餐嗚啦巴哈: One of Xia Xiong's special spells used with the Qilin Glove (麒麟手). This spell has not been used.
- 麒麟脈衝光套餐 → 七號餐瞬光套餐嗚啦巴哈: One of Xia Xiong's special spells used with the Qilin Glove (麒麟手). This spell has not been used.
- 麒麟脈衝光套餐 → 八號餐銀光套餐嗚啦巴哈: One of Xia Xiong's special spells used with the Qilin Glove (麒麟手). This spell has not been used.
- 麒麟脈衝光套餐 → 九號餐星光套餐嗚啦巴哈: One of Xia Xiong's special spells used with the Qilin Glove (麒麟手). This spell has not been used.
- 麒麟脈衝光套餐 → 十號餐悲光套餐嗚啦巴哈: One of Xia Xiong's special spells used with the Qilin Glove (麒麟手). This spell has not been used.
- 夏蘭荇德家族脈衝光套餐全家餐 嗚啦巴哈: Creates an attacking and defending force field combined with the entire family's powers and the Qilin Glove (麒麟手). This spell has been used by Xia Xiong (夏雄), Xia Liu (夏流), Xia Mei (夏美) and Xia Tian (夏天).
- 夏蘭荇德家族脈衝光套餐組合餐 嗚啦巴哈: Creates a defensive and offensive force field in combination with family members, other power-users and the Qilin Glove (麒麟手). This spell has been used by Xia Xiong (夏雄), Xia Tian (夏天), Xia Liu (夏流) and Xia Mei (夏美).
- 問候令尊令堂祖宗八代下流找人術: Allows a group of casters to summon its target by speaking its ancient language. If the first part of the spell does not work, then a language of profane manners is required. Wu La Ba Ha is not required in this spell. This spell has been used by Xia Liu (夏流), Xia Xiong (夏雄), Xia Yu (夏宇), Xia Tian (夏天) and Xia Mei (夏美).
- 縱鶴擒龍嗚啦巴哈 → 縱鶴擒龍術: Creates a hand of energy claws to attack. This spell has been used by Xiu (脩); it is his most powerful attacking spell.
- 攝心術嗚啦巴哈: Forces the target to do the user's bidding without being able to fight back. This spell has been used by Xiu (脩); and once by Xia Yu (夏宇). While Xiu needs to say the spell out loud Xia Yu manages to cast it without saying the words out loud.
- 變種 RH 陰性攝心術: An evil version of She Xin Shu (攝心術) that forces the target to do the user's bidding without being able to fight back. This spell has been used by Vincent.
- 夏蘭荇德家族祖傳 噩運咒 (ba le ba the wu lu wu): A bad luck bringing spell. This curse cannot be relieved by the person who got cursed, someone else have to help him/her to relief the spell. Wu La Ba Ha is not required in this spell. This spell has been used by Xia Liu (夏流).
- 回之咒 嗚拉巴哈 → 父召子咒: A powerful spell used by evil power-users. It is known for transferring enormous energy to the caster, but it has to be performed in a specific ritual to be able to do so. This spell has been used by the Master of the Ye He Na La family (老掌門).
- 混元無極: The ultimate spell cast by Zhong Ji Tie Ke Ren in combination with the original power-users and others. Wu La Ba Ha is not required. This spell has been used by Xia Tian (夏天), Xiu (脩), Xia Yu (夏宇), Han (寒), Lan Ling Wang (蘭陵王), Jiu Wu (灸舞) and the rest of Dong Cheng Wei.
Cast and Production Credits
|Characters||Ma Gua Name||Actor|
|Xia Lan Xing De Xiong (夏蘭荇德 雄)
Xia Lan Xing De ancestor (夏蘭荇德祖先)
|Xia Xiong (夏雄)
|Pauline Lan (藍心湄)|
|Xia Lan Xing De Tian (夏蘭荇德 天)
Gui Long (鬼龍)
Wang Da Dong (汪大東)
|Xia Tian (夏天)
|Jiro Wang (汪東城)|
|Ye He Na La Si Ren (葉赫那啦 思仁)
Duan Chang Ren (斷腸人)
Hei Long (黑龍)
|Ye Si Ren (葉思仁)
|Na Wei Xun (那維勲)|
|Xia Lan Xing De Liu (夏蘭荇德 流)
Xia Lan Xing De ancestor (夏蘭荇德祖先)
|Xia Liu (夏流)
|Chen Bo Zheng (陳博正)|
|Xia Lan Xing De Yu (夏蘭荇德 宇)
Gui Feng (鬼鳳)
|Xia Yu (夏宇)
|Danson Tang (唐禹哲)|
|Xia Lan Xing De Mei (夏蘭荇德 美)
Gui Wa (鬼娃)
|Xia Mei (夏美)
|Sunnie Huang (黃小柔)|
|Gu La Yi Er Lan Ling Wang (古拉依爾 蘭陵王)
Wang Ya Se (王亞瑟)
|Lan Ling Wang (蘭陵王)
|Calvin Chen (辰亦儒)|
|Jiu Da Zhang Lao Wu (灸亣镸荖 舞)
Ding Xiao Yu (丁小雨)
|Jiu Wu (灸舞)
|Aaron Yan (炎亞綸)|
|Hu Yan Jue Lo Xiu (呼延覺羅 脩)
Hu Yan Jue Luo Tie Er Shi (呼延覺羅鐵勒士)
|Hu Yan Xiu (呼延脩)
|Shu Chen (陳德修)|
|Han Ke La Ma Han (韓克拉瑪 寒)
Han Ke La Ma Bing Xin (韓克拉瑪 冰心)
Han Ke La Ma Min Min Bing (韓克拉瑪 綿綿冰)
Bing Xin (冰心)
|Cai Han Cen (蔡函岑)|
|a Chord||none||a Chord (謝和弦)|
|The Great Traveler (神行者)
The God of Guns (槍靈王)
|George Hu (胡宇崴)|
|The Fire Ambassador (火焰使者)||none||Wu Chun (吳尊)|
|Ren Ren Wan Nong Chen Wen (任秂完弄 晨文)||Ren Chen Wen (任晨文)||Zhang Hao Ming (張皓明)|
|Mei San Lu Long Xia Mi (槑珊麓苚 瞎祕)||Xia Mi (瞎祕)||Lu Jian Yu (陸建宇/小辣)|
|Mei San Lu Long Wa Ge (槑珊麓苚 蛙哥)||Wa Ge (蛙哥)||Ah Mai Er (阿脈兒)|
|Jiu Da Zhang Lao Lai (灸亣镸荖 萊)||Jiu Lai (灸萊)||Lin Yi Xun (林奕勳)|
|Ye He Na La Xiong Ba (葉赫那啦 雄霸)||The Master (老掌門)||Wang Dao (王道)|
|Ye He Na La Si Si (葉赫那啦 思思)||Ye Si Si (葉思思)||Li Jie Sheng (李傑聖)|
- X Online (http://ko.gameflier.com/)
- The X-Family: Original TV Soundtrack - August 31, 2007
- The X-Family: Behind the Scene - August 2007
- The X-Family: TV Novel - August 2007
