|Pen name||Thea Harrison / Amanda Carpenter|
|Notable awards||RITA for Best Paranormal Romance, RT Book Reviews Editor's Pick for Best Book of 2011, RT Book Reviews Reviewer's Best Shapeshifter Romance 2013, RT Book Reviews Paranormal Worldbuilding 2015|
Thea Harrison is the pen name of American author Teddy Harrison, who writes paranormal romance novels, including the best selling Elder Series. Teddy has also written romance novels under the name of Amanda Carpenter.
In the 1980s and 1990s, Teddy wrote for Harlequin Mills & Boon under the name Amanda Carpenter, and the 16 Amanda Carpenter romances have been published in over ten languages, and sold over a million and a half copies worldwide.
Thea has received a number of positive reviews for her character and world building. For example USA Today's HEA Blog "Thea Harrison is always on my must-read list. Her heroes and heroines are complicated, hot and just plain fun!" and from bookbinge.com "Harrison’s world-building is top notch".
The Washington Post has called her Elder Races series, "fantastic." Publisher's Weekly wrote that in Dragon Bound (2011), "Harrison goes beyond the usual vampires and werewolves to create an entertaining cast of supernatural characters," however, the action slowed down too much in the book. However, Booklist wrote that it "was an outstanding blend of romantic suspense and urban fantasy with great storytelling and world building." Publisher's Weekly felt that new readers and old readers alike would "cheer" the protagonist of Oracle's Moon (2012).
Kirkus Reviews wrote that Falling Light (2014) was "beautifully written, boldly imaginative, action-packed and captivating." However, Publishers Weekly felt that the character of Lucifer in Falling Light was "a cardboard caricature of evil."
Elder Races Series Books
- Dragon Bound (May-11)
- Storm's Heart (Aug-11)
- Serpent's Kiss (Oct-11)
- Oracle's Moon (Mar-12)
- Lord's Fall (Nov-12)
- Kinked (Nov-13)
- Night's Honor (Sep-14)
- Midnight's Kiss (May-15)
- Shadow's End (Dec-15)
Elder Races Series Novellas
- True Colors (Dec-11)
- Natural Evil (Jun-12)
- Devil's Gate (Jun-12)
- Hunter's Season (Sep-12)
- The Wicked (Jul-13)
- Dragos Takes a Holiday (Dec-13)
- Peanut Goes to School (Jul-14)
- Pia Saves the Day (Aug-14)
- Dragos Goes to Washington (Oct-15)
- Pia Does Hollywood (Nov-15)
- Liam Takes Manhattan (Dec-15)
Elder Races Series Collections
Game of Shadows Series
- "Amanda Carpenter Info Posted on August 6, 2013". Thea Harrison's Web Site. Retrieved 19 September 2017.
- "Best Sellers: Paperback Mass-Market Fiction: Sunday, October 23rd 2011". NY Times. Retrieved 19 September 2017.
- "USA Today Best Sellers Author Search". USA Today Best Selling Author Search - Thea Harrison. Retrieved 19 September 2017.
- "Must-read paranormal romance: 'Spellbinder' by Thea Harrison (interview!) Published July 18, 2017". USA Today HEA. Retrieved 6 October 2017.
- "Sunday Spotlight: Dragon Bound By Thea Harrison, Published Jan 15, 2017". www.bookbinge.com. Retrieved 6 October 2017.
- Wendell, Sarah (2012-12-11). "Romance novels for cold winter nights". Washington Post. ISSN 0190-8286. Retrieved 2017-12-29.
- "Fiction Book Review: Dragon Bound by Thea Harrison". Publishers Weekly. Retrieved 2017-12-29.
- Tixier, Herald (May 2011). "Dragon Bound". Booklist. 107 (17): 70 – via EBSCOhost.
- "Fiction Book Review: Oracle's Moon by Thea Harrison". Publishers Weekly. Retrieved 2017-12-29.
- "Falling Light". Kirkus Reviews. Retrieved 28 December 2017.
- "Fiction Book Review: Falling Light by Thea Harrison". Publishers Weekly. Retrieved 2017-12-29.
- Harrison, Thea (2011). Dragon bound. New York: Berkley Sensation. ISBN 978-0-425-24150-9.
- Harrison, Thea (2011). Storm's heart. New York: Berkley Publishing Group. ISBN 978-0-425-24266-7.
- Harrison, Thea (2011). Serpent's kiss. New York: Berkley Sensation. ISBN 978-0-425-24440-1.
- Harrison, Thea (2012). Oracle's moon. New York: Berkley Sensation. ISBN 978-0-425-24659-7.
- Harrison, Thea (2012). Lord's fall. New York: Berkley Sensation. ISBN 978-0-425-25106-5.
- Harrison, Thea (2013). Kinked. New York: Berkley Sensation. ISBN 978-0-425-25511-7.
- Harrison, Thea (2014). Night's honor. New York: Berkley Sensation. ISBN 978-0-425-27436-1.
- Harrison, Thea (2015). Midnight's kiss. New York: Berkley Sensation. ISBN 978-0-425-27438-5.
- Harrison, Thea (2015). Shadow's end (in Spanish). New York: Berkley Sensation. ISBN 978-0-425-27439-2.