The Greatest Show on Earth
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from The greatest show on earth (disambiguation))
The Greatest Show on Earth may refer to:
Art, entertainment, and media
- Dan Rice's circus (1830s-1860s) was first described by an Arkansas paper as the "greatest show on earth"
- Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus uses it as a slogan
- The Greatest Show on Earth (film) (1952), an American drama film produced and directed by Cecil B. DeMille
- The Greatest Show on Earth: The Evidence for Evolution (2009), a book by British ethologist and evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins
- The Greatest Show on Earth (band), a British band from the early 1970s
- "The Greatest Show on Earth", a song by metal band Machinae Supremacy
- "Greatest Show on Earth", a song by Michael Jackson on his Ben album (1972)
- "The Greatest Show on Earth", a song by metal band Nightwish on their album Endless Forms Most Beautiful (2015)
- The Weather Show, a segment of the Schoolhouse Rock! Science Rock series, originally titled "The Greatest Show on Earth" and withdrew after complaint from Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus. Eventually retitled.
- The Greatest Show on Earth (TV series), a 1963 television series starring Jack Palance and based on the above film
- The Greatest Show on Earth, a 1930s American play by George Somnes
- The Olympic Games, considered the world's foremost sports competition with more than 200 nations participating in 33 different sports. The 16-day competition is often referred to as the Greatest Show on Earth in the media.
- Trinidad and Tobago Carnival, an annual event celebrated on the Monday and Tuesday before Ash Wednesday
- "BBC Advert for the 2016 Summer Olympics". BBC. Retrieved August 5, 2016.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title The Greatest Show on Earth.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.