The Year's Best Science Fiction: Sixteenth Annual Collection
|This article does not cite any sources. (January 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Author||Edited by Gardner Dozois|
|Series||The Year's Best Science Fiction|
|Genre||Science fiction anthology|
|Publisher||St. Martin's Griffin|
|Media type||Print (Hardcover and Paperback)|
|Preceded by||The Year's Best Science Fiction: Fifteenth Annual Collection|
|Followed by||The Year's Best Science Fiction: Seventeenth Annual Collection|
The Year's Best Science Fiction: Sixteenth Annual Collection (ISBN 978-0312204457) is a science fiction anthology edited by Gardner Dozois that was published in 1999. It is the 16th in The Year's Best Science Fiction series.
The book includes a 49-page summation by Dozois; 25 stories, all that first appeared in 1998, and each with a two-paragraph introduction by Dozois; and a seven-page referenced list of honorable mentions for the year. The stories are as follows.
- Greg Egan: "Oceanic"
- Geoffrey A. Landis: "Approaching Perimelasma"
- Cory Doctorow: "Craphound"
- Tanith Lee: "Jedella Ghost"
- Bruce Sterling: "Taklamakan"
- Ursula K. Le Guin: "The Island Of the Immortals"
- Paul J. McAuley: "Sea Change, With Monsters"
- Robert Charles Wilson: "Divided By Infinity"
- Howard Waldrop: "US"
- Ian McDonald: "The Days Of Solomon Gursky"
- Robert Reed: "The Cuckoo's Boys"
- William Browning Spencer: "The Halfway House At the Heart Of Darkness"
- Michael Swanwick: "The Very Pulse of the Machine"
- Ted Chiang: "Story Of Your Life"
- Liz Williams: "Voivodoi"
- Stephen Baxter: "Saddlepoint: Roughneck"
- Rob Chilson: "This Side Of Independence"
- Chris Lawson: "Unborn Again"
- Tony Daniel: "Grist"
- Gwyneth Jones: "La Cenerentola"
- William Barton: "Down In the Dark"
- Jim Grimsley: "Free In Asveroth"
- Cherry Wilder: "The Dancing Floor"
- Ian R. MacLeod: "The Summer Isles"