The X Factor Israel
|The X Factor Israel
The X Factor ישראל
|Created by||Simon Cowell|
|Country of origin||Israel|
|Original language(s)||Hebrew, English|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||23 (as of January 14, 2014)|
|Location(s)||Nokia Arena Tel Aviv|
|Running time||60–150 minutes|
|Original release||October 26, 2013 – Ongoing|
|The X Factor Israel|
The X Factor Israel (The X Factor ישראל) is the Israeli version of the British television music competition The X Factor, created by Simon Cowell. The show started airing fall of 2013 on Reshet.
Judges and hosts
The first season was hosted by Israeli fashion model Bar Refaeli. Its judges for the first season of the show were rock singer Rami Fortis, pop singer-songwriter and composer Moshe Peretz, pop and R&B singer Shiri Maimon, and pop singer Ivri Lider.
To date, two series have been broadcast, as summarised below.
Contestant in (or mentor of) "Boys" category
Contestant in (or mentor of) "Girls" category
Contestant in (or mentor of) "Groups" category
Contestant in (or mentor of) "Over 25s" category
|Series||Start||Finish||Winner||Runner-up||Third place||Winning mentor||Presenters||Main judges|
|One||26 October 2013||14 January 2014||Rose Fostanes||Eden Ben Zaken||Ori Shakiv||Shiri Maimon||Bar Refaeli||Rami Fortis
|Two||13 June 2015||Daniel Yafe||Yossi Shitrit||Ana Timofie||Rami Fortis|
Judges' categories and their finalists
In each season, each judge is allocated a category to mentor and chooses a small number of acts (three for season one) to progress to the live shows. This table shows, for each season, which category each judge was allocated and which acts he or she put through to the live shows.
– Winning judge/category. Winners are in bold, eliminated contestants in small font.
|Season||Rami Fortis||Moshe Peretz||Shiri Maimon||Ivri Lider|
Eden Ben Zaken
Tommy & Yan
Ido and Atara
After The Sun
Season 1 (2013-14)
The first season started its run on Saturday, October 26, 2013. The show airs during prime time on Reshet network on Wednesdays and Saturdays. The first episode peaked at 49%, about 1.1 million viewers, making it the highest figure of any Israeli music program. At the end of bootcamp, 20 contestants made it to the judges' houses. Two acts were eliminated from each judge before the live show. The top 12 finalists continued on for the live shows.
Season 2 (2015)
The second started its run on Thursday, June 13, 2015.
- "‘The X Factor Israel’ debuts Saturday". The Jerusalem Post. 22 October 2013. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
- "The X Factor Israel". Reshet. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- Krupnick, Ellie (2013-05-29). "Bar Refaeli 'X Factor' Host Gig Will Kick Off Show In Israel". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- Caspi, David (2013-05-27). "Supermodel Bar Refaeli to Host 'X Factor' Israel". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- Hawkes, Rebecca. "X Factor Israel launches to strong ratings". Rapid TV News. Retrieved 18 December 2013.
- "Rose Fostanes makes it to ‘X Factor Israel’ Top 12 live shows". BuzzMeter. Retrieved 16 December 2013.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
|This Israel-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This television program–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|