- The X-Family: Cards and envelops - August 22, 2007
- The X-Family: Transparent cards - August 25, 2007
- The X-Family: Stickers - August 25, 2007
- The X-Family: Bookmarks - August 25, 2007
Making of The X-Family
Although, The X-Family had a strong sci-fi/ fantasy feel, the production crew viewed it as a futuristic wuxia film. Their goal was to show the way wuxia would be when it's in the present day and in the future. In the first episode they paid homage to the wuxia genre by having Xiu transfer his energy to the KO Fighters in an effort to restore their powers. This "transferring of energy" to help others is a recurring theme in The X-Family.
While working on this show, the writing team made a conscious effort to continue the comic book theme from KO One, as well as to incorporate video game elements popular with their teenage viewers. To do this, they gave almost all their Iron Dimension characters special powers and weapons that were more powerful than their Gold Dimension counterparts. For example, Lan Ling Wang has "Lan Ling Zhan," a huge sword that can obliterate a city block when his entire life force is channeled into it. While, his Gold Dimension counterpart Wang Ya Se has "Shi Zhong Jian," a little sword in a rock, that merely enhances his fighting power. To show the effects of different powers and weapons, special effects were used, which tagged on additional filming and post-production time. As result, it took eight months, from September 2006 to April 2007, to finish shooting this show.
The plot may be unrealistic, but the characters are partly based on the actors and actresses who portray them. In the show, Dong Cheng Wei (東城衛) is a unit of the Iron Protection Team that protects the Iron Dimension with its music. In real life, Dong Cheng Wei is a rock band started by Chen De Xiu and Jiro Wang back when they were in high school. Xiu is a current member of this band; Jiro is both a member of this band as well as Fahrenheit.
Days before its airing date, a wave of opposition against the show played out on the net. Taiwanese netizens pointed out the costume for the character Lan Ling Wang had a high degree of similarity to the character Cloud Strife in Final Fantasy VII  and blasted the network for its blatant copyright violation. Executive producer Wang Xin Gui was dismayed by the accusation and denied its validity.
Netizens were dissatisfied by the producer’s answer and proceeded to send petitions to boycott the show. The producer responded by issuing a public apology through Comic International Productions Co., Ltd, and stated that they were in the process of negotiating with Square Enix about intellectual property rights. It also stated the similarity between Lan Ling Wang and Cloud Strife was purely coincidental. As result of the uproar, HIM International Music postponed the original soundtrack release date due to its CD album had contained images involved in the copyright dispute. The show and its companion books were released as scheduled.
A third installment titled, K.O.3an Guo (終極三國) was broadcast on 28 February 2009 to 27 February 2010, on cable TV Gala Television (GTV) Variety Show/CH 28 (八大綜合台) and Formosa Television (FTV) (民視) for 53 episodes.
It starred George Hu and other members of Wu Hu Jiang, Chen De Xiu and Kirsten Ren, the little sister of Selina from S.H.E. Jiro Wang, Calvin Chen and Aaron Yan from Fahrenheit appeared as guests stars.
In late 2007, there were rumors of a possible follow-up called X-Street (終極一街) and it will be the final story. In late 2008, it was officially stated that it will not be made.
- (Chinese) GTV The X-Family official homepage
- (Chinese) Fahrenciti.com Jiro Wang filmography profile info Retrieved 2010-11-11
- (Chinese) GTV and Comic International Production Co., Ltd, 終極一家幕後寫真, 152-157.
- (Chinese) GTV and Comic International Production Co., Ltd, 終極一家幕後寫真, 154.
- (Chinese) GTV and Comic International Production Co., Ltd, 終極一家幕後寫真, 152.
- (Chinese) GTV and Comic International Production Co., Ltd, 終極一家幕後寫真, 155.
- (Chinese) Taiwan Final Fantasy No Copy August 6, 2007. Retrieved November 1, 2007.
- (Chinese) To those who love FF7 and hate copycats. August 3, 2007. Retrieved November 01, 2007.
- (Chinese) Producer Wang Xin Gui denies copyright infringement. August 6, 2007. Retrieved November 01, 2007.
- (Chinese) Public apology to Square Enix September 4, 2007. Retrieved November 01, 2007.
- (Chinese) Original Soundtrack release date postponed. August 9, 2007. Retrieved November 01, 2007.