Zydepunks (also billed as The Zydepunks) is an American band based in New Orleans, Louisiana. Founded in 2003, they play a wide variety of multicultural music, including Cajun music and zydeco, Eastern European music, and punk rock. They perform in English, French, Spanish, Yiddish, Portuguese, and German. Their instrumentation includes vocals, violins, accordions, bass guitar, and drums.
Their music is released on Nine Mile Records. They have performed at the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival, and throughout the United States. In November, 2009, the band performed as part of The Revival Tour. They have been reviewed by Rolling Stone magazine and USA Today.
As of 2012, the band is on hiatus. Frontman Juan Küffner currently leads the Sacramento, California-based Hollow Point Stumblers, which blends musical influences in a manner reminiscent of The Zydepunks. Many of the band's members perform with frequent Zydepunks collaborators Debauche, a New Orleans Gypsy punk band, and My Graveyard Jaw, a Southern Country rock outfit.
- Juan Küffner - lead vocals, accordion, fiddle
- Eve Venema - accordion, backing vocals
- Joseph Lilly - drums, backing vocals
- Scott Potts - bass, backing vocals
- Denise Bonis- violin, backing vocals
Frequent collaborators and former members
- Michael James - guitar
- Joseph McGinty - fiddle
- Vincent Schmidt - accordion
- Patrick Keenan - bass
- 2004 - 9th Ward Ramblers
- 2005 - ...And The Streets Will Flow With Whiskey
- 2007 - Exile Waltz
- 2008 - Finisterre
- Lomax, John Nova (April 2, 2008). "Zydepunks, with Blaggards". Houston Press. Retrieved 2017-08-04.
- "The Revival Tour 2009". ink19.com. 24 December 2009. Retrieved 2017-08-04.
- "Revival Tour 2009 w/ Chuch Ragan, Jim Ward, many more". brooklynvegan.com. Retrieved 2017-08-04.
- Fricke, David (May 29, 2008). "Fricke's Picks: Cajun Spice and Thrash". Rolling Stone. No. 1053. p. 72. ISSN 0035-791X.
- Gundersen, Edna (April 28, 2008). "Wet and wild: That's the spirit of this year's Jazz Fest". USA Today. p. Life section, 03d. ISSN 0734-7456.
- "Folk/Punk Legends from New Orleans, Louisiana". The Zydepunks. Retrieved 2013-07-07.
- "» The Band The Hollow Point Stumblers". Thestumblers.com. Retrieved 2013-07-07.
- "Links". The Zydepunks. Retrieved 2013-07-07.
- "My Graveyard Jaw". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2017-08-04.
|This article on a United States folk music band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|