The Xothic Legend Cycle: The Complete Mythos Fiction of Lin Carter
Cover of the first edition
|Cover artist||H.E. Fassl|
|Genre||Fantasy, Horror short stories|
|Media type||Print (Paperback)|
|Pages||xiv, 272 pp,|
The Xothic Legend Cycle: The Complete Mythos Fiction of Lin Carter is a collection of horror short stories by science fiction and fantasy author Lin Carter, edited by Robert M. Price. It gathers together his "Xothic" tales and some of his other Cthulhu Mythos writings. It was first published as a trade paperback by Chaosium in 1997 as book 13 of the publisher's "Cthulhu Cycle" series. The collection has also been translated into German.
The book collects thirteen stories by Carter, two of them collaborative, his sonnet cycle "Dreams from R'lyeh" and an additional story by Price, all set in H. P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu Mythos, together with an introduction by Price.
- "Introduction" (by Robert M. Price)
- "The Red Offering"
- "The Dweller in the Tomb"
- "The Thing in the Pit"
- "Out of the Ages"
- "The Horror in the Gallery" Note: this is the original title of this story, which was published as "Zoth-Ommog" in the DAW Books edition (only) of The Disciples of Cthulhu anthology (see Cthulhu Mythos anthology).
- "The Winfield Heritance"
- "Perchance to Dream"
- "Strange Manuscript Found in the Vermont Woods"
- "Dreams from R'lyeh: A Sonnet Cycle" (poems)(reprinted from Dreams from R'lyeh; note: the other poems included in the Arkham House volume are not reprinted here).
- "Something in Moonlight"
- "The Fishers from Outside"
- "Behind the Mask"
- "The Strange Doom of Enos Harker" (with Robert M. Price)
- "The Bell in the Tower" (with H. P. Lovecraft)
- "The Soul of the Devil-Bought" (by Robert M. Price)
|This article about a collection of fantasy short stories is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|