ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Neenah
Entrance sign for the medical center in 2009
|Location||Neenah, Wisconsin, United States|
|Network||Mayo Clinic Care Network|
|Emergency department||Level II trauma center|
|Founded||1909, 108 years ago|
|Lists||Hospitals in Wisconsin|
ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Neenah, formerly Theda Clark Medical Center, is a hospital in the north central United States, located on the south end of Doty Island in Neenah, Wisconsin. It is part of the ThedaCare health care system and a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network.
The medical center is dedicated to Theda Clark Peters (1871–1903), daughter of Charles B. Clark (1844–1891), a philanthropist and one of the founders of Kimberly-Clark Corporation. A renowned community activist herself, she died at age 32 at her home while giving birth.
Recognizing the need for an area hospital, her family donated $96,000 to build a hospital in 1909 in her memory, and later donated another $50,000 to establish a fund to pay for care for those who couldn't afford it.
ThedaCare is currently in the process of seeking the closure of the hospital along with ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Appleton. They would then build a brand new mega-hospital to serve the Fox Cities. A representative of the company stated that investing in a new hospital would make more sense than investing in the remodeling of both hospitals. The representative also said that newer medical procedures, bring the need for different facilities. ThedaCare cited the need for a larger Intensive care unit to cope with the increased demand for beds in the unit.
- "ThedaCare Announces Two More New Hospital Names as Part of Systemwide Rebranding Effort". Thedacare.org. ThedaCare. Retrieved 8 April 2016.
- "Theda Clark Peters". Find a Grave. Retrieved August 23, 2016.
- "Kimberly-Clark Foundation celebrates 60 years of giving back to our communities". Kimberly-Clark. Archived from the original on 2015-09-12.
- "Our Community". ThedaClark. Archived from the original on 2014-04-13.
- Behnke, Duke (2016-02-17). "ThedaCare explores building new hospital". The Post-Crescent. Appleton, Wisconsin: Gannett Company. Retrieved 2016-11-20.