|Publisher||Friedrich Berlin Verlag GmbH|
|First issue||Summer 1960|
Theater heute (German: Theatre Today) is a German language monthly magazine with a special focus on theatre. The magazine is based in Berlin, Germany, and has been in circulation since 1960.
History and profile
Theater heute was founded in 1960. The first issue appeared in Summer of that year, and its founders were Erhard Friedrich und Henning Rischbieter. The magazine is published on a monthly basis by Friedrich Berlin Verlag GmbH based in Berlin. It features articles on theater performances in Germany and in other countries. It is one of the German publications which extensively published reviews about the work by Samuel Beckett and also, the German translations of his plays.
- Barbara F.H. Allen (2001). "German studies: journals and magazines". Collection Building. 20 (2): 54–73. doi:10.1108/01604950110388699.
- "Über Theater heute" (in German). Der Theater Verlag. Retrieved 15 June 2022.
- "Theaterkritiker Henning Rischbieter ist tot". Nacht Kritik. 22 May 2013. p. de. Retrieved 15 June 2022.
- David Barnett (2005). Rainer Werner Fassbinder and the German Theatre. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. p. 177. ISBN 978-0-521-85514-3.
- Anne Bogart (2003). A Director Prepares: Seven Essays on Art and Theatre. London; New York: Routledge. p. 12. ISBN 978-1-134-55689-2.
- Jack Zipes (Spring–Summer 1982). "Beckett in Germany/Germany in Beckett". New German Critique (26): 155. doi:10.2307/488028.
- Bonnie Marranca; Gautam Dasgupta (1989). "The Culture of Perestroika". Performing Arts Journal. 11–12 (3–1): 205. doi:10.2307/3245437.