The Zombie King
|The Zombie King|
The Zombie King Poster
|Directed by||Aidan Belizaire|
|Produced by||Jennifer Chippindale
|Screenplay by||George McCluskey|
|Story by||Jennifer Chippindale
|Music by||Andrew Phillips|
|Cinematography||Ismael Issa Lopez|
|Edited by||Andrew McKee|
Northern Girl Productions
The Zombie King is a British horror comedy film starring Edward Furlong and Corey Feldman. The film is directed by Aidan Belizaire and is based on a story by Jennifer Chippindale and Rebecca-Clare Evans. The film is the first project from Northern Girl Productions and was released in the spring of 2013.
Samuel Peters (Edward Furlong), once an ordinary man, dabbles in the laws of voodoo to bring his wife back from the grave. He soon encounters the god of malevolence, Kalfu (Corey Feldman), and makes a pact with him to destroy the underworld and bring chaos to earth. In return, he will become the Zombie King and walk the earth for eternity with his late wife. But as the growing horde of zombies begins to wipe out a countryside town, the government creates a perimeter around the town and employs a shoot-on-sight policy. Trapped within the town, the locals, an unlikely bunch of misfits, must fight for their lives and unite in order to survive.
- Edward Furlong as Samuel Peters/The Zombie King
- Corey Feldman as Kalfu
- George McCluskey as Ed Wallace
- David McClelland as Munch
- Michael Gamarano as Boris
- Seb Castang as Simo
- Rebecca-Clare Evans as Danny
- Jennifer Chippindale as Tara
- Jon Campling as Father Lawrence
- Timothy Owen as Neville
- Anabel Barston as Tabitha
- Jane Foufas as Vera
- Leo Horsfield as Scott
- Sebastian Street as Doctor Carter
- Tanya Kararina as Samuel Peters' Wife
- Forbes KB as Gravedigger
The film went into production in the U.K. on 20 November 2011 and was shot over 21 days.
McCluskey originally planned a release for the film in December 2012. In 2013, the film was released on DVD in Germany in April, and Japan in May. In July, Carousel Media announced it was authoring the DVD.
- Scullion (7 November 2011). "Zombie King News #2". Gore Press. Retrieved 7 November 2011.
- Benson, Daniel (20 October 2011). "Hail to the Zombie King, Baby". Horror Talk. Retrieved 5 November 2011.
- "Ed Furlong and Corey Feldman to star in UK Horror The Zombie King". liveforfilms. 7 November 2011. Retrieved 7 November 2011.
- "The Zombie King (2013) - IMDb". imdb.com. Retrieved 15 December 2016.
- Cooper, Sarah (19 October 2011). "Corey Feldman to star in UK indie feature The Zombie King". Screen Daily. Retrieved 5 November 2011.
- "EXCLUSIVE: Interview with British Actor and Author George McCluskey". HorrorBug. 26 October 2012. Retrieved 20 April 2014.
- Simpson, MJ. "2013: Taste the Blood of British Horror Films". Devil's Porridge. Hemlock Books. Retrieved 20 April 2014.
- "The Carousel Media Company | Digital Cinema Deliverables and Feature Film Mastering | Page 11". carouselmediacompany.com. Retrieved 15 December 2016.
|This article about a comedy horror film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|