The Young Ones (album)
|The Young Ones|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||December 15, 1961|
|Recorded||January - August 1961|
|Label||Columbia (EMI) 33SX 1384|
|Cliff Richard and the Shadows chronology|
The Young Ones is a soundtrack album by Cliff Richard and the Shadows to the film of the same name. It is their first soundtrack album and Richard's sixth album overall. It was produced by Norrie Paramor, with music by Ronald Cass and Stanley Black. The album topped the UK Albums Chart for six weeks (with another eleven weeks at number two) and charted for 42 weeks in total when the chart was a top twenty. The album became the first UK soundtrack to sell more than one million copies in total, combining UK and international sales.
All songs by Cliff Richard and the Shadows, unless otherwise listed.
- "Friday Night" (A.B.S. Orchestra, The Michael Sammes Singers)
- "Got a Funny Feeling"
- "Peace Pipe" (The Shadows)
- "Nothing's Impossible" (Cliff Richard and Grazina Frame, A.B.S. Orchestra)
- "The Young Ones"
- "All for One" (Cliff Richard, The Michael Sammes Singers, A.B.S. Orchestra)
- "Lessons in Love"
- "No One for Me But Nicky" (Grazina Frame, A.B.S. Orchestra)
- "What D'You Know, We've Got a Show & Vaudeville Routine / Have a Smile for Everyone You Meet / Tinkle, Tinkle, Tinkle / Algy the Piccadilly Johnny / Captain Ginjah / Joshuah / Where Did You Get That Hat / What D'You Know, We've Got a Show / Living Doll" (Cliff Richard, The Michael Sammes Singers, A.B.S. Orchestra)
- "When the Girl in Your Arms Is the Girl in Your Heart" (Cliff Richard, Norrie Paramor Orchestra)
- "Mambo: A) Just Dance B) Mood Mambo" (The Michael Sammes Singers, A.B.S. Orchestra)
- "The Savage" (The Shadows)
- "We Say Yeah"
- Cliff Richard and the Shadows
- Cliff Richard – lead vocals
- Hank Marvin – lead guitar
- Bruce Welch – rhythm guitar
- Jet Harris – bass guitar
- Tony Meehan – drums
- Grazina Frame - female lead role (portrayed by Carole Gray in the film)
- Ronald Cass - Composer
- Mike Sammes Singers - backing singers
|UK Albums (OCC)||1|
- "Cliff Richard UK Chart History". officialcharts.com. Official Charts Company.
- Omnibus Press; Official Charts Company (4 November 2012). The Million Sellers. Omnibus Press. p. 26. ISBN 978-0-85712-882-9.
- Cliff Richard and the Shadows (1961). The Young Ones (LP record) (Mono ed.). Great Britain: Columbia.
- "Cliff Richard | Artist | Official Charts". UK Albums Chart. Retrieved 16 April 2016.
- http://www.cliffandshads.co.uk/ Cliff Richard discography